Search Unity

RageTools: Flash-like 2D Vectors and GUI for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MaDDoX, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Shreddin_PB

Shreddin_PB

Hey guys.. i havnt used Unity or RageTools in a while.. I had to set my project aside. I am jumping back into it tho and have run into something.
    I updated to Unity 4.1.3f3.
    I updated all assets to the newest versions. I am using RageTools, RageTools Pro, and RageSpline in the project.
    After updating everthing I get this error.

Any ideas?

2. Shreddin_PB

Shreddin_PB

Another question then since I see this.. I purchased all 3 individually.. is there a different, all in one package now? Can I just switch to that or will it break things?

3. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

The version in your project is probably old indeed. RageTooxExtensions.cs should be only inside _Freakow\RageTools\Code\_Extensions\. Delete any other version, use Unity's filter box to quickly find it. Supposing you get any other similar errors, the easiest way to fix that is finding where is the conflicting file in your original project (you should always have a backup of course), then moving it to the proper final folder. You can easily find out the new structure by creating a brand new project and importing the packages.

There's a product called "RageSuite" which include the three Rage packages plus a number of benefits - a couple new separate components under works for it as well. It's 100% compatible with older projects, but the file and folder preparation is equally necessary. Drop us an e-mail if you decide to switch, we have an upgrade path for existing RageSpline + Tools + Pro users. Thanks!

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I'm considering buying this for a scalable HUD for my first Android app project, but I'm a bit confused on which of your products I should get and whether I will gain anything over Vectrosity, which I already have a license for. The HUD is pretty simple: a big "bull's eye" cross hair in the middle of the screen, some animated lines and dynamically changing numbers. I want the size and position of all the elements to scale no matter what size screen is used, so Unity GUI text isn't an option. Vectrosity can handle the lines / cross hair, but it would be so much easier (I think) to create the graphics in Inkscape and import an SVG, rather than code up all the elements. Anyone here use both?

Also, is there a list of available fonts that come with RageText? I'm looking for something techy looking, like an LCD font. Anything similar? Can I create my own fonts?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Bumpity bump! ;)

(Edit: Just experimented with scale-able text in Vectrosity and it really doesn't handle it very well.)

6. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Paul. As far as I know Vectrosity is not capable of generating text as RageText (part of RageTools Pro and RageSuite) can. RageText comes with three font types, "Atarified", "Verdana" and "Toony". The closest one to an LCD font would be the retro-styled "Atarified". Last but not least, you can surely create your own font, we provide a step by step guide and reference SVGs to guide you through the process. Tutorial video coming soon too.

Thanks for your questions, if you have any other points you need clarification about please don't hesitate to drop us an e-mail or add it to this thread.

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Thanks Breno, email sent...

8. Elecman

Elecman

The documentation is not very clear on how to create a new style. It reads:
    If you think about it, this doesn't make sense. "check any RageSpline's Inspector editor". So you have to click a check box? You have to check each component? And "any RageSpline's Inspector editor", there is only one inspector, so grammatically that doesn't make sense. The whole thing doesn't make sense.

It took me a while to figure it out. A better way of writing this is:

To create a new RageSpline style, select a RageSpline GameObject in the Hierarchy which has your preferred style. Then in the Inspector go to the RageSpline component -> Styling Options. Enter a name in the 'New Style' field and click 'Create'.

9. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

You're right, this is much better wording. "Check" is also plain wrong, it should be "select" or "edit". I'll get it fixed, thanks and sorry for the misleading text.

Also, what it really should have is a style editor window instead of requiring you to edit a RageSpline. The current way sometimes is handy (since you see the final effect on an actual shape) but in most circumstances it's just a nuisance. The standalone style editor is on our to-do list.

10. Elecman

Elecman

When I import an svg made with Inkscape, it is never centered relative to the gameObject origin, even though "horizontal and vertical coordinate of the selection" in Inkscape is set to zero. Examining the svg file reveals that indeed the origin of the object is not at 0,0.

Changing the "store transformation" setting in Inkscape makes no difference what so ever.

This might not be directly related to RageTools but any idea how I can fix this issue?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  11. Santtu-S

Santtu-S

Hi!

I don't know if these are features or bugs (just bought the suite) but some things I have noticed (using unity 4.2) :

Adding edge spline and edgetune and zooming the camera "explodes" the anti aliasing. Edgetuen otherwise seems to be working, but zooming the camera (either changing z in perspective or ortho size) makes all the edge tune enables shapes extrimely blurry. Tweaking the object seems ok, but as soon as I hit play and zoom the camera it blurs the objects. I'm using the currect "Update" on group and "Initialize" on edgetune.

