Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by patrickdib007, Jan 24, 2020.

1. patrickdib007

patrickdib007

Hey Guys,

I don't know if im on the right section of the forum, I'm a complete noob, but here goes my question :

I'm creating a network game and i want raid bosses to appear on the players screen and ask them if they want to join the raid (4 player max). Similar to the game Seven deadly sins grand cross.

How do i go about it with the scripts or is there a specific mechanism that i have to use ??

Thanks

2. Devastadus

Devastadus

This is such an opened ended question that can vary greatly based upon your architecture of your code. No one here can give you a good answer without knowing that code base or architecture or possibly working on your project. With that said if you can create a networked game, even the simplest networked game. making a mechanism to ask players to join a raid will be trivial at that point.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Popping up questions is usually enabling a UI window. See any tutorial which covers UI windows, or more simply just how to enable/disable GameObjects. You'd set any text or images on the UI window same as any other text or images from a UI tutorial.

As far as the network part, you haven't mentioned what network API you've used to implement the rest of the game. Maybe it has a built in mechanism for this, maybe you'd handle it with a remote RPC, or maybe you're writing your own implementation on top of serializing/deserializing messages to byte arrays. No idea what you're working with.

But my only real advice here, is a network game is the worst project to start with as a self described "noob". That's the same thing as someone interested in learning how to design cars deciding their first project is going to be an exotic hyper car. Ummm, start with a single player Honda Civic first, get that to completion, then move on to something more difficult like network multiplayer. Because you should only be asking specifically about the network portion, since that itself is such an enormous task. Understand even for Unity veterans, they are going to be spending around 2/3 of their programming effort just on the networking part - everything else, every other system in the game, will occupy the other 1/3 combined. If you're still having trouble with UI stuff, you're just not ready yet. Don't skip to the final exam before you read the first chapter. No offense intended.

patrickdib007 likes this.
  4. patrickdib007

patrickdib007

Sorry i don't think i was clear enough. It's my fault. My question was related to the networking part and not the UI part. How do i get a player to send through the network to ALL the players the question of joining the raid (so that afterwards i toggle on/off the UI). So that another player can enter the raid. I'm doing a mobile game and i'm using Photon pun v2. Maybe theres already something in the documentation that i missed. Thanks

5. Serinx

Serinx

patrickdib007 likes this.
unityunity