Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

I would just modify the torque curve, I don't see a reason to simulate the actual VTEC itself. ;)

2. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sorry guyz, as usual I may miss some messages here.
    Infact, i received post notifications today... I guess board mail stuff have bugged after update.

Anyway,
    @4shm3x, since you're on digital world, and everything is math, you can simulate vtec behaviouors using torque, power and gear data. in real world, the vtech gear stuff had to made with steel. But in our world, just increase first gear to 4.5 and add some more torque.. So you'll have seriously good starting :)

even its not enough you may add some external force to rigidbody ;)

@SNS_Case; good point indeed. Torque, power and some gear settings, i made a wheelie mustang... I wish I've also have blown engine codes too :D

3. matthuston

matthuston

Does RKG work with UnityCar 2.1 and 2.2 or just 2.0?

4. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Matt,
    RGK works any version of UnityCar.
    2.0 and 2.1 and later version controls are different and they're included the package.

5. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

I have been watching this product for quite some time and it looks like it has potential.

Does anyone know if the current version of RGK has DamageFX and EarthFX?

Also does this product still have momentum? It appears that the energy behind this product might be decreasing over time.

I emailed the website and haven't received a response in almost a week?

Can anyone tell me how they feel about their purchase and how the support has been?

6. Shigidy

Shigidy

The support is and has been great. The help and the time that this Yusuf helps you is worth the money alone to me. It's a great product and is only getting better with time. The current version also doesn't have damage or earth fx. I just assume he's been really busy this week. He almost always will get back with you.

7. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello IPopeyIE,
    Thanks for interesting with RGK! I'll answer your question from my view, but I'm glad my customers also leave a comment here :) Specially about support part.

First of all DamageFX and EarthFX is part of upcoming update which currently under development.
    About its momentum and energy question; I'm developing RGK in my off times. Mostly doing this stuff nights. But last month, I decided to quit my daytime job to focus Unity development and RGK improvements. I've lots of ideas for RGK and few other new projects that community needs. Unfortunately my contract will end in July. :/ But till that I'll continue development.

I understand why you're questioning its cycles, I didn't post anything lately and seems dead. You right, probably I've to keep warm this thread about development. But its not that for sure !

And now I've 2 pages of change log about upcoming update... new components, inspectors, controllers, mobile optimizations etc.

I'm having some delays on replies because of business, but currently I don't have unread and waiting reply. Btw I'm having ~100 spam daily (curse of being public i guess) and I'm missing some mails. Anyway, can you resend to yusufakdag[AT]gmail.com?

About the support, I'm trying to help over mail, skype even on TeamViewer if its serious. I'm just trying to make my best. But I'll left this section to my customers :)

Cheers man, thanks for interesting again..

Hi Cody, Thanks for kind words :) Last week was wicked. We'll chat soon about axis stuff. ;)

8. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

As Yusuf said, DamageFX and EarthFX are part of future update.
    Purchase is nice and easy and support is great.
    Actually if you read manual, no support will be needed :)
    I'm using current version of RGK. You can see it here: http://games.websfera.pl/rocco
    It's early demo, but some people called it outstanding :)
    Oh! And product seems to be dead, but believe me - it's alive!!!!

9. emergki

emergki

Hi @IPopeyIE

I bought this product in December/2012 and, the puchase was good and I receive the download link very quickly.

I receipt very good support from Yusuf too and, the user manual allow you to create your game in a very easy way, and, to tell you the truth, the RGK is very easy to use, and, you'll never need the support, but, if you need, you can add Yusuf on the Skype, he are always ready to help you.

I talked with Yusuf some days ago and, he are working on the new updates for the RGK...

Bye!

10. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusef,
    I just bought a copy of RGK Pro, but strangely when I imported the package under the _Racemanager GO, it says "unlicensed copy". How do I register it as licensed?

Also I read in the manual that RGK_HumanController should allow me to customize my controls, but I can't seem to find where I do this from?
    Thanks
    EH

11. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Hi,

Inside Racing Game Kit Menu Item you've got About, and there is possibility to activate RGK.

12. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Fantastic - thank you! I've just activated.

Do you know how I can customize controls? For some reason in the demos, throttle brake don't seem to work for me, and I'm not able to find anything about RGKHumanController in the manual?

13. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks guyz! :)

14. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Use provided with RGK. When you unpack RGK there should be dir with InputManager.asset file. Just copy them to ProjectSetting directory in your project.

15. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

No problem, mate. My pleasure :)

16. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Joe,
    I'm glad you solved license stuff. :) I think I've ta put a' Activate Now" button to Race Manager : )

Have you imported InputManager.assets file to your project?And can you tell me what happens when you try to throttle? There's a known issue about input delay on first start, that takes almost a second to throttle response. This solved in upcoming update...

Here the input names from project input. You' can find this stuff at "Tags Inputs" section in manual.
    Code (csharp):
    2.        ControlsThrottleBinding = "Throttle";
    4.        ControlsBrakeBinding = "Brake";
    6.        ControlsSteeringBinding = "Horizontal";
    8.        ControlsHandbrakeBinding = "Handbrake";
    10.        ControlsShiftUpBinding = "ShiftUp";
    12.        ControlsShiftDownBinding = "ShiftDown";
    14.        ControlsHeadlightsBinding = "Lights";
    16.        ControlsResetBinding = "ResetVehicle";
    Let me know if you need help ;)

17. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusef,
    Thanks yes I was being a bit blind before haha :D

The throttle doesn't appear to work at all in the demo scene, but steering seems to work as I can see the wheels moving.

I did notice with the free version demo that it took about 5-10 seconds before the controls came online.

When I import InputManager.asset (Assets->Import New Asset) to the project, I get an error that says: "You are trying to import an asset which contains a global game manager. This is not allowed". Have I done this correctly?

Is there another script that maps the keys to the particular controls?

18. charlesanjos

charlesanjos

Hello! I'm trying to download the free version of your toolset, but I can't seem to find the link on your website. I click on the download button, left of the slideshow reader, but it only scrolls down to the feature comparsion feature. Help, i'm clueless :)

19. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

20. charlesanjos

charlesanjos

LOL, no I didn't, thanks

21. charlesanjos

charlesanjos

Anyone tried to use toolset on the Car Tutorial asset?

22. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Close your Unity, copy InputManager.Asset and TagManager.asset files to YOURPROJECT\ProjectSettings folder. This will overwrite your inputs.
    No, there's no another component that uses this mapping. I think its doesn't working because you're having lots of errors about the Input problem. :)

23. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

As Eyehawk says, you need to register to store to download free version. But have to tell, Free version is quite old now..

Car tutorial uses Wheel Colliders and I've wheel collider car sample in demo ;)

24. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Aha that did the trick! Thanks for the help Yusef! :D

Is there some way that I can map my own controls?

25. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure there is, you have to use Unity Input Settings Manager.
    Click to Edit > Project Settings > Input

You'll see the all input configurations related the project. :)

26. charlesanjos

charlesanjos

Thanks for the answers Yusuf.

27. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Nice thanks Yusef ;)

28. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

You welcome guyz :)

29. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Thanks Everyone for the feedback!

I'll be buying the package over the weekend.

I'm assuming that DamageFX and EarthFX will be a free update when available?

When will we be able to take advantage of these two additions (roughly)?

30. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Yes both components will be in RGK Pro and RGK Pro Source packages. (Sorry not in indie)
    But not sure. I'm also considering adding this stuff as plugins too..

I just finalized mobile and gamepad controls. Also adding steering wheel support.

I dont want to tell an exact date because don't want to start an expectation. But its really soon.

;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  31. Shigidy

Shigidy

$Untitled.jpg

I'm still inexperienced with Unity.

