Search Unity

Random EditorLoop spikes in the Profiler

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LeGeND_Darkstar, Jun 10, 2019.

1. LeGeND_Darkstar

LeGeND_Darkstar

I've been working on a game for a while and recently I've noticed that there are random FPS spikes when I test it. After some searching online and failure after failure, I decided to test something.
    I created a brand new game which contains literally nothing in it, it is literally just a camera which is rendering nothing. After running it for a second I can see many spikes forming in something called "EditorLoop".
    I have no idea what can be causing this and whether this could possibly be an obvious cause for FPS spikes in my game, but I'd rather ask here before I do anything else. ProfilerScreenshot.PNG
    In case anyone knows anything similar to this, in my proper game I occasionally have "PlayerLoop" suddenly spike similarly to the example shown. My proper game also has "EditorLoop" spikes as well. If it helps I'm using Unity version 2019.3.0a5, and I upgraded my game from 2018.3.2f1.

I am new to Unity in terms of troubleshooting these types of problems, so any help will be appreciated. I hope the information supplied is good enough.

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Unity 2019.3 is currently a alpha version and not made for production.
    You can make a bug report and post that bug report id to the 2019.3 Alpha forum.
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/2019-3-alpha.337/

In general this editor spike should not make a problem in the build version.
    You can make a debug build and let the Profiler connect to it so you can get a proper reading from the build game.

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  3. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Unity Technologies

Please enable editor profiling (Profile Editor toggle in the Profiler Window toolbar) to see what is happening inside "EditorLoop" sample.
    "EditorLoop" marker is Editor-specific and designated to show Editor only activities like drawing editor windows, updating assets, etc. It doesn't exist in player builds.