Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

► Racing Game Template ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stephen_O, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Pixelnovo

Pixelnovo

Hello, does it have split screen multiplayer?

Stephen_O likes this.
  2. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Hello.

No, it does not have split screen multiplayer.

I'm considering adding that feature to the remake, if I do I doubt it will be in the initial version.. so it would be some time away.

3. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

I've made a few recent updates for AI & Player Cars with Procedural IK Animated Avatar Drivers.

Version 1.7.6 is now available - new avatar setup process along with the written and video tutorials for Realistic Car Controller.

• Added menu command to import RCC support package; Tools/TurnTheGameOn/IK Driver/Import/RCC Support
    • Added RCC avatar prefab for quicker setup.
    • Added RCC AvatarSettings profiles for quicker setup.

Version 1.7.7 submitted - new Xbox One Controller for Windows 10 setup process with written and video tutorials.

• Added AvatarSettings profiles preconfigured for a Windows 10 Xbox One Controller.
    • Added VehicleController prefabs preconfigured for a Windows 10 Xbox One Controller.
    • Added camera target to player vehicle prefab to improve camera orientation options.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  4. Hmtooo

Hmtooo

please send demo APK for last version

5. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

I've made a final developer log to show the remake progress and talk about some of the recent work I've done and still plan to do before the initial version is released.

Spoiler:
    I'm in the final stages of building a traffic system using the AI & Player Cars with Procedural Animated IK Drivers asset..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Longpapez likes this.
  6. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Since my last video log where I previewed the open-world-like city-with-traffic scene, I made the decision to include it in the AI and Player Cars package as an open world playable scene and completed the traffic light system. In fact, moving forward all racing game focused updates will also be included in this package as well. The purpose is to make AI and Player Cars a complete and powerful package instead of breaking everything up into separate packages/products.

It's 99.9% ready, I'm doing final edits now. Traffic documentation and tutorials will be made after it's submitted.

The optimizations also went well, I have about 100 AI traffic vehicles driving around the city with the player car at 60fps with an Intel i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40 GHz and Nvidia 1080 graphics card.

This new traffic system might be submitted today.. more details will be in the change log notes.

7. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

The new traffic system has been submitted to AI & Player Cars with Procedural IK Animated Avatar Drivers .

AI & Player Cars with Procedural IK Animated Avatar Drivers
    Version 1.7.9

Major new feature additions:

• Point to point route based AI, link routes together at endpoints to create almost any type of road network.
    • Traffic lights can control when a car can exit a route.
    • Traffic light managers to sequence and time traffic lights.
    • AI cars will not ram each other, instead they can now attempt to slow down until stopping when detecting a car in front of it if the speed is controllable.

New tutorials and documentation for the traffic system are on the way.

A new demo scene was added with a player spawner - drive around the city with traffic and let me know what you think! In some cases this landscape may also be useful for creating your own small games by replacing the buildings and textures.

Details for most updates in the change log (some minor changes may not have been tracked):

• Added Traffic Light system to control route points at intersections.
    • Added an open-world-like City Traffic Demo scene.
    • Improved AI route logic with a "simple option" so that the pathfinding methods are much more performance friendly.
    • Improved AI route logic so that when the final waypoint is reached the vehicle will automatically proceed to the new route point if it's assigned through OnReachWaypointSettings.
    • Changed AI Waypoint OnReachWaypointSettings NewRoutePoint to an array, this allows for multiple possible route points to be assigned and a random point will be used for a new route when the final waypoint is reached.
    • Changed AI vehicle Rigidbody Interpolate setting to Interpolate - this removes vehicle jitters as it travels along it's route.
    • Added AI Waypoint inspector support for multi-object editing.
    • Fixed a bug where NitroOff would be called on Start and sometimes cause an error.
    • Added autoCautionDistanceThreshold to AISettings, this allows the AI vehicle to automatically apply caution as needed to avoid hitting a slower moving or stopped vehicle in the path.
    • Removed close route option - this feature was unnecessarily redundant after making changes to allow new route points to be set when the vehicle reached any waypoint. assign waypoint 1 as the new route point for the last waypoint to create a closed loop route.

