Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. nukeD

nukeD

Buried on the fourth page?... bump :p

Yosuf, what's up with earthFX and damageFX?

cheers!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey Yusuf,

I found a couple of issues:
    1 One of the features on the Race Camera doesn't appear to work

Fix : RGKCamera LockFPSTo property handles O now. If value is O locking will be disabled.

When I set it to 0, and then change the camera settings, they will still always revert back to default settings.

2 With the unity car, when I press C to change the camera, I get an error:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object RacingGameKit.Race_Camer.()"

I remember I had to pull over the _CameraTarget object from one of the RGK cars. Did I need to associate that object directly back to the Unity car some other way?

3. dev1791

dev1791

Has the handling improved in v1.1?
    The car handling is very bad,unrealistic in the preview version.
    The car under steers everywhere and when you push, it just spins out.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  4. dev1791

dev1791

Will you be adding pit stops in the future?

5. nukeD

nukeD

I'm really looking forward to the evolution of RGKcar, since i have Eddy's, but i dont like (and never purchased) UnityCar...

... and something tells me that RGKcar might become the best car physics in the AssetStore.

6. dev1791

dev1791

Is rgk compatible with mobile devices? Because when I run the demo scene in the preview version, on my galaxy s2 -
    I get only 4 fps
    I cannot control the vehicle.

Please reply, as I will only buy the pro version if rgk works properly with mobile devices.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  7. dennis1980

dennis1980

have a problem with the activation. had a pc crash new instalation, does not authorize possible!

8. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Yusuf is out of town this week, he should be back in a few days to get you guys support.

9. newlife

newlife

Hello Eyehawk,
    why did you need the unity package? in order to use UnityCar in your project you just need to copy the content of UnityCarScripts folder to the scripts folder of your project. UnityCar project is big (400MB), most of which are vehicle and track examples that you dont need to use UnityCar functionalities

10. newlife

newlife

UnityCar tire model is based on real world values, so if you think that grip is "very slidy" you are probably used to a very arcade behaviour

11. s7ent

s7ent

The scenes that come with RGK are not optimized for mobile. Too much eye candy and too many triangles. They barely work on older PC's and almost do not work at all with lower end netbooks. Yusuf said he was going to create scenes optimized for mobile, but that was a long time ago.

12. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Newlife,
    I had a bunch of compatibility issues trying to integrate UC with RGK, which was why I wanted to check with Yusef if not having a package would be an issue. It probably wasn't anything to do with that in the end
    E

13. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusuf,
    Have you had a chance to check out a couple of possible bugs?
    E

14. dennis1980

dennis1980

hi, have a problem with the RGKCAR_C2_GamePad Freedrive, brake function does not work

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Dennis,
    Can you clearify, is this steering wheel logitech or some other or vehicle steering? Also I already reset and sent you a mail but i dont know u received, Have you solved your activation issue?

Hey man,
    After some rushy weeks lately i finally have time to work with RGK. It is going to release in upcoming week.
    Cheers ;)

Hey there,
    1 - Can you apply settings to prefab itself too? It might possible to unity get settings from prefab back. I had that in 4.1 before on earthfx, when i made any change, when i start game it revert original values as in prefab. After chaning some values, press "apply" button top of the inspector.

2- The camera error caused by camera locations. If you investigate a Rocco car, you'll see _CameraLocations objects and its childs that positioned to camera locations. RGKCamera seeks this objects and childs for determining camera positions. Can you confirm this object created?

Also Camera section in manual may help you about this locations.

Hi Dev,
    Yes preview version indeed very old, havent find enough time to update it. But since 1.1 i've very serious handling improvements. I'll try update demos in this weekend and you cant test them yourself ;)

Also yes pitstop and multiplewaypints under development.

Thanks man, I've some bugs with RGKCar cant solved yet. But I'm also planning seperate RGKCar from RGK package for addtional asset for non rgk users. ;)

Dev, demo scenes have zero optimizations about mobiles.Specially preview version itself not. Thats why you've that low fps.

Indeed mate, many of users complaning about not optimized demos. I need to rework all demos for sure. Will start with this again very soon. Had some rushy weeks lately.

16. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Dennis,
    I'm glad u solved activation thing.
    About brake function; I assume you created a joystick input right? In example; for throttle and brake you have to create an input (like ThrottleJoystick) and assign that to Controls Brake Axis Binding property of gamepad controller. Also as input property, you should select "Type: Joystick Axis, Axis: Y"
    as the handling vertical movement. does throttle works properly?