In svg import, circles(or rather ellipses) are not imported. I'm using newest Inkscape. If I "Convert to path" all the circles, they are imported fine.

The magnets does not seem to "attach" themselves to any of the path points. I managed to get this to work (somewhat, not all the path points attach) when creating a shape from unity but when importing svg magnet cannot seem to find any path points even if I make (for example) circle collider radius to larger than the imported svg itself.

12. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Elecman. As far as I know the only way to do what you want directly from within Inkscape is to center the art around the top-left corner of the canvas. Alternatively you can import the art with SVG-In and apply Pivotools 'Center' mode, to move the pivot to the geometric center of the grouped shapes.

13. Elecman

Elecman

Thanks, using Pivotools works fine.

One other thing though. I understand that the latest version has less CPU load but if a gameObject is selected in the Inspector with RageTools objects on it, the CPU usage is still very high. See here:

$cpu_load.jpg

The image on the left is with a gameObject with a RageSVG-In script, and the image on the right is with an empty game object selected. Whatever the script is doing, I am sure it doesn't need to be done every frame.

The Profiler shows that a couple of calls from RageTools.LateUpdate() cause most of the CPU load. Since 99% of the things in non-Play mode don't move around all the time, perhaps the expensive calls can be made only when a transform or property changes.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  14. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Elecman. There's no "RageTools" component, maybe you're referring to RageGroup? If that's the case, could you please check if you don't have "tweak" enabled? It does need to continuously update while it's on. Also, after disabling 'tweak', make sure to click on 'update'.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  15. Elecman

Elecman

I meant RageGroup indeed. I tried enabling "tweak", then Update but it made no difference.

16. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Sorry for asking again but did you disable it, or you didn't have it enabled and have enabled it instead? Just to make it clear it should *not* be enabled.

17. Elecman

Elecman

Ah, I misunderstood. I didn't have it enabled, but either way, having it enabled or disabled and then pressing Update, makes no difference.

18. Elecman

Elecman

I can't get RageButton to work properly. I want to call a function in my script if I press the button. The manual states:

Ok, so I have to drag the host GameObject which contains my script onto the "To Exectute" field. This cannot be done. It sort of makes sense because the field clearly states it is expecting a MonoBehaviour script and not a GameObject.

So let's try to drag my script onto that field. This fails as well, it won't accept it. Something is wrong in either the manual, the RageButton logic, or my understanding of how this thing is supposed to work.

19. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Elecman, I'll further investigate the awkward RageGroup performance issue you're running into, it definitely makes no sense since there's nothing being called in update itself. Maybe it's some faulty editor interaction. I'll get back to you.

Inside the component (script attached to a GO) that you drag to the field there has to be a method named "OnClick". That method is what'll actually be executed once you click on the button. Or have you done that and it didn't work?

20. Elecman

Elecman

That did the trick. Thanks.

21. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi RageTools,

I have a few questions about the SVG features:

1. Does RageTools SVG converter create a unity mesh that represents the SVG?
    2. Can the SVG be converted into a Texture2D ?
    3. I would like to load the SVG file via a web service during game play, is this possible? if yes, what is the performance on Mobile?
    5. Is it possible to access the individual elements of the imported SVG ? For example, if I want to change the color, line stroke, width, etc.

Edit: I found an open source project called unitySVG. They don't support these features.

• Animation
    • Text
    • Fonts
    • ICC color profiles
    • Bindings
    • Compound documents
    • CSS
    • foreignObjects

This leads to the next question:
    4. What SVG features are supported by RageTools SVG importer?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  22. Mark Duffill

Mark Duffill

I've got the latest release and noticed a few issues, I have dropped you an email with a very simple example svg file showing the fault. (letter 'e' doesn't have a hole in it even if Create Holes is selected).

Also I've added a destroy[immediate] children bit of code on Import, otherwise I was ending up with duplicated svg paths each time I did an import.

Otherwise it's looking more promising, I just need to get the xlink:href working with images properly now!

Thanks

23. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Actually it generates RageSplines. RageSplines keep the original vector data intact, generating meshes whenever the user needs to update it - either in editor time or in a regular interval or fired by an external component/event like we do with our other components like Edgetune and Magnet.

