Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. derkoi

derkoi

Any ETA on the update Yusuf? :)

2. MANISH KUMAR

MANISH KUMAR

hi ,
    Your Racing kit more enhance , if the waypoint variable given is in public , without protection level.
    you use a lot of raycast for avoidance and detection , just obstacle avoidance use a Distance around a spherical , which is more optimized and performance increase ....
    I have a steering API by own , and in their api no use of any raycast.....
    and works fine.

If the individual cars waypoint given mean publically than we use a two way racing game , not a single road game.
    may be you modify your racingkit.....

I am thinking about this , so i give my thought to you...

Thanks for this.

3. MANISH KUMAR

MANISH KUMAR

If user want than waypoint added dynamically than individual car tracks that points..

Full controlling of code in programmers hand.
    because i am passing this problem.
    \

4. MANISH KUMAR

MANISH KUMAR

I solve this point by two way sub car moving , tricks is different...
    also nice working......

5. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello mates,
    I've been away for business, lemme try answer your questions one by one.

About twice spawn, if your RaceManager> AiSPawnMode property selected as random, Race Manager adds that AIs few times.
    Please change ;
    AiSpawnOrder : Order
    AiSpawnMode: OneTimeEach

values to solve that.

About the Reset functinon, I've to test this function again based your input. It should not change the distance by design. Only thing, can you confirm your LAST waypoint rotated to start waypoint? (blue axis to first waypoint)

Does your boat continues to move when stuck to mesh? Like is his speed more then 1 Km/h?

Just seen your mail but wanted to answer from here. I'll reply the mail with above too.

Hi Vic,
    The examples in RGK made for win or mac builds that they support dynamic fonts.
    But for mobile you cant use dynamic fonts. Thats why this is happening. You can solve that to switch fonts to ansi or other values that not dynamic.
    Infact, the UI in RGK is sample. I already provided UI source in Scripts folder. You can customize your UI as you need too :)

But other error, I'm working on you know. I'll let you know via skype.

Release is very close, most likely this weekend. I've just finished new licensing system and reorganizing demo.
    Just have many changes. I hope I can finish docs too! :|

Hi mate, I'm just checking it. Will send you mail about it.

Thanks for entries. I'm trying optimize day by day.

I'll start multiple waypoint, shortcode and pit lane support right after this update.

Thanks to you to all valuable feedbacks!

6. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Nice one thanks Yusef! :)

7. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Yusuf, can't wait for the update. And multiple waypoints and pit lane support coming up after this one. Really awesome. I also need some help, I can't figure out how to get the hard and soft braking points working. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

8. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes ;)

Hope to see the new update soon.

9. Shigidy

Shigidy

10. derkoi

derkoi

I'm sorry to have to say this as I do like Yusuf think he's trying his best but I think this is getting a little bit ridiculous.

There are issues that mean the races will not complete, these were raised with you a long time ago you said you'd fixed those issues and other issues too that I can't even remember as it's been so long. I've had to shelve my game whilst I wait for the fixes which you said will be available in the new update with all the other features.

I understand your time is limited, as is mine I imagine everyone else's who has bought your kit, hence why we chose to purchase your kit, to save the time hassle of doing it ourselves.

The issues preventing the kit from working properly should have been addressed before all the new features were added.

Like I said, i'm not happy about having to say this but I think it's got a little bit ridiculous. Some of us are trying to release a game and rely on that for our income. Not everyone here is playing around with Unity in their spare time as a customer I feel somewhat let down.

11. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

You right Steve,
    This update took longer then I planned... Its my mistake that I wanted to add many features and fixes in one update. And this one is the last update that have many features in it one time. I'm planning weekly or 2 weeks updates depends the feature I'm adding. Of course if updates contains fixes it will be shorter..

Its ready anyway, you're having it tonight..

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  12. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

I remember paying the 250 because the update would be in the next few days... that was over a month ago, but i have faith... just keep us posted Yusuf, long as we know your working on it we are ok. however it was not done "tonight" as the post yesterday said... i will wait!

13. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks for faith man.
    Ken from Unleaded Games (which is my tester) will confirm, we've been preparing release package last two nights and I'm slept like 2 hrs.
    Hit a bug on new controllers that I didn't notice while testing that..

