Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks man :)

2. Shigidy

Shigidy

Any new news or updates, or possibly a tutorial video or two.

3. emergki

emergki

Hi Yusuf... Thanks for the comment about my Serious Simulators :)...

About your Racing Kit, I found some "errors", maybe not errors but, things that I think that need to be changed...

1- About the "Stop Race On Player Finish", are not working right, when it's marked, the Race not finish when player finish, the race only finish when it are unmarked;

2- In Knockout Mode, I believe that the last Racer must be knocked out when the "second last racer" pass the finish line and, not when the last racer pass the finish line, I'm telling this because if the last never pass the finish line, no other racer will be knocked out in the another laps;

3- Maybe in Knockout Mode, you can create a way to knockout the racers in Checkpoints and not only in the finish line, This can be a good another racing type;

4- Sometimes, the AI Cars get out of the road and, don't return anymore (don't reset).

5- The Race Results Window don't show the Racers after 5th position.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  4. emergki

emergki

Another thing is: If I pass the finish line with rear gear (with the car facing wrong way), the system don't count my lap.

5. derkoi

derkoi

You guys who are asking for video tutorials, what part of RGK don't you understand? The downloadable PDF file is pretty comprehensive in my opinion has helped me loads.

6. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks for feedback man, i've some answers below

1- About the "Stop Race On Player Finish", are not working right, when it's marked, the Race not finish when player finish, the race only finish when it are unmarked;

I'll check this again. In my test scenario, it was working as supposed to be.

2- In Knockout Mode, I believe that the last Racer must be knocked out when the "second last racer" pass the finish line and, not when the last racer pass the finish line, I'm telling this because if the last never pass the finish line, no other racer will be knocked out in the another laps;

You totally right about this one. I'll add this as feature.

3- Maybe in Knockout Mode, you can create a way to knockout the racers in Checkpoints and not only in the finish line, This can be a good another racing type;

Good idea and i like it. I'll add this one too! (thanks x2)

4- Sometimes, the AI Cars get out of the road and, don't return anymore (don't reset).

I noticed this only happens when a racer blocked by fence like environmental stuff. Since my sensors only check froward and backward for environment that's the reason that blockage. I'm thinking about adding side sensors for environment too.

5- The Race Results Window don't show the Racers after 5th position.

Embeded GUI is a sample actually. But I also provided GUI code in Scripts folder. You may made your changes for 5th or more users. ;)

Another thing is: If I pass the finish line with rear gear (with the car facing wrong way), the system don't count my lap.
    Why you would pass the line with rear gear lol. But yes, i noticed that after release. Will check this out.. Please contact me over skype if you need help on this stuff. ;)

Thanks derkoi, Indeed pdf explains many things and it already have a how to create a racing game part.

Cheers.

7. emergki

emergki

lol, I pass the finish line in backwards because I use the Handbrake just before the finish, so, with this I "discover" this "bug"...

Thank you for the replies..

Bye! ;)

8. zanozza

zanozza

Hi, Yusuf!

Please edit on your main page:

"* Preview version is limited to “Spirint” type races only."

9. Acolit

Acolit

Does your kit support multiplayer?

10. zanozza

zanozza

Is it so hard to check they Roadmap?

11. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

LoL, good catch.. I'll do that sometimes but didnt hit that.. I'll check it out..;)

Thanks for heads up mate. Missed that :)

Sorry, Not yet.. Its in my plans. But there's some time for it.

12. Shigidy

Shigidy

Quick question, does this support Unity 4?

13. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Quick answer , yes it does.

14. wccrawford

wccrawford

The page actually says it supports "Unity 3.5.x Unity $", btw.

15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Dooh. Thanks!

16. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Any word on getting this on the asset store ?

17. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Keith,
    Unfortunately, UT did not accept my DRM integration to Asset Store Purchase Verifying workflow. It was quite simple actually.
    Anyway, thats because I cant send this to AS.

