Search Unity

RaindropFX - Realistic Camera Lens Rain Effect

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by zhongtianhu, Feb 24, 2018.

1. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

RaindropFX GPU solver for HDRP is coming! The performance has been greatly improved!

In version 3.0, you can choose to use CPU or GPU as your solver.

GPU.png

Attached Files:

one_one and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  2. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

Shaders Has a Error with HDRP 10.2.2..

Shader error in 'Custom/RaindropFX/WetSurface_HDRP': "Undefined punctual shadow filter algorithm" at com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@10.2.2/Runtime/Lighting/Shadow/HDShadowAlgorithms.hlsl(26)

the Screen Effect is worked anyway. but, others not worked..

3. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

Hi! Please send email to hztmailbox@gmail.com, I'll send you a fixed version.

4. luniac

luniac

Wow hey that looks pretty cool, i presume i could adjust the code to create a bunch of random drops in a circular radius around the click?

Also it did look like the drops interact with each other but i can't tell how well.
    Is it possible for drops to join together to form bigger drops and only slide down once they become too large to stay in place?

5. luniac

luniac

I love the wiping feature in the new version, very cool!

6. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

At present, they are actually some independent water drops, but after post-processing, it looks that drops close to each other are merged. To achieve what you said, you can maintain a list of painting water drops separately, then merge the water drops that are close to each other, and judge that when the quality of water drops is large enough, then replace it with dynamic water drop.

I will create an example for you later :)

7. luniac

luniac

An example would be great!
    That would be everything i need for my project.

Thanks!

8. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

微信截图_20210307180131.png

RaindropFX Pro 3.0 for HDRP is released!

I received feedback from some users that the performance of version 2.5 (HDRP version) is poor, so in version 3.0, I focused on improving the performance of the solver. Now the batches of the CPU solver was reduced by half, and the performance was greatly improved!

In addition, another notable big update of version 3.0 is the GPU solver. Now you can choose CPU or GPU as your raindrop solver. GPU solver is still in beta version, only basic functions, if you find any BUG, please contact me in time.

I'm sorry that the last version didn't satisfy you due to performance issues, so I decided to provide free upgrade for version 3.0. Users who bought the old version don't need to pay any extra upgrade fees. ;)

Asset Store Links
    Standard Pipe Version: http://u3d.as/1M4D
    HDRP Version: http://u3d.as/1Un5

Release Notes
    *fixed: shader error in HDRP 10.2.2;
    *fixed: static mask only affect raindrop but not affect fog and depth-of-field;
    *added: half batches decreased (CPU solver);
    *added: dynamic wipe for object space version (CPU solver);
    *added: raindrop painting (screen space, CPU solver);
    *added: force LUT (affecting the flow direction of water droplets on object surface);
    *added: assembly definition;
    *added: dynamic scaling of full screen raindrop texture (no longer need to preset the size at the beginning of the game);
    *added: controllable fogging speed;
    *added: GPU screen space solver (beta);
    *added: GPU object space solver (beta);
    *added: fluids can interact with normal map (object space, GPU solver).

Video

ScreenShots
    batches.png
    wip.png
    surfaceRain.png

9. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Looks great, on the CPU usage the video seems to show between 20-30ms for CPU use, how much of that is the Rain effect?

10. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Looking forward to version 3. Looks great so far.

11. passeridaepc

passeridaepc

Hi!
    I need a raindrop effect for windows in the interior scene. There are around 30 windows, 2-3 glass panels each. Only 6-8 windows are visible at a time. Will I face performance issues in this scenario if I use your asset for this? I don't need any physical interaction or behaviour, so it would be cool if I could disable all the simulation stuff and leave only the visual look of moving droplets.

keeponshading likes this.
  12. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Some possible solution.

Combine the meshes for all windows of your "house" and generate an packed uv for it.
    Then run the rain Shader on it.

When you need add additional 2 geometrys for every window (in and out). Gives some more flexibility.

So you have pro window a in an out glass surface + the combined mesh for all windows who runs the rain shader.
    This method is used in the ArchVizProInteriorVol3_HDRP Asset with perfect performance.

I am also interessted in other possible solutions with RaindropFXPro.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  13. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

I'm sorry that I was writing my master's thesis this period, so didn't pay attention to the forum and didn't reply to you for a long time. I'm working in a game company now, only have time on weekends, so I can't pay much attention to the forum.

However, the plug-in will continue to be maintained and updated. If you need any help, please email me directly :)

keeponshading likes this.
  14. Simondenhartog

Simondenhartog

Congratulations with your job at a game company! Are you still planning om making a URP version?

15. zhongtianhu

zhongtianhu

Yes, but it maybe delayed :)

16. deanparker

deanparker

Picked up RaindropFX HDRP (v3 looks awesome), while I am waiting for the URP version.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  17. Velo222

Velo222

Hello, I've been using this asset for awhile, and it looks great. I love the effect. But currently it is unusable for me in one of my projects because it drops my game's fps in half, just with this asset alone. That is, the CPU version of it with the most features has massive performance issues for me. It literally drops my game's fps from ~50 down to ~25 fps.

The GPU version has much better performance, but of course lacks a lot of features (and I can't see how to get the rain droplets to be larger) with any noise texture I've tried.

I am using HDRP and RaindropFX Pro HDRP 3.1.1. I will email you directly as well, but just wanted to post this here in case you see this one as well.

Thanks for any help with the performance issues.

18. chitanblue

chitanblue

Hi, I bought this recently. The raindrops are a great size and ratio on a small window pane I have. But, when I scale that window up, everything looks big and blocky. Is there a way to reduce the size of everything? To "scale" this shader down so the drops are smaller? Thanks

19. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Can any users of this give some frame rates when using the effect, especially the wiper effect, looking at the videos the CPU use shows 30ms - 40ms for scenes with just the rain effect in, is this how much time the asset takes?

unityunity