Search Unity

Ragdoll issues

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Stixxeh, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Stixxeh

Stixxeh

Hey guys- Created a simple mannequin style character in Max, rigged and bought into unity. After some research I used to Ragdoll wizard and it seemed to do a decent enough job.

My problem is that I now want to tweak and adjust the limb limits (twist/swing etc) and I'm really struggling. With no visual guide to help, I'm struggling to refine the limits I want and just wanted to know if anyone knows a better way of dealing with this? Right now I'm blindly changing numbers and getting messy results (inverting knee etc).

My other issue is that because my ragdoll is a mannequin style char made up of simple separate objects, the ragdoll keeps pulling them apart causing floating limbs etc which obviously I don't want.

I'm new to Unity 4 but I remember creating the exact same type of ragdoll back in Unity 1 and I found it really simple (joint limits had visual guides for a start!) so it's pretty infuriating that Unity 4 is now causing me such grief. Any help would be great, can add screenshots etc if needed. Thanks!

2. Ewanuk

Ewanuk