I provide Paypal integration on my website. You can purchase your copy securely if this is your concern. :)

18. mattSydney

mattSydney

Great product thanks i have a few questions:

Hi I still can't figure out which class or method to override, I downloaded the PDF but it didnt mention it. So I drop in the Rocco Human Racer Black prefab for example and I simply want to override the inputs to something like

GetComponent.<SomeRGKClass>().ApplyDrive (float Throttle, float Brake, bool HandBrake);

I tried GetComponent<RacingGameKit.RGKCar.RGKCar_Controller>(); but it isnt on the prefab and I tried GetComponent<RacingGameKit.RGKCar.RGKCar_HumanController>(); but I can't set the controls as mobile

2. Another quick one,I am doing a sprint race with separate start points and finish points and sometimes (not always) the race ends with error IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    RacingGameKit.Racer_Register.Π()
    RacingGameKit.Racer_Register.Update ()

I checked my start and finsh triggers and they are set up the correct width and height

I bought the indie version by the way :)

19. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Matt,
    Instead of controller, you should directly send your input to RGKCar_Engine.. Send your input as RGKCar_Engine.throttle, or .brake or .steer :)

The Race_Register error is known issue for the 204 build. It will be resolved in next one .

20. derkoi

derkoi

But if he sends the input directly to the engine, he won't get input smoothing etc will he?

21. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

He'll not indeed. Only final input should send to Engine.. Because if i smooth or multiply with time.delta again, it may lost its effect.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  22. mattSydney

mattSydney

Thank you I will give it a go!

23. Petong

Petong

Hi Yusuf! I bought the RGK Indie, and I have one question. For example, if a player wins the race he needed to give the amount of prize money, how to implement it in RGK?

24. Shigidy

Shigidy

Any chance for any tutorials soon.

25. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Petong,
    If you check Assets/_Racing Game Kit/Scripts under your project folder you'll see a script called RaceUISample.cs
    this one is exactly same in RGK Assembly.

If you open that script, you'll see
    Code (csharp):
    1.  public void RaceFinished(String RaceType)
    2.         {
    3.             ShowResultsWindow();
    4.         }
    This code get executed after race finished.
    You can add your prize logic at this point.

Documentation have great tutorial in it. If you still have more questions please contact me over Skype with your Transaction ID.

26. vasanth

vasanth

Hi yusuf,
    You have done a great job. i tried your free version of racing game kit , i replaced car with boat. but it seems doesn't work . your kit actually need wheels to move. how can i apply the gaming kit to the boats. please give me some solution , how to work on the boat

27. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks mate,
    Boat physics is different then car. RGK doesn't include boat physics at all.
    When you have complete working boat model with scripts (Asset Store have one), you can implement IRGKCarController for your boat controller..

IRGKCarController have two methods passed ai data to controller ;

void ApplyDrive(float Throttle, float Brake, Boolean HandBrake);
    void ApplySteer(float Steer);

You can write your logic in that methods.

There's no easy solution. Boat stuff in my roadmap but not have ETA yet.

28. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

If anyone reads this message from reganam[dot]com, please contact me with your personal mail. Your mail server not functional at all and cant receive any of mails.

29. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  30. zanozza

zanozza

Pretty pictures is fun but not so necessary as MULTIPLAYER :)

31. nukeD

nukeD

Keep it up Yosuf, you're doing an incredible job!
    What i've experienced with RGK so far is beyond every other asset i've purchased for unity (well, except PlayMaker perhaps, but its different!)

btw: pretty pictures sell games!

32. sesamiam

sesamiam

Looks really nice! I think I might have to start saving some money for the Pro Source package :)

33. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure its not necessary, but I've to showoff the product for more sales too.;)

Thanks man. I'm glad you feel like that.

Thanks man. If you're not intended to change Race Mechanics, you don't need to have Source version. Pro version will enough for anything else ;)

34. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@Yusuf - I'm definitely looking at this as a purchase for my in-progress game Super Kart Racing.

I had a couple of important questions to factor in:
    1.) Does anyone know how well this performs on Android and iOS devices? Anyone with experience testing and building this to mobile devices?
    2.) Yusuf - What is the different between the regular AI and the Pro AI? Does the regular AI not drive intelligently?
    3.) Will your scripts work easily with NGUI elements?
    4.) I believe I read this won't work with multiplayer? I was planning on using Prime31 multiplayer plugins, but I guess it won't work with that?

