Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi mates,
    Because of EID, I was off to visit parents at other town and just back.

Will reply all your mails today..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

3. dev1791

dev1791

I'm not talking about the graphics effect. I meant, the car speed increases once you get close behind another car.

4. s7ent

s7ent

Yusuf, are we still on schedule for mobile ready scenes this week?

Also, please let me know the best way to reach you and receive a response other than the forums.

5. Asgard01_UA

Asgard01_UA

Hi again :)
    Is it possible to make the car drift better?
    As in the MW or Mafia 2.
    Of course I understand that it will not be as good, but still hotlos that would RGK was Drift.
    My vide

and video)

6. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

This works beautifully!!! Thanks Yusuf you are awesome :D:D:D:mrgreen:

7. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

In Yusuf's defence, I have to say sure there are a couple of bugs (as with all software), but overall the quality is good. Also, Yusuf responds quickly to any questions we have as you can see in this thread.

The issues you have stated are more to do with your developers not RGK. You cannot say RGK is crap and advise everyone not to buy it if you personally have not worked on the source yourself - it's an invalid opinion.

Also you've just stated that your devs weren't competent, yet you're taking their argument that RGK is flawed. Hint: they are making excuses! The wedding excuse should have been a BIG clue.

I highly recommend you do your due diligence on your devs in future.

To everyone else, I am a dev who currently works on this and I say: DO BUY IT :p

8. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Nice one thanks bro, I just set:

public GameObject MySelectedCar;
    RaceManagerStaticData.SelectedCar = MySelectedCar;

in the previous screen and it works great!:D

Edit: Also I needed to add in the game object _MainScreenConnection to the main racing screen for the selected car to be used by RacingManager.

9. tr1stan

tr1stan

Hi Yusuf, the package is a brilliant work. I plan to create a racing game like NFS: Hot Pursuit with it, so I'm wondering if the package offers the following two features:
    1. A chasing and evading AI behaviour, the AI opponent may play aggressively by trying to crash your car.
    2. A realistic physics system that can simulate hit, smash and crash on opponent's cars.

10. XL Games

XL Games

Hello Yusf,
    I found this from google and have to say, this is amazing product! It is impossible for me to create this kind of complicated stuff. Going to purchase for my next project today. But I'm not sure which version. Is it required to purchase source version for publish games?

TIA

11. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

After I watch some NFS videos I understand what u meant. This can be doable with current version with increasing engine power a bit and lowering aerodynamic friction too. Only you need to find how far to behind the vehicle front of you. A simple solution can made with additional collider (as trigger) front of your car for determining this distance.

Hi, yes hopefully, I'm waiting designers work for new mobile scene tomorrow ..
    Hi mate, drift itself is a subject i work with it. Main problem is traction and slip calculations made in same thread. I've to seperate them for better calculation of traction. But its quite work... With current version I cant provide this functionality yet.

Hi mate, thank you for kind words!
    About the AI behaviors, I created the AI for race only. Smashing the opponent something different then my idea. I'm adding that to feature list but not sure when I can provide that. I've to focus some other features first.

Hi XL, thanks man!
    No, you dont have to purchase for publishing games. You can go with indie or pro version too. Source version suggested for only if you going to change race mechanics.

Cheers ya'all!

12. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thank you very much mate. Your support gladly appreciated! And I'm eager to see your work~!

Cheers!

13. dev1791

dev1791

Hi,
    I was wondering, how to incorporate auto throttle for rgk.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  14. s7ent

s7ent

Yusuf, please provide an update on the mobile ready scenes which you said would be prepared last week, as well as a general road map for RGK and the features you're working on.

Also you are not on Skype, and I purchased the package that includes Skype support.

15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi A,
    I'll post the script that makes autothrottle. Actually its easy. Consider like another script that determines if brake input activate or not. If its not active, this script will send throttle pressed message to engine.

You've sources as I remember. Check out the C2 mobile race controls (not free drive) you'll see the how to throttle handled.

Anyway, I'll post updated one.

16. dev1791

dev1791

Thanks, I got it.
    But post it anyways.

17. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi JP,
    We discussed about it but i wanted to write here too, so peps might misunderstood as I dont reply you. ;)

Mobile demo sneak preview
    [removed, check next post]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  18. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi All,
    Mobile demo and new update is finished and I'm about to release new package...

This update contains several fixes and mobile optimizations. As example, this demo works solid 60fps on Nexus7 with RGKCar, ProAI and Basic AI on same track.

Also new version will have auto-acceleration, tilt steer and new TouchDrive options. Finally I'm finishing up the UnityCar-TouchDrive integration tonight.

New demo screenshots (old demo was out of vertex limit i wanted to have so made new one)
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417551965016824.1073741826.155609781211045&type=1

Besides this, Also considering about Upgrade project itself to v4 after this release. That means new packages (not assemblies) will be only works with v4 and later. What do you think about this? How many of you still using v3.5.x?

19. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Better mobile optimized version and new mobile demo released!

Hello everyone, I'm proud to announce that new RGK update shipped and its ready to download! With this update, RGK has better mobile support, many fixes and improvements. You can read all changes from Release Notes. I also created new demo! You can download them from My Downloads on RGK Store...

Free Version Updated too!

Hurray! Its been a while for free version release and it wasn't show current product quality. With this update I also updated free version. You can download and test it on your mobile device!

Important about the Unity v4.x upgrade

Because Unity v4 faster and better, I'm planning to drop v3.5.x support and release only v4.x compatibility for future updates. Do you have ongoing RGK project with Unity v3.5x? Your feedback is important for this decision. Please give me 2 seconds, click here and click your answer.

20. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Yusuf it so nice to see some progress here !
    i really dont get that heavy on your Kit , but here i have question !
    does your kit simulates Angry Overtaking , cool Overtaking and Specially "DRIFTING" ?!

21. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi mate, thank you!
    Drifting is not available yet.
    About overtaking ; ProAI have overtaking ability based decisions. It tries overtake when it faster then front car and if here's enough space for overtaking.
    Also overtaking depends a setting called "Driving Type" if this setting set as "Aggressive" he always tries overtake but this also cause some crashes if he cant.

Check the demo at http://www.unityracingkit.com/demos/mobilecity/
    Black cars are ProAI, yellows are Basic AI.

22. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Is the documentation updated for the new mobile version? Also I'm having a tough time finding the download for the new mobile version.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  23. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Yusuf,

great job but did you checked the mobile release on an IOS product (iPhone 5 or iPad)?
    It seems not because the control of drive direction is not possible. The car drive permanently in the left direction!
    It dosen't matter which scripts are enabled or disabled RGKMobileSteer(ingWheel, Left and Right).

Also it dosen't matter if the mouse emulation enabled or disabled.

Same result the steerage of the car is not possible.

Please help me soon.

Grüsse

Vili

24. amit.r007

amit.r007

Hi Yusuf,

I downloaded the Preview version of Kit yesterday.

When I started the game the car is continuously going towards left with no effect of Horizontal keys.

I tried it on Android, but still the same. No effect of Tilting.

Can you please help regarding this Issue.

Regards,
    Amit.

25. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Its coming mate, updating the docs.

Hi Guyz,
    Vili, my test environment is iPhone 4 with iOs 6.1.3 and flame tablet 4.1.2. Also have Nexus7 testes with friend.

The missing thing at your tests us "Use XAxis" checkbox is checked or not. Here the reason;
    On I Phone, when you use landscape, obviously iPhone doesn't rotate accelerator axises for rotation. Instead of Y Axis, you need to use X axis to receive tilt data. So you need to use Use XAxis Checked.

But in nexus and flame tables, accelerator also rotates so you don't have to rotate axis. In this scenario you don't need to rotate axis, so leave Use XAxis property unchecked.

Also on tests with some other tables, there are some weird behavior as when you tilt left it steer right. Strangely this happened Nexus4. Anyway, I added new property as "Invert Axis" that helps you to fix that. I'm about to finalize packages for new deployment.

26. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Also I forgot to mention above but I cant edit my post...
    Anyway, you can use only one steering method same time. So you can use accelerator or touch.

For enabling Use X Axis please find the RGKCar-Human Prefab under "Racing Game Kit Demo/Prefabs", When it selected you'll see some C2 controlers already assigned. C2 Mobile Race is only for mobile device. And you can find Use X Axis under this control

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  27. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Yusuf,

it's working well with Use XAxis property .

But I have an additional topic for you.

If I try to implement Unity20_HumanMobileController according your manual then
    I receive every time an error like "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Can you do me a favour?
    Can you create a manual step by step how I should implement UnityCar2.2 Pro? (like for stupid users)
    Please please.

Grüsse

Vili

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  28. iKronos

iKronos

Is it possible to continue the discussion directly via Email? (I have the pro package)

Grüsse

Vili

29. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure we can, please send me your questions to yusufakdag[a t] gmail.com

30. iKronos

iKronos

thanks

31. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Again,
    New Update v1.1.525 Released with a small feature for C2 Mobile controls. Invert Axis property added for some scenarios. Also fixed Circuit race start position that was causing weird standing behaviour and unexpected wrong turn indicator...

32. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Latest sources synced with GitHub right now.

33. kilik128

kilik128

Same here i have implement UnityCar2.2 Pro but and i need know what's do for mobile touch

update i have another bug in rgk this time always on touch control when i push throttle and steerright
    at same time it's active Brake bouton is very space

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  34. huxley

huxley

Same here, I just tried the demo trial project from your website and none of the touch buttons are functioning. They do recognize input, as I can see them activate in the inspector, I guess they are not hooked up correctly. I read over your docs, but honestly there are too many step to just get the tutorial fixed.