If you have Unity Pro you can capture a camera's image into a texture using a simple component. That's not included by default, all our features are Unity-free compatible.

Yes, and it depends on the complexity of the SVG. Simpler ones are generated in a fraction of a second on any modern mobile device. The fact that the data itself (file size) is much lighter than that of any bitmap equivalent - especially on high resolution - must also be taken into account.

Definitely. Each separate path becomes an individual RageSpline. Bulk operations are carried on by the "RageGroup" component of RageTools.

Please read our documentation PDF (free download on freakow.com/ragetools.html), there's a section in the bottom detailing the SVG compatibility.

I've been focusing on the new rigging tutorials so in the last few weeks support response time has been subpar, my apologies. I did get this e-mail so you should get a reply early next week. Meanwhile, check our SVG-In Tips video tutorial (on youtube) to see if you're not missing something in terms of having duplicate overlapping points or some other anomaly which's breaking the 'create holes' functionality.

24. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hey guys, after long last the first part of our "Advanced Rigging Tutorial" is now up! In the first part you'll see all about bitmap image preparation and proper export to Unity: http://youtu.be/9OMCYFTZ6V0

The second part will be live on Monday and a new video will be released every day after that -
    five in total!. I feel safe to say that it's the most detailed 2D character rigging tutorial ever done for Unity, covering everything from the atlas image creation up to the actual animation creation and GUI buttons creation part. It shows RageGroup, Edgetune, Pivotools, RageText, RageIK and CanvasAlign in action, plus a couple macros. The complete end-to-end show really, no secrets held - so make sure to not miss it! :)

25. TheDagger

TheDagger

Hi,

I've been experimenting with RageTools and I'm liking it so far. However, when I tried to build for windows store using Unity 4.2, the build failed. I got the following error: "The type or namespace name 'ArrayList' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" Also similar errors regarding XmlNode popped up. To my understanding these classes are not supported in the limited subset of .NET class library in windows rt/wp8.

Are there any plans on making RageTools compatible with windows store? Or is the build problem somewhere on my side?

26. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi TheDagger. Please file a bug report, these are too basic functionalities for Unity to not support it - it's probably a temporary limitation. Meanwhile you can try applying the steps required for Flash deploy compatibility (please check the docs) and see if it works around the issue.

27. meta87

meta87

Awesome first vid! Looking forward to watching the others, thanks for spending the time :)

28. stawberry

stawberry

Can I make things like health bar with this? First person style heath bar or rts style ones that follow units, for 3D games.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  29. TheDagger

TheDagger

The problem here is that Unity uses WinRT instead of Mono for Windows Store apps and WinRT contains only a subset of the .NET base class library. ArrayList is one example of a class that does not exist in WinRT. (Unity manual has a short list of classes/methods that do not work with windows store: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/windowsstore-wack.html). I think that the only possibility is to refactor existing code to use classes that are supported both in WinRT and the Mono version that Unity uses for the other platforms. For some cases this could require quite a bit of work and I wouldn't be surprised if some people decide to ignore windows store and WP8, especially considering their current adoption rates.

There are some good news though. I refactored RageSpline.cs such that 'private ArrayList overLappingVerts' is changed to private 'List<int> overLappingVerts;' and then I replaced all 'new ArrayList();' expressions with 'new List<int>();' This is a small change and can be done in less than a minute. After that RageSpline started working nicely on Windows store apps. Hurray!

There is still the problem regarding XmlNode. (I think that with WinRT one is supposed to use classes in System.Xml.Linq). As you suggested, I tried apply the steps for Flash deployment as the problematic code seemed to be in those parts of code that are ignored for flash. I did a quick hack by changing all '#if !UNITY_FLASH' occurences to '#if !UNITY_METRO' and I had do remove RageFarseer and Hotween but after those changes I managed to compile and run the edgetoon zoom demo. Furthermore, I ran the Windows App Certification Kit on the compiled demo and one of my own small game prototypes using RageSpline and they both passed.

Ok, enough rambling for now. The bottom line is that with some small changes it is possible to get a good portion of the excellent RageTools working in Windows store apps in case some one else is also experimenting with Windows store.

30. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

@TheDagger

Very nice work and thanks for explaining how you made the changes. Would be great if RageTools officially supports all platforms that Unity supports.

31. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Glad you're enjoying it meta87, second part (Setting up cutout shapes) now live ;) http://youtu.be/bB_aXjcA9KI

Definitely, you can assign the RageSplines to a given render layer to make sure it's always rendered on top of everything else and prevent clipping issues with other 3D meshes.