Any help with these questions would be awesome. Yusuf - You are going to save me 2 months of dev time on my game with this!

I keep trying to download the preview free version, but the button does nothing but take me down the page where nothing is clickable at all.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  35. Shigidy

Shigidy

Yusuf, if I could ask for an update it would be the checkpoint hunt gametype. Followed by rally with a close second. It;d be a good way to hold off the masses if multiplayer takes longer than expected. : )

36. emergki

emergki

37. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah I think the lack of multiplayer functionality is not gonna allow me to use this :( Oh well, was and am building up my own system for all of this anyways. It's pretty cool for what it does though, keep up the good work.

38. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Mate, here your answers ;
    1.) Does anyone know how well this performs on Android and iOS devices? Anyone with experience testing and building this to mobile devices?
    Yes, RGK Compatible on both platforms for mobile. Actually i've 6 different titles under development for mobile...
    2.) Yusuf - What is the different between the regular AI and the Pro AI? Does the regular AI not drive intelligently?
    No, it also drive intelligently but it follows waypoints and steers for collisions from sides. ProAI also avoid collisions from forward and tries brake to avoid, or steers left or right for it. Also it have overtake functions. All of proai features are depend its preconfigured behaviors.
    3.) Will your scripts work easily with NGUI elements?
    NGUI is just another component. I provide a GUI sample with Unity gui components that explains how to show interact with RGK components for creating UI.
    Infact, if you check derkoi's post above, you'll see some tech ui.. that made with NGUI also it all made with Playmaker. You even dont have to touch code.
    4.) I believe I read this won't work with multiplayer? I was planning on using Prime31 multiplayer plugins, but I guess it won't work with that?
    Not yet. After upcoming update, I'm going to start MP.

But Most likely I'm planning to release MP as additional package with different price. With some other add-ons.

Cheers ;)

39. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Rally is almost ready... With upcoming update I changed work way of the checkpoints and they can added as checkpoint, sectorpoint or speedtrap.. Each functionality is different. Sector points works as Rally timer as you can understand from name...

Only startup is missing now. Rally rules are requires gap between racers. But in RGK, they start with one light. In my list anyways. ;)

40. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks for demo mate. I thought thats ProAI LoL..

41. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Ah Yusuf thank you for the updates. Sounds like this will perform well on mobile devices. Any idea on the timeframe for multiplayer to be implemented? If you didn't get it in soon, I wonder how hard it would be to integrate the Prime31 multiplayer plugins to work with your scripts?

42. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Actually its not a problem integrating another multiplayer package.. Problem is multiplayer design of my components. RaceManager tracks one players state only and others are AI. Also I have to decide masterserver approach too. Just I start this decisions and designs after release of current update. But I really dont have ETA yet.
    Honestly, if two man want to race in RGK, there's some time for it now :)

43. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@Yusuf - Yeah I think I might be able to integrate these plugins. I think all they need to be able to do is instantiate the players into each level with their saved chosen kart models, and save each of their times for the leaderboard. I can't think of what else it would need to be able to do.

44. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

In RGK, every race (player or ai) have a RacerDetails class. And this class keeps everything like time, distance, lap, sector speed etc. And they constantly updates that class. When needed RaceManager reach particularly of each racer and read this details. And shows on gui, determinates who is going to knockout etc.

In multiplayer scenario a remote Racemanager will connect each player or each player will push their details on every update. This remote race manager is the multiplayer server actually. I've to design that :)

Did you dl'ed free pack for testing?

45. emergki

emergki

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  46. Shigidy

Shigidy

Yusuf AKDAG could I possibly get your skype address. I have some basic questions and really would like to get started on my project.

47. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure mate, I'm sending that as PM ;)

48. 4shm3x

4shm3x

Hey there,
    I am interested in purchasing this but I am just wondering if there is the ability to alter certain aspects of the cars that I would put in. I.e the Hp, Torque, weight and gear ratios?

Thanks

49. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

50. 4shm3x

4shm3x

Thanks I will have a read :).

I am particularly interested in recreating the Honda vtec system. How would I do that?

Thanks

unityunity