Search Unity

Ragdoll bizarre bug - Unity 5.2

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kasulogamestudio, Sep 16, 2015.

1. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Hello all,
    We have a very bizarre bug that started in updating from 5.1 to 5.2 (PRO version)
    I will explain and I hope someone can help me with this =)
    - I have characters that I configured with the Ragdoll wizard. All works fine (were)
    - When I am playing, I can just enable "isKinematic" from my rigidbody with joints (configured with the ragdoll) to not use the ragdoll and then I disable "isKinematic" to make it work with the ragdoll effect. So far so good
    - Since my last update, 5.2, now looks like the ragdoll "resets" the position after I disabled the "isKinematic" ONLY when I look away and look back with the camera (it is even harder to explain). So I made a video, below:

So, this happens all the time, over and over, with any character that has ragdoll configured oO
    These characters has:
    Capsule Collider
    Navmesh Agent
    Rigidbody
    My scripts

It was working good before 5.2 ... after the update this started (there are other bugs, but this is the worst one).
    - This is not my script, I already checked it, nothing is calling the ragdoll / rigidbody again
    - If I keep the Scene View open, and I can SEE the character in the SCENE VIEW, the problem DOES NOT happen. ONLY when I can't see the character in Scene AND Game view.
    Anybody? XD

Kreshi and mattis89 like this.
  2. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

3. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

whoa that is super interesting! :D Have you tried it with the 5.2 patch that came out today?? The first one on the list is in Japanese, the second one is in English :) I'm really curious about this!

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

4. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Hey @holliebuckets
    I downloaded the patch on your link (5.2.0 p1) and it did work, thank you =)
    I need to make more tests in other maps, but that map works now. It was (it still is) super interesting, because we did not make any changes before this happens. Anyway, do you have any clue why this happened?
    Cheers

holliebuckets likes this.
  5. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

I don't. :( I'm so sorry. Not knowing not fun, but at the very least you know it wasn't you! :)

6. id0

id0

This stupid bug appear for me now in 5.6. They broke ABSOLUTLEY EVERYTHING in this version! :mad:

mattis89 likes this.
  7. Soumya

Soumya

I have his issue in 5.6 too.

mattis89 likes this.
  8. Irondust

Irondust

I have this bug tto. When can we expect a fix?

mattis89 likes this.
  9. mattis89

mattis89

ooh maan! Im glad other facing this problem too.. to be honest.. because I tought I was the only one...It really sucks!! Im kinda mad now when I updated to this stupid 5.6 yesterday .. tought it would fix some Character importing issues with Iclone.. but it didnt... Actually made everything just worse... Snelle danske unity, när kommer fixn? Fix please? ....

I know they do their best but it´s quite expensive so this kinda bugs should exist.. and not import bugs either.. from other applications even more expensiver.....

thanks anyway for trying... o_O:rolleyes::oops::(

10. mattis89

mattis89

shouldn´t exist LOL *

11. Irondust

Irondust

I found a temporary solution in my game, instead of deactivating animator to start the ragdoll, I am destroying animator component and the bug disappears. Hope it heps anyone

Kreshi likes this.
  12. Irondust

Irondust

I found a temporary solution in my game, instead of deactivating animator to start the ragdoll, I am destroying animator component and the bug disappears. Hope it heps anyone

Kreshi and id0 like this.
  13. mattis89

mattis89

cool.. im gonna try... so many issues with 5.6 :( if it´s destroyed dosent it cause problem when spawning the enemy again?

14. Kreshi

Kreshi

another solution is to set the cullingmode of the animator to alwaysanimate when you start your ragdoll

15. mattis89

mattis89

the ragdoll issue is gone for me now.. dont know what happend..

16. Lefty_Studios6815

Lefty_Studios6815

Thanks Guys for all the help!