Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow Folders - Custom folder icons in the project browser? Easy!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PhannGor, Jun 18, 2016.

1. coolfarmer

coolfarmer

I just bought your asset for my Unity project (v2023.2.0b15), but after installation I get this error:

Is there a way to fix that? I would really want to use this asset!
    I know this version is beta, but LTS 2023 (Unity6) is coming and is right around the corner, I think it's a good time to update your asset and make it fully compatible with 2023.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. PhannGor

PhannGor

@coolfarmer

Thank you for reporting this! Seems like they changed the project view API one more time. Will take a look during this weekend.

Also, please ping us using the support email, so we'll be able to provide a fix directly, without waiting for when fix will be available on the asset store.

3. PhannGor

PhannGor

@coolfarmer

Just installed Unity 2023.2.0b17 and all works like a charm for me. Please make sure you're using the latest (v2.4.1) version of the Rainbow Folders.

4. coolfarmer

coolfarmer

@PhannGor, oh yeah great! I just tested it in the new tech stream version released today (2023.2.01f1), works great, thank you! :)

5. rrtc26

rrtc26

I think I found a visual error, in the filters part of the Ruleset, in Unity 2022.3.13f1
    upload_2023-12-31_17-2-42.png

Additionally, I take this opportunity to ask if they sell or offer more presets, I was looking at the videos and the quick start pdf and looking at the files they don't seem like all of them to me, I'll stay tuned, thank you very much.

6. Frais254

Frais254

Hello, Is it possible to change the "Packages" folder icon? I have changed the Assets folder icon and now it looks out of place a little bit. Thank you!

7. PhannGor

PhannGor

Hi @Vincent454,
    I didn't get your question. Could you please provide a bit more details?

8. Frais254

Frais254

I meant the Packages folder in the project view on left side. The Assets folder icon can be changed but the Packages icon can not be

9. PhannGor

PhannGor

Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet. Unity handles that UI element differently for some reason, so no way to replace icon for the "Packages" folder itself. It works just fine for the "Packages/XXX" subfolders, however.

Frais254 likes this.