Search Unity

RAM Requirements for Style Transfer?

Discussion in 'ArtEngine - Archived' started by ParadoxSolutions, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ParadoxSolutions

ParadoxSolutions

Does anyone know what the RAM requirements for style transfer are? I have used other algorithms such as the ones here: https://reiinakano.com/arbitrary-image-stylization-tfjs/ which run in almost real-time. However, there have been advances in arbitrary style transfer and the results of the linked method has artifacts.

I picked up ArtEngine specifically to style transfer some 2k textures, remove any compression, and upres to 4k. I was hoping to automate the process of creating "Borderlands" style textures. I assume ArtEngine's style transfer is arbitrary.

Unfortunately when computing just the style transfer from a 2K source to a 2K destination albedo texture the program takes a minute then displays an out-of vRAM popup. The vRam usage bar at the top right only says 18% usage when executing the node though.

System Specs:
    Intel 11gen Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
    Nvidia RTX 3070
    Memory: 32GB RAM

Do I need a more powerful rig? Can I manually assign more vRAM to the application? I can't tell if I'm running out because I don't have enough or because there is a soft cap preventing the app from using the full power of my graphics card.

More information about the recommended specs or even a tutorial on this feature would be appreciated.

2. Kristioc

Kristioc

Unity Technologies

Hi! For more information about Style Transfer, please check out our Knowledge Base Article.

Due to the node still being in Beta, the image limit is 1k. I recommend adding a resize node to make your input images smaller and then continuing with the upres node to bring it back up to your desired size.

Let us know if you have any further issues!

ParadoxSolutions likes this.