Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Oh sorry for that, indeed it wasn't in OP.. I'm about to organize this demos on web and in this thread with new demos..

Here, Preorder Challenge i mentioned ; http://www.unityracingkit.com/preorder_challange/preorder.html

Ohh. Sorry Rinus, indeed I missed that. Replying it now.

2. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

@ Yusuf , Ysusf please check your mail , i did contact you VIA your site , my username is :ViperSN
    would you please answer me ?
    Thanks alot

3. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi mate,
    Contact form not related to membership so I cant find your message with username. Can you PM me your mail address please?

4. uni7y

uni7y

Thanks Yusuf!

5. Shigidy

Shigidy

Any updates? I really hope I get to play around with it by next weekend. Is that possible? Thanks.

6. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi people, packages are coming and I'm finalizing new demo right now!

I'm also so excited about that and I'm checking it over and over again for everything works properly.

You'll hear more soon!

7. uni7y

uni7y

can't wait Yusuf :)

8. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Finally! I solved the nasty knockout bug that doesn't allow you finish the game.. And latest demo released at http://www.unityracingkit.com/demos/knockout ! Its an AI game that show you how different type AI competes each other. Don't forget to restart (Press Escape > Restart) after race couple time. Each race will be different.

Additionally Dear friend Diogo (Insidious Technologies ) provided trial versions of EasyFlow and Color3 and I used them in this demo. I hope you like it. Don't forget to check his website (http://insidious.pt/) for more information about this products.

Also I added FPS counter. Please let me know your performance results.

Finally I can get back to work with packages. Release is incoming!

9. Shigidy

Shigidy

Awesome, appreciate all the hard work.

10. napster

napster

Looks awesome, good work :)

11. uni7y

uni7y

very very nice!!!

12. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks for the Demo Yusuf! Nice. I'm ready to purchase, is the preorder discount offer still on?

13. mschreiner

mschreiner

Any word on the pro package release? Waiting patiently..... Thanks!

14. ajithram

ajithram

Hi,

I just bought the Pro kit and it took me to a pre-order page and PDF.

Where can I download the Pro version as it exists now?

Ajith
    info@candellasoftware.com

15. Pulov

Pulov

Hi,

The performance on my pc was not very good, 20-30FPS,
    Same on a laptop.

My pc has a 560TI, 8gb ram and a Phenom 2 quadcore.

The motion blur shaded looks weird, It might be the reason for so low FPS. In other games with similar graphic level I get 100FPS easilly.

The behaviro really feels like a "comercial" racing game, despite some little weird stuff. I got surprised the gray cars not being leading the race. But overall yes it feels like a nice product. The low FPS ruins a bit the perception.

Could you make a test build without the motino blur effect to see if that is the issue?.

16. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Guyz, Pro and ProSource Owners will have Pro Package tonight.

Pulov,
    probably You're talking about demo at http://www.unityracingkit.com/demos/featuredemo/

RGK locked to 30Fps because of AI calculations. You may increase that on camera settings in sample scenes, but you've to tweak AI again.

But dropping to 20? Just dont understand that. Your GPU looks awesome. It should 30 flat always.

Sure I'll add nofx button for disabling color grading and motion blur. I'll let you know for update. Thanks.

17. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  18. uni7y

uni7y

This is so cool!!! great work man!!!

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have downloaded the free version, but when I run the game, I see a giant pilot in front of my car! How do I fix this?

20. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Can you send me screenshot with your hierarchy please?

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Here's the image:

$1.PNG

22. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Please lower the panels below the game screen, and take another shot from scene wie that points camera...

23. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

Is the price still the same as before? I can't check the website where I am right now, but I still want to grab the ProSource version (I e-mailed you about picking it up a few weeks ago) since my game is close to being ready to receive AI.

How difficult would you say adjusting the AI for delimiting framerate is going to be? I'd like to target 60fps during gameplay on my dev machine. Looking forward to seeing how it runs in my game! :)

Edit: Went ahead and bought it, the store said that preorder period was over for discount, but I still only got a pre-order placeholder after purchasing. I reckon you just needed some sleep or hit some snags on the way to getting Pro/Source out. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just want to delete the pilot...

25. Shigidy

Shigidy

If you get a chance could you send me the link for the pro source. Thanks

26. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Then, place the Rocco prefabs to scene, delete the driver in hiearchy, and put back to rocco object to prefab itself again. This will be update the rocco prefabs without drivers.

Yes, I remember your game.. Glad to see you have progress.
    Its not difficult actually. Just set your lockrate at camera then set AI Smooting values in ai inspector. Thats all.

I had a bug report lastnight and solved by morning and its on the way! ;)

27. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

Nice, easy peasy! Could I get a link as well? The RGK store isn't generating the link for ProSource still. :)

28. derkoi

derkoi

Can you send me the Pro version please :) :) :)

29. Pulov

Pulov

Hi, just comment that the updated demo runs perfectly at constant 30FPS

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks, Yusuf! Worked fine for me :D

31. mschreiner

mschreiner

My Download Link on your website still goes to the PDF file for the pro source link it generates.

32. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Pro Pro+Source owners can download the PRO package from RGK Store!

I'll add sources as 2nd package after how-to document complete.

Do not forget, INDIE and PRO package requires online activation and can be activated on two computers only!

33. derkoi

derkoi

Downloading now, thanks Yusuf!

