Search Unity

RadiAI - New painless AI for almost any Unity game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by radiantboy, May 17, 2019.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

What is it?

RadiAI
    is a new AI system for Unity developers. If you are tired of overly expensive, complex and dysfunctional AI systems, this could be the asset for you. It has been designed with ultimate simplicity in mind, you drop a single script on a rigged mecanim character, set a couple of parameters and that's it, smart, reliable AI integrated into your game in under 2 minutes!

Where did it come from?

RadiAI
    started life as a personal project for my own game, but has recently matured into something I want to put on the store to bring life into other peoples projects too! My aim is to make something easier, more reliable and cheaper than almost any AI asset on the store - I've bought and played with almost all of them for years, and given up on them all for various reasons. Simplicity is achieved by using one single script, which reliably drives NPCs around your world without the nightmares of other assets, where the AI behave badly or simply give up.

How does it work?

There are no behaviour trees here, RadiAI is entirely statemachine based. It includes full source code so that you can tweak the states, or even add new ones. But in time I hope to add new states to updates in the future, based on feedback from the community. In short it is a simple, robust AI system, not necessarily as complex as some of the others which use behaviour trees etc, but should get the job done for most kinds of games. A simple debug system shows exactly what states the AI has been through and what it's doing, so you can easily debug your AI if something behaves unexpectedly. This is something I found sorely lacking in most AI assets, nearly all of which left me struggling to debug a black box with no clues. No need to pray that your AI will move, hunt and wander anymore, RadiAI works reliably, and it is clear what your NPC is doing at any time.

What kind of games does it support?

Use it on almost ANY kind of game, with zero hassle and gorgeously simply integration!.. Currently it is the main AI in my UFPS1 game Genocide Dolphins but I am planning on developing any kind of integrations you need. For the most part this will usually just be 1 or 2 lines of code in order to set up giving/receiving damage, the rest should work out of the box.

When is it out?
    (& can I see some screenshots/demo/videos?)

COMING SOON....
    I appreciate that there are no screenshots, videos or further information at this time, but I just wanted to get the word out and see if anyone is interested as early as possible. In the next few days I will be preparing some marketing material to show off the system including screenshots, web demos videos and documentation.

Stay tuned, working, cheap AI will be in the palm of your hand.

Oh and finally, what will it cost ?

RadiAI
    will cost 20US, but during the initial beta phase I will charge 10US, and now my question you :)

Is this something you would be interested in?

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  2. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

This sounds interesting!

If it works without Navmesh for procedural randomized Worlds (by using raycasting or something else depending on Colliders), that would be great.

Some target Settings with Flee or Follow behaviour would be great.
    Maybe some fraction Setting, too or some carnivore / hermivore behaviour :)

For movement some Obstacle and hole avoidance…

I am in for a test if you want to:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/bio...-free-and-gimme-feedback.509243/#post-4531642

In my 3D randomized game I still have Problems with NPC / Monster / Animal AI. I just want the simple stuff not very clever pathfinding…

Thanks.

radiantboy likes this.
  3. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

Sounds good, I'm always interested in anything that saves time and headaches (and 20US is very cheap!).

radiantboy likes this.
  4. kdgalla

kdgalla

So what does the character actually do when you attach the script. Can you describe the AI behaviors that are possible?

radiantboy likes this.