As I said, my mistake was trying to add many stuff in a package... And here (http://pastebin.com/yHy1iGu9 ), you can see whats coming with this update...

Meanwhile, I'm sending final package to him for last checks. Will not sleep without publishing it anyway..

But believe me, I'm really sorry about this delays..

14. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

This I can confirm, I was up with Yusuf till 2:30AM last night and then I passed out for 5 hours and when I woke up he was still working away. Don't know how he does it, but we've been doing a lot of tests to make sure everything goes smooth for this impressive update.

15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Finally!
    Racing Game Kit v1.1.460.0517 Released!

You can read release notes from first page or http://www.unityracingkit.com/index.php/support/releasenotes/ from RGK Website...

There are lots of improvements with this version. Specially if you're using RGKCar for your projects, it is better to upgrade.

Attention!
    PLEASE CREATE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR PROJECTS!

In this version new licensing system introduced. Instead of using email/serial combination, with v1.1 you just need to use your username/password for activation. Your computer will get licensed. All versions uses same package now. (Except free one, its not updated yet!) Your license will activate the features.

Also RKG Website have its forum now. I haven't configured that properly yet. And many text is missing because I haven't found enough time to fill that stuff. But will be done till next weekend.

Also documentation will be done in this weekend. So you may have some questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Finally, EarthFX and DamangeFX is coming soon. I couldn't finish this bad guyz packages.

PS Source Owners : Going to update github Saturday.

Cheers!

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  16. nukeD

nukeD

Yusuf, you're the MAN, man! Thank you for all the effort i too was inpatient as the others, but i knew something great was coming!
    This also gave me time to focus on creating more models and work on the track itself, so everything happens for a reason i guess.
    I hope you didn't burn out, and if you did, just step away for a couple of days.

Thanks again for your work man!

PS: does the manual contain enough changes, so i have to print it again? (actually it was cheapo, around 5 euros)

17. Shigidy

Shigidy

New Update!!!!! Whoo!!! Can't wait to try it out.

18. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks man.
    I haven't updated manual yet. I'll be working on it in this weekend. I'll let you know.

19. uni7y

uni7y

Thanks Yusuf... great update!!

20. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks you mate. :)

21. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Yusuf I'm having trouble licensing the new update. Every time I try, it says can't connect to the activation server. Could you help

Edit: Yusuf helped me out once again. Damn you Capital S....shigidy and Shigidy..... Again thanks for the help.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  22. Bty

Bty

Just started to play around with the free version, but I can't find a good tutorial to use this product in an existing game.

I'll figure it out eventually, but a nice video tutorial would do wonders for starters like me.

23. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

How can i test this on ios. I do not find the ios controler settings and i hope you have a little scene for ios testing too with much less drawcalls ;)

Do this still can be used with unitycar?

24. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Hello Yusuf,

Sounds like you had quite a week last week. Thanks for you effort on this Release. I can't wait to implement it.

I'm patiently waiting for the git repository to be updated with the new source.

I think your original ETA was last saturday. Do you have a new ETA?

25. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Everyone,
    Sorry I couldnt reply your mails and PM's I left to a customer site for a urgent company work and just back to town.
    Will answer your mails ASAP.

26. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Again,
    1.1.460 sources synced on GitHub!

27. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Thanks Yusuf!

Your time and effort is appreciated!

28. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Yusuf,

when can we expect to see new the documentation?

Keep us posted, please.

29. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi man,
    Its almost done, few new pages for new components. I'm expecting finish it tomorrow.

30. omarzonex

omarzonex

please yusuf

give me full packageunity car kit

please any money 10 100$

any money

please

this me email sent YOUR PACKAGE FULL VERSION :
    ray_vrayz@yahoo.com

facebook:
    RAYZONEX

31. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Mates,
    Because of my sleepy head and stupidity combined, I lost 3 days of work on docs. Instead copying to backup i copied from backup and overwrite new to new document... Dammit.

I've Sunday backup and uploaded this one. Unfortunately new components and new tutorials are gone. I'll upload daily changes from now.
    Will let you know what changed every day.

32. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Yusuf,
    reagrding "UnityCar 2.x" the files "UnityCar20_...cs.remove" are not included more in "_Racing Game Kit\Script" folder, right?

This means we have an other solution, which one?

