Search Unity

Radio PRO - MP3 and OGG-streaming solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stefan-Laubenberger, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Please see this post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/radio-pro-mp3-and-ogg-streaming-solution.334604/page-6#post-5611069

The good news: we're working on native bridges for Android and iOS and hope that we can get it running in the background on all devices. It's quite a lot of work and we can't give you an ETA. Hopefully it's ready in the next few months.

Cheers
    Stefan

2. Dragantium

Dragantium

Thanks for the prompt response, unfortunately I don't have months to present the app, but if you have any tutorial on how to correct the unity player activity and compile from android studio (maybe my mistake is there) or you have any beta file to test it, I would appreciate it.

3. Dragantium

Dragantium

Another thing that left me doubting, in the Radio Pro documentation, in the method to run in the background (New way) you put as "optional" to configure the AndroidManifest.xml. What would that modification be?

4. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hello again

We never claimed Radio works on mobiles in the background. This is not possible with Unity and would require to write a native service (which is not easy and quickly done - as I said, we're working on a solution but there is no public version available).
    However, the current "hack" works on some Android devices, e.g. the Pixel 4a and on iOS.

The part with "optional" in the README is meant that you should add your own manisfest-settings if you have any.

If you are in a hurry and need "real" playback in the background, you would unfortunately have to either write your own service or develop directly in Android Studio as a native app,
    Since our asset seems no fit for your needs, we offer a refund. Please send us your invoice via email.

Cheers
    Stefan

5. Dragantium

Dragantium

I understand perfectly, I prefer to wait until you develop a solution to this issue, however long it takes. Radio pro is a good asset anyway and I will explore possible solutions on my own. I do not request a refund. Thanks

Stefan-Laubenberger likes this.
  6. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

Hello, is Radionomy still available, if not, what can clients use to upload their podcasts? If spotify from where can the spotify url link be found that we should paste in the inspector? Thanks

7. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

Hello, is Radionomy still available, if not, what can clients use to upload their podcasts? If Spotify from where can the spotify url link be found that we should paste in the inspector? Thanks

8. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Radionomy is now Shoutcast (https://shoutcast.com/) and works more or less the same as before.
    Afaik, you can use it for podcasts and use the link in Radio.
    Spotify is only supported outside of Unity (= opening the current played song in Spotify).

I hope this helps you further.

Cheers
    Stefan

9. zenasprime

zenasprime

I've tried several streams but I get the same error every time...

No more data to read after 0:00! Please restart this station or choose another one.

Unity 2022.1.21f1

10. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Have you made sure that the stream format is either MP3 or OGG? You can verify it e.g. with VLC.
    Otherwise, please post some urls that didn't work so I can take a look at it.

Cheers
    Stefan

11. zenasprime

zenasprime

12. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hello again

Unfortunately, most streams from SomaFM create some problems for our MP3 decoder under non-Windows. Only 12 stations are working flawlessly:
    upload_2022-11-10_0-30-31.png

However, on average more than 99% of all MP3 stations are working under Windows and around 90% on all other platforms.

You can use M3U and PLS in the providers (e.g. RadioProviderURL) but those two file from the links are missing the M3U-tags. Anyway, we will update it in the next version and make it less picky for non-standard M3Us.
    You could also extract the stations from the M3U-files and use them:
    http://radio.zenasprime.net:8000/stream
    http://ice.bassdrive.net:80/stream

Cheers
    Stefan

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  13. zenasprime

zenasprime

Okay so just bad luck at the test URLs I was picking.

and thanks for the clarification on M3U and PLS URLs.

I can work with this.

:)

Stefan-Laubenberger likes this.
  14. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Our latest beta has an improved M3U-parser - the links you posted are working. ;)
    If you wanna give it a try, send us your invoice to our email.

Cheers
    Stefan

15. zenasprime

zenasprime

Thanks! :)

I'm still in early development so it's no rush if you are going to push those changes for a future Update through Package Manager.

16. Nicolas_Castro

Nicolas_Castro

Hello, I would like to know what the process is like to make it compatible with android, or run on Android and know what the process is. Thank you :)

17. Nicolas_Castro

Nicolas_Castro

If you can help me with a step by step I would really appreciate it, thanks anyway :)

18. Florin05

Florin05

Hello, I purchased this asset, I joined the two scenes, the list and the radio station where I can add to the list of favorites. When I call the .AddToProvider command that adds a new radio station to the list of favorites, it does not appear in the list of radios until I reload the scene. What can i do?

19. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

I think you have to refresh your list of radio stations.
    The station itself is certainly added to the provider but not displayed in the ui.

Cheers
    Stefan

20. bobAZ2019

bobAZ2019

Stefan, i purchased this about 5 yrs ago. just got a chance to play with it.
    my question... if i have mp3 on the web server, can i use Radio Pro to play the mp3?
    i have the latest version 2023.2.1.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  21. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

It will most likely work, but it's intended for streams and not for files.
    Therefore, I simply advertise our solution for files: DJ PRO ;)

Cheers
    Stefan

22. meganfang1101

meganfang1101

You could also use some third-party music converters such as DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, TunesFun Spotify Music Converter, or TunesSolo Spotify Music Converter to download sound to your pc.

23. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Those tools are nice and all, but I would use them with caution, since you basically "abuse" subscription based music solutions by "stealing" their songs.
    I would recommend buying the MP3s from official stores, here is a list of some:
    https://www.makeuseof.com/best-places-to-buy-music-online/

However, just a reminder: NEVER EVER include copyright protected audio (and other assets) in your Unity projects and deliver them to a mass audience or you will get screwed by legal ramifications.

Cheers
    Stefan

24. ChloeBrooke

ChloeBrooke

Hi, there. If you have Spotify premium account, you can download Spotify songs in Spotify directly and stream them offline in Spotify. If you don't have, then you can find some Spotify songs converters online, like Spotify Music Unlocker. You can choose the Spotify songs in Spotify Web Player and convert them to MP3, so you don't need the Spotify url links to download songs.

25. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Hi!

first of all, thank you for this great asset!
    Really easy to use and absolutely reliable, well done!

I bought it few days ago and the integration in our project was really easy to complete.

But now I'm starting to have hundreds of doubts for possible legal issues. Indeed, can I integrate in a commercial product a receiver which transmits protected material (songs with royalities) without a specific license to distribute music?

Thank you in advance.

26. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi!
    Please see the previous post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/radio-pro-mp3-and-ogg-streaming-solution.334604/page-6#post-6636085

We never heard from a customer getting into legal troubles because of Radio.

27. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

We've just released version 2024.1.2 of Radio.
    Main changes:
    • Support for Unity Cloud Build improved
    • Updated to Common 2024.1.1