chrisk likes this.
  8. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Hi Everyone,

Moving forward, I've made the decision to release all future racing updates (version 2.0) directly into the AI & Player Cars with Procedural IK Animated Avatar Drivers (Arcade Racer) package instead of creating a new asset - this will allow me to release newly developed content in the most modular way, and as it becomes ready instead of waiting until a complete project is finished

I will be posting all future content updates in the Arcade Racer Forum instead of here. Please use Arcade Racer as the early beta; racing systems and features coming online soon. Everyone should already have access to this asset, direct any feature requests, feedback and questions to that thread.

If you have a question about Racing Game Template, please continue to use this thread.

Thank you,
    Stephen

chrisk likes this.
  9. payalzariya07

payalzariya07

I am Removing Multiplayer in this assets. What I can do?

Please Help me to Removing multiple.

10. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

You can simply disable the menu buttons and not setup Unity Multiplayer Services to not use multiplayer - the service is off by default. The code itself can not be removed as it's part of the template.

From my previous post:

Unity 2019.1 no longer supports Unity Networking (UNET). Because of this, the current version of the template is only supported in Unity 2018.4 LTS or earlier. A remake is in development to be used with Unity 2019.1.

I changed the Unity version target to not include 2019.1 - this should prevent 2019 users from trying to import the package, but I'm not sure if it actually works.

11. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Hello again,

This weekend the new version of Arcade Racer v1.8 will be submitted for review; once it's accepted the Racing Game Template will be deprecated and removed from the store.

Here's a preview of the new beta version 0.3 of the Standalone Game Template from Arcade Racer: Racing Game Development Kit:

At this point, Arcade Racer has the framework required to create the same type of racing games as Racing Game Template (quick races and open world, with more features coming soon); but Arcade Racer is much more modular, optimized and feature rich - making it more robust and easier to work with.

-

I know there were a lot of people asking about the beta, well, it's here.. come and try it, provide some feedback and let me know what you're thinking about using it to make!

Arcade Racer Discussion Forum: https://forum.unity.com/threads/arcade-racer-racing-game-development-kit.380924/

12. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if the dozen or so people that were constantly asking about the remake over this past year know it exists, stopped working with Unity, or were just trolling me...

Throughout its development the completion was constantly brought up; I was called a crap developer because a free and complete remake was not happening fast enough.. and asked dozens of times when it would be ready (often times by the same individuals through this forum and email weekly).

I'm genuinely shocked that almost none of these inquirers have given any feedback since its release, and have all seemed to disappear - everyone has the upgrade for free!

As a solo developer/publisher who spent thousands of hours over the years working to make everyone happy and give you what you expected and requested, with free updates at that, this makes me a little sad that the most vocal have not made a peep since it was made available.

I Just wanted to follow up with those most vocal people who were constantly poking me.. it would be nice to hear what you think now that the work is available.

I don't make much on the asset store, almost nothing actually, especially compared to the thousands of hours put in for R&D - I'm far from being close to earning a minimum wage through sales. This was a passion project for me. Based on my experiences here, I don't know that I will continue down this road much longer. It's very hard to work passionately for almost free, see dozens of pirates send me email support requests, and have people trolling me or other forum users about my development work not being done yet.

To the true supporters, thank you for being genuine and all feedback you have given - it will surely help me in my future projects. This remake was for you. I appreciate your support.

Thank you,
    Stephen

13. bimo58

bimo58

i have got an error
    upload_2022-6-24_13-23-26.png
    how to fix it?
    upload_2022-6-24_13-24-23.png
    please help

14. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

15. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Holy cow! How did I miss this? I had a game developed in the Racing Game Template, but I filed it away and haven't been following this thread. Is there a path to update my existing game to Arcade Racer? Can I still get the upgrade?

16. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Yes, the free upgrade is still available! Just log in to the store, and go to the page to get it.