Search Unity

Radiant Escape - Prototype 3.0

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Seraphim, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim

Ah.. Spring. Love is in the air, flowers are blooming, pollen is killing people’s will to live.
    It is such a magical time.

We have a new prototype ready to meet you. It’s loved you before it was even born. Hopefully you and it will become something special, something real. Not some Hollywood “oh you killed my husband but lets get back together anyways” type stuff. REAL love.

Gameplay Trailer:

This one is the real thing. Yes, levels are still short, but it’s about the gameplay! Pulse works, lights turn off, you can double-jump, you actually RESPAWN when you FALL, and a bunch of other ‘tings.

Check it out here:
    Prototype 3.0

Controls: WASD to move, Mouse to look, Space to Jump, Space again to Double-jump.
    Goal: Get to the elevator at the end of the level.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated for this build.

What's Next

Next, we’re gonna be revising the game visually. We need to define how the game looks, and this starts with dynamic set pieces (it sort of gets old using the same blocks over and over). This also means Fara will be making her debut soon as well.

Gameplay-wise, we will be adding such features as wall-running, wall-jumping and sliding. The most important near-future addition, however, will be obstacles. If you think of that show “Wipeout”, you’ll have a good idea of the kind of things we will have in the game. Players need a challenge, right? I haven’t yet fully documented how Flux will make his appearance, but I know you’ll be throwing him about and piloting him to activate switches and such.

Thanks for checking it out!
    Seraphim

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. PolyMad

PolyMad

*anxiety*

3. Patyrn

Patyrn

Pretty fun. I find the movement physics to be a little off for my tastes. Perhaps a bit too floaty and too much aircontrol. I fell off platforms I'd have no problem staying on in HL or UT or whatever.

4. Artimese

Artimese

I must say, quite an amazing game. Amazing concept especially. Reminds me of the old max payne games with the black background and red blood lines (quite creepy if you ask me) Keep it up, keep it flowing!

5. Seraphim

Seraphim

Yeah, we're trying to pinpoint the "perfect controls" in regards to air control. We'll keep working on it till it is spot on. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Thanks Artimese. The initial levels (what you guys played) were intended to be a foreshadowing/tutorial or training to the real game, hence the black and white. The real game will be colorful (or at least, accented, like Tron). Someone else said "MadWorld", and I like both of your suggestions.

6. Muzzn

Muzzn

Loved it. Shame I was hopeless.

7. rumblemonkey

rumblemonkey

Played through it. I liked the look, and most of the gameplay is very cool. A few crits:

1. It's hard to judge when your collider's aligned with objects. I'd make it just a wee bit larger.
    2. I really hate the bit just before the end of each level, where instead of a nice solid ramp it has those drops. It's almost perfectly designed not to cause the character to get stuck.
    3. I'd really think about revising the angle requirement upwards for movement, so that characters don't get caught on so much of the level geometry.

8. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Incredibly awsome in my opinion

9. HolBol

HolBol

It's good! Only 3 levels though- but it was great to play.

10. impheris

impheris

was fun :p

11. Seraphim

Seraphim

Thanks for the feedback guys. We have a trailer for those uninitiated (also updating top post):

1. We are going to have a first-person biped for the final game, this should resolve most of those problems.
    2. Pre-elevator design is being worked on. Thanks for your input, we'll definitely use it!
    3. It's a problem with our mesh collider/physics materials. We whipped up something quick just to get the prototype out. I ensure that we will do our best to alleviate these problems from now on.

Thanks again to everyone, we'll post more soon!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  12. Artimese

Artimese

I played it again because it was so awesome.