17. dennis1980

dennis1980

Yusuf hi thanks for your help, input Throttle works, no brake functiones

it is a gamepad a Saitek Rumble 2500

$unbenanntphssf.jpg

$unbenannt2aistv.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  18. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Dennis,
    Can you mail me your "inputmanager.asset" file from projectsettings folder? I'll test it out with my gamepad (logitech rumblepad 2) to determinate what is the problem.
    i believe its a configuration issue at your inputs.

19. dennis1980

dennis1980

have sent a pm with link to the file, thanks for the help

20. dev1791

dev1791

Hey Yusuf, are you going to release a scene optimized for mobile?

21. dev1791

dev1791

Once we buy a particular version of RGK (Pro), is it possible to upgrade to Pro with source?

22. s7ent

s7ent

Yusuf, please give us some tentative completion dates for these fixes and updates.

A number of us have purchased the Pro and Source packages and haven't received any e-mail responses.
    I've requested for mobile ready scenes, since almost none of them work on client PC's, but I haven't received any confirmation or update on this matter.

Thank you

23. s7ent

s7ent

I believe this is true. You might need to double check with him.

24. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Yes mate, it is possible to upgrade the source version. Just contact me when you needed.

25. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi there,
    What you mean haven't received any mail responses? After purchase, system send your links and also if you purchased source I personally send a github message. Didn't you receive any? can you tell me your username at RGK Store to check?

About mobile ready scenes, i'm waiting the artist works complete new demos.

But, what fix you're talking about a first place? Did I miss a bug report from you?

26. mokko6

mokko6

My specific question was regarding demo scenes with lower polygon counts so that they can run on older PC's. I'll send a follow up e-mail. Thanks.

27. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Thanks Man! The camera locations fixed that problem :D

The other problem to do with the camera reset was because I didn't turn off Enable Start up Camera. Once that was unchecked, my default camera angle worked

28. dennis1980

dennis1980

Hi have a problem again. get this error message,

$unbenanntcruvp.jpg

29. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

HI man,
    seems like this is unitycar related. can you describe what are you trying to do?
    Also can you contact me over skype? I think there's something missing at there. And it would faster to solve it.
    Cheers

30. dennis1980

dennis1980

I sent them my skype data via pm

31. ultraviol3nt

ultraviol3nt

This is.... bloody brilliant. I love you :D

32. indy2005

indy2005

Hi,

I have downloaded the free version to take a look, and when opening DEMO MAIN I get compiler errors that the Shader wants tangents but the mesh doesnt have them? Also, does this work with Unity Free? I ask because there is another message stating video playback is only possible in Unity Pro?

Regards

i

33. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey Yusuf,
    After incorporating teh Unity Car 2.0, I'm having trouble getting the smoke and skidmarks to work. It works ok, if I already have the Car game object there, and I attach the skidmarks game object to it. However with RGK, it instantiates a new car at the start of the scene, and I can't seem to get the skids to appear?

34. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

We bought this kit a week before the new update, he assured us "new changes" would be in the new version. When it came it out was nothing but bugs and i had to pay my programmers for weeks just to fix the issues. I told him I can't afford his Kit anymore to please refund my money because it did NOT do what it said at all. He then never emailed me back again. I spend 250 bucks on this plugin, and 1500 on paying my guys for 2 weeks to fix this crap. Then he says he has a wedding in July and i never ever hear back from him again.

DONT DOWNLOAD unless you want to be out your hard earned money.

35. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello there,
    I'm sorry to bring this subject to here. Obviously mailing between us and my explanations didn't enough for you.
    The new version provided many new functionality and bug fixes as mentioned here (http://www.unityracingkit.com/index.php/support/releasenotes/) if you ever check. Besides that, your issues was on the controllers was fixed and sent as the "source codes". Not you or even your programmers never checked the sources I sent over github as to send to all my customers.

Besides this codes, I answered every mail from your programmers also wrote a code samples. Also I offered my help on your project to solve your issues, you just had to send me your project to check the problems with it. I'm not judging knowledge of your programmers, but simply they failed to create a game with all this samples, docs and even with provided sources. And there, you're blaming my product after 3 months.

With exactly same package, goodXgames company started a serious kickstarter project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesolargames/the-solar-games) on yesterday and with only one coder. Besides that there are KnightRider Fan Game project is under development exactly same package you had. Also most known developer RedDotGames created an awesome tailor made f1 race with same package you had. Here another example as mobile usage (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icloudzone.SpeedNight2) from iCloudzone. And finally RiftSurfVR (http://www.riftsurf.com/) developing his hardware based simulation exactly same package you have.

