Search Unity

Random download freezes

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by WinterboltGames, Sep 17, 2018.

1. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

Hello Community,

I have been encountering random download freezes when using the unity hub to download unity editor with multiple other components they sometimes even get stuck in the installing... status which is pretty strange...

What I have done so far trying to overcome this:

1 - Check my connection (16mbps)
    2 - Check my firewall and enable unity Hub access to private networks.
    3 - Delete any antivirus and disable windows defender.
    4 - Re-Installing the hub completely.

And none of the above methods work!

The only thing that seemed to work is to disconnect my internet while the hub is downloading wait until the orange notification appears then re-download what was downloading and that's not really a great solution as it doesn't always work!

I hope anyone here can help as I have a very limited bandwidth (32 GB per month??)

2. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @KillerOfSteam7,
    sorry to hear you had trouble downloading and installing the editor using the Hub.

First, could you report a bug in the Hub, if not already done?
    To report a bug, click on the tray menu icon > Report a bug.

Also, what do you consider to be a "download freeze"? Considering the size of the editor and some components, downloading can be long.

WinterboltGames likes this.
  3. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

Thanks for your help sir but I have already confirmed that it's not related to the size of the download of the components since I left the hub to download unity 2018.3b1 since I made this post and it's still stuck at 90%.

I will also make sure to report a bug.

4. mjrecrosio

mjrecrosio

I have the same issue.
    When I'm downloading specifically the android components (SDK and ndk tools) the download will freeze.

It would stay in one spot overnight. It indicates that it's downloading but neither the percentage of the download speed values would change.

Attached Files:

ArThoulS likes this.
  5. mahdiii

mahdiii

When do you want to fix it?
    Every time I intend to install unity through unity hub, I have a problem. Version 2019.4.37, 93%

6. Pixelaters

Pixelaters

workaround: Only download the unity editor without any modules added, then after click the cogwheel and add the modules you want