Thanks a lot for the detailed rundown on the changes you did TheDagger, part of it it's pretty easy to do so it will probably be included in the next release.

Rocki, bear in mind that the Rage suite of products supports the widest range of Unity platforms of all available 3rd party high-end components, most developers didn't even try to support Adobe Flash. A number of those components don't even care to support Unity 3.5 anymore. Yet, as you're probably aware of, hopping onto any new platform Unity decides to (usually partially) support is not always a good idea when it introduces complexity to the code, breaks backwards compatibility, delays the development of actual new features and - even worse - may end up with Unity simply dropping support on that platform. We have really limited resources compared to them, so it's a tricky balancing act - but be sure that we're always interested on extending platform support as much as possible.

32. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Advanced 2D Rigging Tutorial - Part 3 now live, showing how to set up Pivots and Hierarchy of the cutout shapes plus the FK + Constraint setup.

http://youtu.be/UlaG4B67BSc

33. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

34. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Second to last video in this rigging tutorial odyssey now up - showing the complete animation process and everything you ever wanted to know about the animation window :)

http://youtu.be/A_fgWcybqQY

35. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

And the final video of the advanced rigging tutorial is now live - how to set up vector text, styles, buttons and the GUI to play your animations. Phew, mission accomplished - enjoy! :) http://youtu.be/HB1kl8_Z2SA

36. Santtu-S

Santtu-S

Hmm, after using the whole ragesuite for awhile now, I gotta say I'm a little disappointed, maybe even to a point where I regret buying the thing. I'm using latest version from the private ftp.

Ragesuite components have lots of bugs in them, but when all those components works, it's nice, but still requires kind of "black magic" workflow to get things done. The performance is nice though, even on mobiles.

On to those bugs. I still don't know if these bugs are due to me using 4.2 and ragesuite might not support it well - don't know, nobody has said that Unity 4.2 is not supported.

RageGroup sometimes blows up. When I open Unity or recompile scripts, suddenly RageGroup throws null pointer exceptions out of nowhere, it worked fine few minutes ago. I managed to hotfix it by adding "List[0] != null" to the conditional chains in RageGroups.cs lines 25 and 29.

Weird positioning bug when using svg-in. When I draw stuff AROUND the 0,0 point in inkscape and import it to Unity, positions of the shapes are sometimes messed up (totally randomly, sometimes works, sometimes don't). I've managed to fix this by automatically going through all of the svg files and aligning them related to left top of the page. It seems to fix most of these problems.

Weird path import failures. When I draw shapes and import them, sometimes the shapes are all messed up. Going back and editing them (slightly moving control points, removing and readding the shape, etc) sometimes removes the errors, this is totally random and no errors are being thrown. And I convert EVERYTHING to path before importing them.

I got the impression that svg-in supports circles, never managed to import one though, always have to go the path route to get them right.

Edgetune antialiasing blows up. If creating shapes that are tiny (and in general moving in below 100 unit size), edge tune messes up antialiasing when zooming in either with perspective z or ortho size. Fixed this by making the objects (in inkscape) bigger.

RageMagnet colliders don't contain the points. I don't know if the in/out points should be visible if gizmos are visible on magnets but they should if they are affected as well, but if sometimes the (let's say) capsule collider shape contains the control point, it just doesn't show up when setting rest position. If I exaggerate the size then they work, but the collider visuals LIE.

Last but not least: duplicating objects with magnets and animations make me a sad panda. This is the most annoying problem of them all. If I duplicate animated/rigged/etc ragespline/-group/-magnet object, animations just don't work. Running the game and checking the (presumably) debug lines of the shape they animate fine, the mesh just don't update according to the animation. I managed to fix this by manually updating EVERY RageSpline object in the duplicated hierarchy via RefreshMesh in Update. Don't know what the performance implication of this are, but I know it can't be good.

That's all of them I could remember. RageSuite and it's components are cool, perform well and enable You to do awesome things WHEN they work. Even most of those bugs mentioned above, I managed to hotfix by myself so the problem is not that big. That being said, I bought the RageSuite because I thought it would work as advertised and not requiring constant care by fixing bugs, I could actually concentrate making the game, not fixing someone else's code :(

37. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Santtu. The workflow is clearly described in the docs and videos, what's obscure in your opinion? We're always trying to improve the intuitiveness of our interfaces. Also, we've never claimed to be bug-free, there's no such thing except on the simplest pieces of code - which's definitely not our case. That said, there's not a single release where we don't fix a number of bugs, and you might have noticed that for some releases now we've been focusing on stability rather than feature-bloating the package.

