Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. gamedivision

gamedivision

could i have a rough time frame for implementing Edy's vehicle physics please thank you

2. gamedivision

gamedivision

ok ive just bought it,hopefully you will have implemented edy'd vehicle physics soon

3. gamedivision

gamedivision

why isnt there skidmarks,vehicles,or models in the pro version

4. gamedivision

gamedivision

its alright i sorted it

5. derkoi

derkoi

Is anyone here using Racing Game Kit with UnityCar 2?

When I follow the instructions to add the .cs extension to UnityCarAIController I get the following error:

Edit: Yusuf has fixed it, 10/10 for support! Thanks Yusuf!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  6. gamedivision

gamedivision

how did you fix this because im getting the same problem

7. derkoi

derkoi

Yusuf made a few changes to his UnityAIController.cs script. I don't really want to upload my version of it, unless Yusuf ok's it, but I'm sure he'll send you the updated file if you ask him.

8. gamedivision

gamedivision

ok buddy ill contact him now

9. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

Would love to hear an update on this soon.

10. Shigidy

Shigidy

Maybe I was the only one that didn't know this, but I wanted to share what I just found out. Photon Servers have a free option, where you can have a 100 people online for free. If you could somehow incorporate this into your racing game kit instructions or your future tutorial videos, you would be helping me out so much. https://www.exitgames.com/Pricing here is the link. You would be truly awesome if this worked together.

11. eyo

eyo

Yusuf, we've an urgent requirement for support on integration between RGK and UnityCar, can you get in touch with our developer ASAP. We have been in contact via email prior to the weekend but as yet had no response from you.

Cheers

12. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

13. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

;) We did..

14. cobaltBlue

cobaltBlue

Hi Yusuf,

I'm getting this really weird behavior with AI at this one corner in my game scene:

The car will try to turn the corner then suddenly swerve in the opposite direction and crash into the rails.
    After looking at the behavior it seems that the AI is picking a waypoint which is too far ahead due to the nature of that corner, tries to turn that corner and suddenly realizes there are obstacles and swerves away and crashes...
    Currently using UnityCar 2.0 with the AI... (I am also compiling a build of that level so you can see it for yourself please check your email from md.zaid73@gmail.com)

I've also posted this on RGKs Facebook page but might as well put it here, It's some feedback after using RGK:

1) You definitely need make the manager realize when the player is going the wrong way and let it flash a wrong way message on screen (players can get disoriented after a crash).

2) In circuit type races where start point = finish point the player can cheat by simple driving back and forth through the start point to increase his lap number and jump ahead in the race...

Edit: 3) Support for unitycar (non - rgk cars) to listen to the race manager so they can't drive off even before the race starts..., (SOLVED)

4) more of a question I plan to plot way points on a map where the player needs to double back on the same road it came from will this pose any problems?...

5) The racer position GUI doesn't update fast enough (probably because I'm using UnityCar cars but I can pass a few cars and somehow still be in last place for quite awhile in the GUI...)

6) On larger maps I tend to place way points further apart especially for straights this doesn't pose problem until an AI crashes and suddenly teleports ahead because the way points are so spread out, this could be solved by placing more waypoints in the middle but it'd be nice if the waypoint manager could automatically insert extra waypoints by setting a "minimum distance" between way points if 2 waypoints are too far apart then the manager will insert way points to maintain the minimum distance between way points...

phew that's a mouthful anyways u're doing great work man keep it up

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi,
    I received the sample, its looks great man, good work!
    Anyway, looks like the car enters that corner too fast and it lost the waypoints he supposed the connect. I placed few points below, can you try that corner with them? Also you may use 7f and 10f for steer smoothing, it have sharp turns sometimes.

About the feedback, I read them. Currently I'm working on new distance measurement approach that also prevents start> backward cheat and wrong way stuff. Also I sent updated unitycar scripts to you,.

$amir_wps.jpg

16. derkoi

derkoi

Yes, those suggestions would be great.

17. cobaltBlue

cobaltBlue

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  18. cobaltBlue

cobaltBlue

Hey Yusuf, currently implementing photon multiplayer into the game and i suddenly realized your current game manger doesn't support multiple human players. I might have to write my own racemanger for the time being but I was wondering how difficult it would be for you to implement support for more then one human racer to be recognised in your manager...

19. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi man,
    Indeed RGK is not compatible for multiplayer yet. It is on my roadmap but not sure how soon it is. But since its most requested feature, I moved that on #1 priority.
    Recognizing of multiple players not that hard actually only trouble part is making racemanager compatible such a thing without breaking single player calculations. I'm gonna think about that.

20. gamedivision

gamedivision

How do we know when updates are available,and how soon can we expect edy's vehicle physics to be compatible thanks Yusuf

21. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello mate,
    If any update happen,i'll post them to here, to facebook page and also twitter..
    About Edys, i'm working on new distance measurement system and its almost done. I'll checkout edys after that.
    Cheers,

22. Shigidy

Shigidy

Even though I want multiplayer as much as the next guy, after your next update could you possibly focus on a tutorial or two, that just helps newbies get going. I would really appreciate it if you talked rather than using text, ps everyone thinks their voice is annoying. Anyways just hoping you read this. Thanks.

23. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Any plans to bring this to the asset store, I know you said before you wouldn't since your using DRM, but you'd gain more in sales from the asset store then you'd lose from piracy .

24. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

After next update, I'll start creating tutorial series ;)

I'm looking for a solution for asset store :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  25. patrickgoud

patrickgoud

Hi Yusuf,

I just downloaded the free package, and would like to use it as a boat racing game.
    How would i start with this? I could not find any further documentation on the boats. Maybe i missed it?

Thx!

26. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Patrick,
    No mate, you didn't miss that. Indeed boat racing not included in this version. I've been working a proper boat vehicle configuration, just hit some rock and postponed that feature.

27. iKronos

iKronos

Hi Yusuf,

for IOS development, it seems there is no way of change of the control behaviour in the "RGK Controller.." script, e.g. like

Input.GetAxis("Horizontal")

I bought the Pro without source.

Is it possible to adding a property into your script, like

Controll -> Option (Mouse, Moblie, etc...)

like in UnityCar?

Cheers,

28. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello iKronoz,
    New updated released that exposes RGKCar controllers. Please download latest version and latest documentation for more information! ;)

29. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Everyone,
    I released huge update last week but after that i got feedback about some missing stuff. That's why i didn't announced that.

And I released another update last night.

Please check http://www.unityracingkit.com/index.php/support/releasenotes/ for more information about fixes, changes and new features i added.

I hope you like the stuff I added.

And also, celebrating the Christmas and new year you've %10 Discount on new purchases.
    Please use HAPPY2013 as coupon* at the checkout on RGKStore (http://www.unityracingkit.com/index.php/store/)

Merry Christmas and Happy 2013 !

* offer valid till 01/05/2013

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  30. emergki

emergki

Anyone here are using the Racing Game Kit to make games? If yes, can you show any video of it working? I want to buy one Racing Kit for a game, but, I don't know which will be better... Maybe you can help me...

Thanks!

31. derkoi

derkoi

I noticed you posted the same thing in the Pro Racing AI thread. DO NOT BUY Pro Racing AI. The dev stopped support for it months ago and it doesn't even work, I wasted money on that.

Here's a video of the game im working on using Racing Game Kit. It's really good.

32. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Emergki,
    There's free version that contains everything belongs to RGK except ProAI and UnityCar support. You can test yourself this tools, BasicAI and out of box Car phyiscs that called RGKCar. ;)

Also you can test ProAI at http://www.unityracingkit.com/demos/featuredemo

please contact me if you have any questions ;)

Cheers.

33. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Thanks man ;)
    And its looking very good. I really liked the progress mate :) Congrats.

34. emergki

emergki

Hi,

Thank you @derkoi and @Yusuf,

Let me make another question to you Yusuf, With the Indie version of your Kit, can I use the UnityCar for the Player Car? (I mean, using UnityCar, it will work right with the another features from your Kit?), and, another question is, If I buy the Indie version now and, after I have the another things done in my project, Can I pay only the price difference between the versions to have the PRO version?

Thank you!

35. emergki

emergki

Just Bought your Racing Kit Yusuf! ;)

36. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure UnityCar works side by side with RGK. Only you have to handle starting stuff with it. As you'll notice when you start using RGK, at the race start, until countdown zero, all vehicles are locked and they dont move.

Sure you can upgrade with difference :) Let me know when you need that ;)

Thanks man! :)

37. S0ULART

S0ULART

Hello Yusuf
    is it possible to have floating or flying vehicles work with the A I Engine?
    in two possible ways:
    1. as normal racing games just horizontal
    2. also vertical, like airplanes

38. S0ULART

S0ULART

Sadly Ive got the same problem and since then I'm a bit cautious :S

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  39. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Mate,
    Actually my AI is not compatible for 3rd axis since i only coded for steering. I dont think it will problem for floating vehicles like hovercrafts or some kind of
    scifi racer stuff (like pod racer ) but cant be used in aircrafts.

40. aspide

aspide

Hi Yusuf. I've noticed that you will have full integration with Edy's vehicle physics soon. Any ETA on that please ?

41. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi mate, No ETA for edys. Since its author doesn't response my emails, i may not support that too.

42. aspide

aspide

Oh, thanks Yusuf. I'm developing a racing game actually using edy's tools but I'd be glad to avoid all the work for race mechanincs using your toolkit. Do you think it will be possible to merge a human controlled car using edy's physics and ai racers using your kit ?

43. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Yes mate its possible, just you've to block user input for human player until race start. And this can be achieved by checking RaceManager.IsRaceStarted property... ;)

44. aspide

aspide

Wow, these are good news mate. I think that yout toolkit is definitely sold. Thanks for avoiding me countless hours of programming :)

45. aspide

aspide

Hi Yusuf. I've downloaded the free version to play with until my bank will reemit my credit card (because it seems it was hacked some days ago). I'm facing a problem, though. Every vehicle I'm trying to rig has a strange behaviour. After assigning all the scripts I've found on the Rocco's sample vehicles the wheels suddendly jump to the center of the vehicle and change orientation. I've tried with your truck model too but the problem persists. Since I'm certaingly doing some error in rigging maybe do you have a tutorial explaining how to rig models please ?

46. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Can you send me your vehicle model as prefab please? yusufakdag[ the mail sign here ]gmail.com

I'll check it out about problems.

Also Free version is not updated recent build. So 1.0.203 and newer changes doesnt applies for free version ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  47. aspide

aspide

Thanks mate. I'm sending it just now. I really don't understand where i'm making the error since also the truck model that can be found in the demo package has the same problem.

48. emergki

emergki

49. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Wow Mate, This sim stuff are awesome... Specially as huge fan of truck sim (ets, scania sim, rig'n roll etc) i really liked your cabin simulation.. I wish i can drive at there lol..

Also simbra looks solid. you did great job at there.. I see its not a "traffic solution for games" right? Its part if your simulation enviroment?

Man, you or your company should consider traffic system as a unity addon :)
    Cheers.

50. aspide

aspide

I must say that the support from Yusuf is great ! He solved my problems rapidly and consistently. I'm quicly becoming a fanboy of this tool !! Thanks again Yusuf !