Search Unity

Raiders of the Lost Island

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by xelanoimis, Jul 23, 2017.

1. xelanoimis

xelanoimis

Raiders of the Lost Island is a local co-op party game where up to 4 players compete in looting treasures from a sinking island, while building together a raft to survive the final wave.

DESCRIPTION

Four funny adventurers explore a sinking island under the constant threat of the rising waters. They must work together and collect resources quickly to build a raft and escape before the final wave washes them away. If they fail, they all lose together.

However, the island is full of treasures: gold coins, gems and the most expensive diamonds. This hard to resist temptation will put their friendship to the test, because if they manage to survive, only the richest one will stand in front! The others just helped him win.

Grab your friends and venture to the Lost Island! Seek your fortune, survive together and get rich in the process! Don’t let the greed get the best of you or you will all end up on the bottom of the ocean!

FEATURES
    • local co-op party game (1-4 players)
    • lose together, but win alone
    • beautiful 3d isometric graphics
    • funny animated characters
    • basic fighting mechanic
    • simple controls scheme
    • gorgeous coins, gems and diamonds
    • diverse levels with different themes
    • dangers, traps and hidden passages
    • rules and environment modifiers
    • find who your friends really are
    • tons of laughs and good times

SCREEN SHOTS

AUTHOR

Hi, I'm Alexandru Simion, the main developer of the Raiders of the Lost Island, a project that started with another 3 friends during the Global Game Jam 2017. Launched in 2020 on Steam. Switch version following.

https://www.lasttales.com/raiders
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/867980/Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Island/
    www.facebook.com/RaidersOfTheLostIsland
    www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DR3SKnlvL720fXvcnfJXA

Thank you so much!
    Alex

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Is there competitive mode 1v4? Race to build your own raft while stealing resources. I didn't catch it if there is.
    Looks kinda fun.

Is there a link for it on itch.io?

3. xelanoimis

xelanoimis

It's a semi-cooperative.
    Players must work together to build the raft, by collecting sacks with resources. If they don't finish in time, they all die. While doing so, they will get distracted and start collecting treasures. Because if they manage to survive, only the richest player wins. So it's happy time until one gets upset that some other player got more riches and they all start chasing each other, ignoring the boat until the last minute - which might prove too late :)

Check the gameplay video on the website. I'll post more as I run more play tests with friends.

The ALPHA demo will be available soon. Subscribe or follow the game on social networks for release updates.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. xelanoimis

xelanoimis

Quick update with lot of events:

The game won "Best Game of the Show" and "Best Design" awards at Dev-Play Eastern Europe Game Conference and will be featured next year at Indie Prize Casual Connect London. The Dev-Play conference was a blast, people played and enjoyed the game and provided a lot of constructive feedback.

DJdKbpAXkAA_4dO.jpg DJifL-wXcAAk70V.jpg
    21641182_172989343272242_5805244425705258930_o.jpg

After that, the game was presented at a famous Romanian TV show, called iLikeIT and this helped with game's visibility.

DJw4_enX0AAR2vE.jpg

Finally I pushed hard and released the ALPHA DEMO to match these events.

Yes, you can download from the game's website and play it with your friends. Please share the news and I'd be really happy to hear about your experience with the game!

http://www.raidersofthelostisland.com/tagged/play

21752694_174793446425165_6896224068843771553_o.jpg

Have fun!

5. xelanoimis

xelanoimis

Quick update: still alive, survived past the beta stage.
    Next focus on some improvements, small features, and more levels.
    Release target: summer early access, hopefully in time for Gamescom.

Please add the game in your STEAM wishlist to stay up to date with the release and other news:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/867980/Raiders_Of_The_Lost_Island/

RavenOfCode likes this.
  6. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

I'm a huge co-op game fan, this looks dope!