The knowledge in the package, working hours and many other tools i provided with it, i believe 250 "bucks" is even cheaper the any other package you can have.

As I told you I cannot refund in this point but also I allowed to you to transfer your purchase for one time only and after you inform me i'll disable your account from github and site.

Also thanks for bringing this to public for damaging my business. I kindly requesting removal the message above.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  36. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi D,
    As you know instantiated object cant gold scene references. But unitycar requires skidmark object referance. I wrote a small script for this earlier. Will send you that.

37. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi i,
    Free version is quite old actually. Shader warnings are caused by procedurally generated meshes. They're just warning you can ignore that.
    Also yes I forgot free version cant use render2texture. you can remove the MovieTexturePlayer.cs script from _Racing game kit Demo/Scripts folder and also you can remove the big TV Screen. And you'll fine..

Cheers.

38. dixitalgorismi

dixitalgorismi

Hi Yusuf, bought the indie version and have a small problem with waypoints. There are 35 of them and progress, distance etc. are calculated correct. Even turnover of the lap from 1 to 2 tec. works. What makes me nuts is that when i hit the last waypoint in the circuit I get the message "wrong direction". Soon after that I hit the first waypoint again and the message vanishes. Waypoints are on surface, rotated correctly and finish point is set to start point (it's a circuit). I'm using the latest version of indie, bought yesterday. Do you have any idea?

Many thanks

39. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi,
    can you check the very last waypoints (35 i assume) rotation. Is it rotated against to first one?
    Probably this one is not rotated correct and its forward against the 34th wp.

Let me know if it solves.

40. dixitalgorismi

dixitalgorismi

Just checked every waypoint. Their orientation is all the same, pointing with their "blue" z-axis into the driving direction. This is correct I suppose? Anything else i could try?

EDIT: Furthermore, when I drive from start into the wrong direction, I get the wrong direction message (expected), but when I go on for 1-2 waypoints, the progress meter jumps to "just before" the end of the first lap. So there's really something wrong. I thought they WP system will prevent such behavior?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  41. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

can you send me a screenshot of your track when final waypoint selected? yusufakdag[a t]gmail.com

42. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Thanks Man! :p

43. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey Yusuf,
    Is there a way that I can pass a parameter to the _RaceManager Game Object to pick a particular car in a racing scene with out RGK Pro with Source? I have pro, but most scripts are dlls, so I don't seem to be able to pass parameters to Human Racer Prefab.

Is there a work around or will I need to upgrade to Pro with Source?

44. Asgard01_UA

Asgard01_UA

Hey Yusuf, there Racing Game Kit v1.1.460.0517 free version?

45. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

About the second part, I allowed to go human racers drive backward with displaying wrong way icon on screen but i didnt reset the player car for providing more elasticity to developers. Some used this option for restarting level, and few used timer based disqualification like if player drive 3 seconds backwards, will loose the game. So you can pick your way to do with small script.

I'm checking progress meter issue, not sure if I understand that. Btw, check your mail ;)

46. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

There you go mate, Attach this script to your unitycar vehicles and type the skidmark name to 'MySkidmarkName" property. With this script you also have ability to define different kind skidmarks for each vehicle.

Attached Files:

47. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure there is. Actually I did same thing with demo scenes, remember the picka vehicle on demo scene then start race? You can ceck "RaceManagerStaticDataManager.cs" file for more details but here ;

Code (csharp):
    2. void Awake()
    3.     {
    4.         RaceManagerObject = GameObject.Find("_RaceManager"); //Where you find the game object
    5.         if (RaceManagerObject == null)
    6.         { Debug.Log("Cant find RaceManager"); }
    7.         else
    8.         {
    9.             oRaceManager = RaceManagerObject.GetComponent<Race_Manager>(); //Reach the component
    10.             if (RaceManagerStaticData.SelectedCar != null)
    11.             {
    12.                 oRaceManager.HumanRacerPrefab = RaceManagerStaticData.SelectedCar; //Set the car
    13.             }
    14.         }
    15.     }
    As you can see "oRaceManager.HumanRacerPrefab" property can be used like this.

48. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Asgard, updated demo will be released in this month.

49. Asgard01_UA

Asgard01_UA

thank you very much! When I have finished testing the beta version on a smartphone, I'll buy RGK

50. dev1791

dev1791

Hi,
    Can you please add slipstream in the future?