There have been a couple reports related specifically to 4.2 but I couldn't get to it yet, for now it's all tested in 3.5 and 4.1. A new version will be out soon fixing any compatibility issues related to the new version. We're not alone on that too, certain inner 4.2 changes have broken compatibility or generated random errors with some packages.

I never got such an error reported. I'll check it out, thanks.

From your description this seems related to SVG-In not refreshing properly after import. I haven't noticed this behavior in 4.1, yet while we don't pinpoint and fix the issue, right-clicking any RageSpline and selecting "Refresh All Splines" should work this out.

SVG-In does support circles, Inkscape unfortunately creates a set of connected arcs instead. Arcs aren't supported, as described in the docs.

Small scales are always a problem due to Unity's precision, there's little we can do to fix this side-effect with the current way things are set up. The cache mode (still on alpha) does work this out. Problem with the new system is that completely breaks backwards compatibility, we're testing ways to minimize this.

Unity is a 3D program, and capsule colliders have a circular profile, just make sure your capsure contains your points in the perspective view. The flat-ortho view is deceptive for this type of collider indeed - but you have to agree that there's nothing we can do about it :)

After duplicating the object hierarchy you need to 'set rest position' for all groups (one magnet per group is enough), there's even a macro for that. We're fully aware that RageMagnet has lots of room for improvement and expect it to take full advantage of the cache mode in a forthcoming release.

I honestly think you're being unfair here. Although we're forced to play catchup with the Unity codebase changes - something quite hard to do with our limited resources - all features do work as advertised, I never had anyone claim otherwise and that's for a reason. Rare is the package with as many features as we have, still providing the full source code to users. When we focus on making and releasing a complete (and highly requested) tutorial series like we did during the last few weeks, our maintenance and support speed drastically slows down. It's just the nature of things when you're a small developer trying to survive while providing some unique and helpful tools for your users.

Now, if all you want is a refund you just had to ask, I'll be glad to comply. Just send me an e-mail with your purchase info. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  38. Santtu-S

Santtu-S

I know nothing can ever be completely "bug-free", I just thought that Rage* products don't have that many bugs - there are so little threads/posts about bugs in these products I got the impression they are REALLY stable. Bugs that people have reported were more visual or editor based annoyances rather than actual show stoppers.

But anyhow, by "black magic" I was more referring to the bugs I mentioned, but of course there could be easier way to make magnets/controllers and the overall structure. But You mentioned in a mail that You already have some macros to make these things easier.

One thing could be that svg-in would replace the same named groups, that we it would be easier to reimport svg if something has changed. Ie. the svg in wouldnt create duplicate shapes/groups/etc (maybe as an option?).

Yes, I too have an - unsuccessful - extension made for Unity which broke always when Unity was updated. It is frustrating... I was just asking this because I though that most if not all errors could be caused by Unity version. I updated to Unity 4.2 and the next day bought RageSuite, so You didn't have so much time to react to Unity 4.2 being released.

Thanks, I'll try the next time this occurs.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I have read the docs back to front but had no idea inkscape output circles as arcs.

Ok thanks for the info, read about the cache mode and it sounds like a sweet addition.

:) Ok, didn't even cross my mind that this could be the case - noted!

I have already tested the "Set rest position" to all magnets, tried to disable them before copying and so on, but nothing would work or have any effect on this issue. Only manually updating the mesh seems to work.

Sorry if that sounded like offensive statement, but having banged my head to the wall about 4 days for not being able to copy animated shapes, I feel like RageTools isn't the "Best animation suite for Unity/ever" ;) If I buy a product from the asset store (especially one that isn't beta) I will of course assume it works, but having to encounter bugs all the time isn't reassuring. And of course I know that when You are a small developer You don't have resources for answering every rude customer like myself, but same goes the other way around : I don't have resources for fixing other people's products I buy.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about asking for refund. However RageSuite is still awesome toolset when it works, I really don't know at the time that is there a competing solution for my needs. Raster graphics toolsets like 2dtk and uni2d are all well and good, but they don't suit my needs for this game.

Even if I sounded negative, it doesn't change the fact that I really like RageSuite and it's tools. I have only encountered some bugs that were REALLY frustrating. And I have no problems with Your support or something like that, every email has been replied in timely manner and so on, no issues like that.