Scene::setGroupCollisionFlag: invalid params! Groups must be <= 31!
    UnityEngine.Physics:IgnoreLayerCollision(Int32, Int32, Boolean)
    RacingGameKit.Race_Manager:Start()

Edit: fixed, Just needed to add Start point from menu. I had a gameobject. Thanks for the help Yusuf.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  32. MANISH KUMAR

MANISH KUMAR

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    RacingGameKit.Racer_Register.Π()
    RacingGameKit.Racer_Register.Update ()

33. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Manish, Its known issue on build 1204. Upcoming version will solve it.

34. nukeD

nukeD

[OFFTOPIC]
    Meanwhile keep studying the manual, even when you're far away from the computer... as i do!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  35. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

:D Nice one!

36. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusef, how do I configure the speedometer? I had a scan through the manual but I've not been able to find a reference.

37. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi man, It was quite simple, so I didnt create a manual for it.
    Where do you stuck? Mail me your problem ;)

38. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey there, I'm not sure where the speedo is located in the hierarchy?

39. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Since Speedo is a component and only required to shown to player cars, they're on Human Racer prefabs.
    Also I've provided a small script that help you to pass RGKCar RPM and Speed data to Speedometer component. That also should added to player car too. This script can be found under Assets/_Racing Game Kit Demo/Scripts folder

40. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi I found SpeedometerUIVehicleConnector.cs, and this was already added to the human car, but the speedo doesn't seem to move? Was there another script I needed to add?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  41. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

If you're using UnityV4, there's an issue on speedometer with XML Reading stuff. Somehow they messed with xml and it doesn't working anymore. With upcoming update I'm releasing json based configuration file.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  42. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Yeah I'm currently on 4. Ok thanks I'll wait for the next release.

43. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi Yusef, a colleague of mine Dan is contacting you about some potential custom work with RGK we'd like to ask you about. Did you get the email from him?

44. Rachan

Rachan

Awesome!!!

45. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hey Man,
    I received a PM from him and I replied. But No, I haven't a mail yet. :)

46. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Nice one thanks Yusuf :) I'll ask him to check his PMs, but in future I'll get him to email you

47. vasanth

vasanth

Hi
    We Are using v1.0.203.1217 RGK for our boat racing Game. We have already implemented Boat Controller based on the Car Controller as per your suggestion.

Our Game is 3 lapped circuit racing and contains 3 AI Players apart from the Human Player. Now we have 2 bugs in the game and couldn't find/arrive at the solution

1. Sometimes the Same AI Boat appears twice inside the Game. Of the Three AI Boats , two of them appear same. We have maintained an list of 4 AI Boats for the RGK to choose the 3 AI Boats. We couldn't find a solution for this

2. We are using the reset Functionality to reset the Stuck Human Boat/AI Boat. If we reset the Human Player , then the distance remaining resets to the starting .This causes the Human boat to lose the Race as the RGK thinks that the Human is yet to complete.( This happens if we reset during LAP End(Near Last Waypoint of the lap) / Or Near the Spawn Waypoints )

Rarely all the AI Boats Cluster around and get stuck with the Mesh(Obstacle). Reset Never happens

I would also send a mail to you .

Thanks and would like to get this resolved.

Vasanth

48. sewerstyle

sewerstyle

Hi guys.

Sorry for my English skills.

RGK Indie version 1.0.204.1224
    I've got error in XCode just right after scene starting.

For Example unmodified RGK_Park_Short_Circuit give me EXC_BAD_ACCESS in RacingGameKit::RacerRegisterStart

I can't get worked any configuration of default scenes for iOS.
    In Unity (version 3.5.7f6) i had a bunch of errors:
    Font size and style overrides are only supported for dynamic fonts.
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object, Vector3, Quaternion)
    RacingGameKit.Race_Manager:()
    RacingGameKit.Race_Manager:Start()

Without Race_UI and Race_Progress scripts on _RaceManager there is no errors in Unity but EXC_BAD_ACCESS in RacingGameKit::RacerRegisterStart just after app have started.

Does it means that i can't use RGK Indie for iOS?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  49. Shigidy

Shigidy

Is the update coming soon :)

50. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hey Yusuf, have you had a chance to take a look at the email I sent you a few days ago re: some custom work?