Search Unity

Ram problem on older iOS devices

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fred_gds, Jan 18, 2014.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I have the problem that my application apparently uses more Ram on older iOS devices (60 mb difference between iPhone 4S and iPhone 5S). I already posted it in a thread (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/21...cations-memory-warnings-crashes-on-iOS7/page2) and tried to contact Unity by mail, but I wasn't able to get any solution yet.

As my application is already available on the App Store I really need a solution now. It would be great if somebody has any idea how to fix it.

I already changed the compression of all textures and compressed all audio files. I'm using object pooling and I don't load all the details on the older devices, but apparently this isn't enough. I mean if I could run on 160 mb on the iPhone 4S as I do on the iPhone 5S then my problem would be solved, but I really don't see where this more on Ram comes from.

I also tried to call the garbage collect manually, but this did not free any Ram. So I guess that the problem is Unity based and I therefore need a solution.