PS. I remembered one other bug (might be related to RageGroup being broken sometimes), but if I have tweaked stuff in RageGroup and/or Edgetune, if I hit "Reset" the shape does not in fact reset to it's original state. I managed to make it work at one point, but now it seems it won't reset the shape. I tried disabling RageGroup and/or Edgetune before/after the reset to no avail.

39. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

All good Santtu, this week we'll be hunting down bugs and try to squish them as quickly as possible. Like I said, thanks for the reports, although far from perfection we still believe we got the best toolset for 2D animation in Unity - if we didn't we wouldn't have shown the end-to-end animation production process in video and shared it publicly, there's no "black magic" there, it's simply me using the tool. And it works, with no custom DLLs or non-Unity workflows. As for the bugs, we'll keep fixing them like I said, be sure of that.

40. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Do you have a RageSpline license and have been missing the full power of RageTools and RageTools Pro? That's your chance to upgrade to the full RageSuite package for only $75! Promo valid until August 31, don't miss out:

http://www.freakow.com/stepup.html

41. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

Hello! I bought RageSuite expecially for its SVG importer, at the moment is the feature i need most. But, when i follow the simply tutorial with the mushroom,it doesnt work. The object doesnt become a 2d image, no changes at all. I tried this also in a new project.. Could youplease help me?

42. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Kaemalux. SVG-In doesn't generate 2D images, it imports the SVG file as true vector date, displayed through one or more RageSplines.

If that's what you're trying to do, could you please list the steps you're following so I can trace where's your problem? If you prefer, send an e-mail to contact@freakow.com, support is faster through e-mail. Thanks!

43. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

RageSuite 1.1.3 beta now live on the private FTP. Multiple minor issues with Unity 4.2.x were fixed plus some key bugfixes in SVG-In and Pivotools. I've got some reports of NGUI resulting in some "Action" errors when mixing RageSuite and NGUI. It's always tricky to handle every conceivable conflict with other packages, but I've added a possible fix for that. If you guys have any further issues please report ASAP.

RageSpline 1.6.3
    - Fixed multiple warning messages in Unity 4.2.x
    - RageFarseer 'Fixed Update' setting now works properly

RageTools 1.1.5.1 Release Notes
    - SVG-In: Some null reference import error fixes
    - Pivotools: Freeze rotation/scale command auto-adjust antialiasing on all shapes

44. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Thinking of getting Rage Suite. Looks amazing :D

I was just wondering, will Rage Tools allow to me to make an SVG file, for example a character with separate parts for the eyes,nose,nose,mouth,face,body,arms,legs hands etc., and to import it directly into Unity?
    And once there I'll be able to animate directly from Unity's Animation editor? I.e Animations for walking,running,jumping,attacking etc.

Also, it is possible to change colours of parts of my characters SVG, for example, if I wanted to allow the player the ability to change their characters hair colour or something?

45. p6r

p6r

Ragespline doens't work anymore in Unty 3.5.7 ?????
    All my old projects are impossible to open now !?!

6R

46. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Thanks Jack. And it's "yes" for all your questions :) The next Unity 4.3 will make it even easier with the revamped animation track editor, much superior (as in "immediate") editing speeds, possibility to use the new mecanim anim system, cut-copy-paste of keyframes, etc. List goes on and on. Oh, by all means don't miss checking our latest video tutorials, it shows most of what you're asking about in an actual production workflow:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA3E67958104B5E25

Just not true p6r, especially considering I've exported the latest version *from* Unity 3.5.7 :)
    So, are you talking about the new version provided in the RageSuite FTP, or are you getting it from the Asset Store?

47. p6r

p6r

It's from Asset store...
    When I'm trying to download Ragespline (only), Unity crashes !?!

6R

48. Jack62Lewis

Jack62Lewis

Cool. Another question.

As opposed to just changing the colour of parts of my SVG, is it possible to change the shape? For example, if I had more than one type of mouth that the player could choose from for their character, how would I allow a cycle though a selection of different shapes on my SVG? Could I potentially show/hide different mouth layers as simple to solution to this?

Thanks

49. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hey p6r, does this happen with other assets in the Asset Store? In any case I can send you the latest installer, just drop me an e-mail.

Sure, you can do that with RageTools Pro's "RageSprite" component. Check the current workflow in this video (about 3:15 mark). It'll be even easier after Unity 4.3 is out.

50. p6r

p6r

e-mail sent.
    Thanks for your help.

6R