Would really like to see this working in a simplified fashion. Maybe if you would sell less versions of your package and just focus on one that worked more bug-free more developers would be interested in using your kit.

35. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi, the demo package is ready to go mobile and all buttons are working. . Only thing you need to activate "Mobile Controller" Click the "RGKCar- Human" prefab under "Racing Game Kit Demo/Prefabs" folder and disable the RGKCar_C2_Human then enable "RGKCar_C2_Mobile_Race" controller'.. Thats all. Its already in readme file.

About the bug free; there's no bug free code. Always there's bug and if you catch, kindly report it back and i'll fix it :)

But besides that, indeed there's lack of documentation. I rewrote some functions in touchdrive and its coming with free-non rgk version too.

PS ; About the kliks problem, since he's my customer, i solved his problems via skype.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  36. mattSydney

mattSydney

hi Yusuf

I have bought the indie version and decided to use my own engine and drive system. I wonder if there is a way to manually call resetcar via a method call or something like resetCar(Transform myCar). If it gets stuck somewhere

fanks

37. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi matt,
    Yes, there's but its private I'll make it public with next update (which is coming tonight or tomorrow morning)

Cheers.

38. mattSydney

mattSydney

Awesome thank you. Just a quick question what class is the method in please.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  39. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

Nearly perfect. the only thing what i am missing is some kind of feedback/effects. for example some particles when the car is hitting another car or sliding against a guardrail. have a look at VS racing 2 for iOS. they made a good job there

40. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Kevin, new DamageFX have this feature... Check out the demo

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  41. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Click to read web version of newsletter

New Update, New Components!

We're proud to announce that new update of Racing Game Kit shipped and its ready to download! Also providing better gaming experience to your players, we developed TouchDrive Pro, mobile touch input component.And for visual and audio assistance of crash time, DamageFX is available too!

Development of Racing Game Kit continues. In this update, we provide some more functionality in RGKCar Engine. Also some optimizations and new properties available for BasicAI and ProAI. You can read all changes from Release Notes page.

TouchDrive Pro is a enhanced version of existing TouchDrive, that provides more options like templates configurable positions and easy access driving features.
    TouchDrive Pro does not requires RGK. You can implement this any vehicle code! Also will be available on Asset Store soon!

More Info

You want to add crash sounds, visualize damage of your vehicles and also want to detach damaged body parts, but don't know how to do? That is easy now. DamageFX provides all of this functionality for you!.

DamageFX does not requires RGK. You can use on any object! Also will be available on Asset Store soon!

More Info

And cheering up new update and new addons, here your %10 Discount (written the image above)... Hurry up, it's available until October 31th ! Order Your Copy Now!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  42. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

ah, wow, just found it and wanted to post that you can ignore my post and then you already answered. perfect. thanks :)

43. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Matt,
    C2MobileRace component have ResetAtPosition method, you can reach it with "getcomponent" then call it ;)

44. bizilux1

bizilux1

hello,

i've also sent support email

can we get trial PC version? i could only download mobile version?

45. uv

uv

Hi , I bought the pro version. Works great ! Have a super request ! Master Server Multiplayer please !!!!

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Man! Your AIs are so hard! That's how I like racing AIs : Hard and aggressive!
    I have seen a good improvement here...

47. huxley

huxley

Thanks Yusuf, with your suggestions I had touch demo up and running immediately.

I tested the demo on 2 android devices, HTC one (22FPS avgerage) and Asus Transformer V1 (45 FPS average)

I did encounter one bug on my phone, when I activated touch steering, during a right turn the brake is also activated. Maybe the collision areas of these two buttons overlay on smaller devices. This did not occur on the larger tablet screen.

I would like to ask, if I purchase the pro version with source, is it possible to save these control settings (touch steer, accel steer) and player car attributes (engine power, top speed, turn radius) from a main menu, then have these setting loaded during the race scene?

Thanks for your continued support of the kit.

48. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Huxley,
    Indeed this demo optimized for iphone4 so when you have smaller res screens this buttons can overlap.

Any version of RGK allows you change player car attributes on fly. in screen or previous screen. if you check the demo, RGKCar_Human prefab have RGKCar_Setup component on it. You can change anything before race start.

One thing tho, before to race start, you had to assign your player prefab to racemanager before race start. This can be doable with small script (I already wrote a sample, can send you)

About the steering type, auto throttle etc, this can be done with checkboxes on mobile controller. With TouchDrive Pro its even easier by switching control template.

Cheers

49. bobo70

bobo70

I downloaded the free version to see how it works but cannot import it as thee is no .unitypackage file. only folders are but no .unitypackage. Please any help appreciated

50. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

It is unity project itself, since its required to create some tags, inputs and layers, i provided that as project to avoid mistakes.

After extract, open unity and clik open project then show the extract folder. Thats it.