BR

Vili

33. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi man,
    I just checked the package again, indeed i forgot to put them there.
    I'm adding UnityCar scripts to download section.. Let you know again.

PS If you old scripts, they'll continue work as well.

Edit : I added scripts to My Downloads section. You can download this scripts separately after generating new link.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  34. iKronos

iKronos

Thanks for fast feedback and great support.

SU

35. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi all,
    Latest documentation uploaded.

Added Topics
    C2 - Vehicle Controller
    Setting TouchDrive Inputs
    Touch Drive - Mobile Controllers tutorial
    AI Awareness
    Creating Custom Controller

Updated Topics
    Inputs updated
    Basic AI topic updated
    Pro AI topic updated

36. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusuf,
    I recently bought the Unity Car LE 2.1 package to add to RGK.

However, on step 2 (pg 94 of the manual), I remove the ".remove" text from the 3 files, but once Unity compiles it, I get the following error:

Assets/_Racing Game Kit/Scripts/UnityCar20_HumanController.cs(38,29): error CS0115: `UnityCar20_HumanController.GetInput(out float, out float, out float, out float, out float, out bool, out int)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Also for step 6, there appears to be no config file - I searched for all txt files under the Unity Car folder in my assets.

37. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi,
    Well, obviously his versions are quite different.
    Unfortunately, I don't have LE version. If there's a controller script, can you send me for check the input stuff.

Of course the instructions written for UnityCar 2.x (not le) version.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  38. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Oh ok so is only the Unity Car 2.1 Pro asset compatible with RGK?

39. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Just for now ;) but not only 2.1, its 2.x

40. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

ok thanks Yusuf :p
    I might see if I can ask the dev if I can upgrade to Pro

41. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusuf,
    I upgraded to UC Pro, and was able to complete the steps in the manual.

However, I noticed two issues:
    1. With the Unity Car added in, the race would no longer end and show the summary screen as it did with the Rocco human racer, even though I had added the Racer Register component.

2. A number or errors were being thrown in the console:

$errors.png

42. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Man,

1- RaceManger requires human car tagged "Player" if you're using out of box unitycar, its "Car".. Just change ot to "Player" .
    2 - Seems one of your cars have missing _DistancePoint and _CameraTarget points. This names are important because RacerRegister and Camera seeks that names. Can you be sure about them?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  43. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Awesome thanks Yusef! :D

The Unity car now triggers the finish point so the summary will appear at the end of a race, and the car will show up on the progress bar - yay! :)

There is just one last thing - when I hit something, the car stops moving. When I hit throttle, the engine still revs, but it's like it's in neutral. If I hit R though, it will reset the car and it can move again.

I noticed the following errors:

$errors2.png

44. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Can you check the layers please? Is there any IGNORE named layer exists?

45. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

There's no IGNORE layer - at the moment there is:
    TransparentFX
    Ignore Raycast
    Water

I'm using the shortcircuit demo to test.

$layers.png

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  46. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thought so,
    There are some tags required for RGK work properly. They're IGNORE, AI, UI, OBSTACLE

Can you add them please?

Have you imported/copied any asset to project folder from UnityCar?

47. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Ok, I've added the 4 new layers as User Layers.

The car seems to continue to lose traction after a collision.

Yes, I imported the entire UC Pro assets. The slightly unusual thing though, was when I asked the dev, Michele, for the upgrade, he sent me a link to a project but not the unity package. I had to export the contents of the asset from his project myself to reimport into my existing project. Could this have caused some issues?

These are the current errors:

$errors3.png

48. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

I can't comment about Michele's way to distribute package.
    Basically I'm providing some management asset for fastening your work with RGK and this assets documented on manual.
    And Michele also providing some management assets. So, whom assets overwritten last, previous one get lost.

About the traction and sliding issue, have you tweaked any grip settings of UnityCar defaults? Because its out of box settings are very slidy.. Even on handbrake its like skating on a ice...

I'll check the C2 Controller, cant figure out why C2 has that error..

49. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Oh sorry what I meant was the car would stop moving as soon as it collides with something rather than sliding.

Ok thanks for looking into the controller :)

50. dennis1980

dennis1980

hi!, I've bought the rgk, really great!! but my problem is, I get no steering wheel rotation you can help me out

unityunity