34. derkoi

derkoi

I'm struggling to get this working with Unitycar 2.0

I'm getting this every second or so:

Code (csharp):
    1. Object reference not set to an instance of an object   at RacingGameKit.Racers.RGK_Racer_Pro_AI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. RacingGameKit.Racers.RGK_Racer_Pro_AI:Update()
    I've added the Pro AI to the UnityCar and set the Controller in Car Dynamics to External. Not sure what else to do, i've set all the track up with the spawn points everything the rocco cars drive, just cant get the Unitycars to move. lol

35. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Steve,
    Yeah, Unitycar have its own AI Bridge that connect AI Controller to Unitycar Control script.
    I am preparing a documentation about vehicle rigging first. I didn't mentioned about that on old documentation. I'll send it when it complete soon.

But until vehicle rig document release, I'll let you some quick introduction ;

1 - First of all, (I am assuming you already imported UnityCar scripts) with Windows explorer, please navigate to "YOUR_RGK_FOLDER_PATH\Assets\_Racing Game Kit\Scripts" folder. You'll find a file named "UnityCarAIController" with no extension. Please add ".cs" extension to this file. It should seen as "UnityCarAIController.cs" (w/o quotes). Then back to Unity editor. This will rebuild project itself. When its done, you're ready to addition stuff for unitycar rig.

2 - Under hiearchy of UnityCar that you're trying to use with RGK, create two Empty GameObjects. And rename and place them as ;
    _CameraTarget = this will used by camera for finding game object for targeting; place that to top of the body. (like shown in screenshot above)
    _DistancePoint = this will used by RaceRegister script for determining the distance place to just front of bumper (see the screenshot again)

Do not forget to _ characters. I added them for separating RGK stuff from other game objects. If you complete this steps, yo're done with em. Right now, we're going to add scripts.

3- Standard UnityCar vehicles came with Axis and Mouse controllers. Remove them by right click > Remove Component.
    4- Do you remember the script we renamed to UnityCarAIController.cs above? Drag and drop that script into your UnityCar rigged car. This will help to AI to drive UnityCar
    5-Add desired AI (pro or basic) AI controller using with menu path as Components > Racing Game Kit > Racers > RGK Racer - Pro AI
    6- And finally add Race Register component with menu path as Components > Racing Game Kit > Game Mechanics > Race Register
    7- Check the screenshot again for some good tweaks I used for UnityCar. I'll explain everything in it. But You may find better braking with changing Soft-brake and Hard-brake values.

36. mschreiner

mschreiner

I sent you a PM Yusuf.

37. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Got it mate, replying now.

38. lovegames

lovegames

is the code optimized for mobile devices

i will gladly purchase the pro version if it is

thank you

39. pelikan13

pelikan13

Hi Yusuf,

I'm having an issue with Unity Car, when i import the "RGK.Libs.unitypackage" package, it overwrites all Unity Car's input data. I have spend some time calibrating Unity Car with input devices so i wouldn't like to have to redo everything, is there a way around this?

Also the player car will use Unity Car and the AI will use RGK's settings, right now the AI cars behave nicely but I'm having issues with getting the race manager to read the palyer's car. I have added the "Racer_register" component and also a distance point object and a camera target but still no luck. I've also added it to the "Human Racer Prefab" in the ispector so the camera will follow it but it simply won't register in the lap times etc.

Thanks!

40. cobaltBlue

cobaltBlue

Hi, I'm the guy that pointed out the 100 waypoint spline bug on Facebook I thought it'd be better if I used the forums instead from now on. Anyways just some very quick questions. I have my own start screen where u can select cars for the player. Question is I took a look at your startscreen script and figured that this one line was was the key to loading the cars into the race scene "RaceManagerStaticData.SelectedCar = SelectedVehicle;" but i'm getting no luck what exactly do you need to setup to be able to load a car that's been selected in the start screen like in your demo. And while I'm at it is there anyway to ensure that the car picked by the player wont show up as an AI car in the race with pro...

Edit: I just upgraded to unitycar 2.0 due to certain changes in the override function in UnityCar's carcontroller class, UnityCarAIController will cause errors on compile when you upgrade it.. If you have some sort of coding background you should be able to fix it like I did but Yusuf could you check it out and do an "official patch" for it. For those of you wondering where i got unity car 2.0 it's been out for awhile, the one in the asset store is NOT updated. The latest version is here http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/joomla/index.php and for those who already own 1.2 just send an e-mail including the invoice number of your purchase to the email included in the unitycar package and request for an upgrade and yes it's free.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  41. nukeD

nukeD

Congrats on the great release Yusuf!
    I know I've asked before, but are there any changes regarding Edy's Physics support?
    thanks

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

How do I make a damage sistem in these cars without buying UnityCar?

43. eyo

eyo

Hi Yusuf, assuming pro version been released?

Have you looked into updating the integration with Unity Car?

What is the performance like on mobile devices such as iOS?

44. eyo

eyo

Hi Yusuf, are you still supporting this package and do you intend to update the PDF help file?

45. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Sure I am,
    I'm working on an documentation already. There are many changes and additions since earlier release. It took longer then i thought..

I'll post big update post soon.

46. ddeaco

ddeaco

Is there any support for short cuts/multiple routes?

47. badawe

badawe

Looks pretty amazing! Congratulations!

48. eyo

eyo

Perfect, look forward to it.

49. gamedivision

gamedivision

This looks like a great package,but until it fully supports edy's car physics i'll wait to purchase

50. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

Hi, the source wasn't included with my original package download (Pro w/o source is what I got, w/ source is what I paid for). Has this been corrected since then? It says there's only two downloads allowed, so I don't want to get caught up downloading the wrong package twice and being unable to download the right one in the future.