Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Alex,Sorry for delayed answer, I'm too much focused to finishing RGK, cant check forum daily.
    I didnt explained this on documentation because when I release the demod, vehicle code wasn't finished at all.

Its not a noob question, its most likely a programmer task. If you have programming experience, you'll understand the statements below;

I provide a interface for vehicles to interaction with RGK Components. Specially AI requires this interface since it drives the car.

Interface code is ;
    Code (csharp):
    2. namespace RacingGameKit.Interfaces
    3. {
    4.     public interface IRGKVehicle
    5.     {
    6.         float Speed { get; }
    7.         float Rpm  { get; }
    8.         int Gear { get;set; }
    9.         float  MaxSteer { get; }
    10.         void ApplyDrive(float Throttle, float Brake, Boolean HandBrake);
    11.         void ApplySteer(float Steer);
    12.         void ShiftGears();
    13.     }
    15. }
    So you have to interface your vehicle class with IRGKVehicle and have to implement properties and methods above.

In this interface Speed and RPM, MaxSteer and Gear provided by your vehicle for calculations on AI.
    AI calls ApplyDrive function with -1 to +1 fro Throttle Brake. (hand brake is obsolate for AI)
    Also Calls ApplySteer with -1 to +1 for steering and all based the AI calculations. Both apply same for BasicAI and ProAI

Besides this, Vehicle requires a empty game object named "_DistancePoint" just placed to front bumper. This required because Ai measures distance based on this object.

A simple vehicle rig requires ; RGK_Vehicle, RGK_Vehicle_Sound, Race_Register components added to vehicle.
    Additionally, if its AI Vehicle you have to add RGK_AIRacer_Basic, else -means player- RGK_Racer components too.

You can drag "RGKTruck AI" prefab to hierarchy and examine the components on it.

I'll explain with much detailed version when I complete documentation. Also its noted this subject as a tutorial.

Safe Driving :)

2. Shigidy

Shigidy

Any new updates on this project?

3. derkoi

derkoi

Is there any ETA for the release please?

4. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Going to just say this , you'll have far more sales if you just go though the Unity Asset store . Selling it on your own website means that you have to promote it your self, if its in the asset store anyone who searching for racing will find it . Plus it makes it far easier for an end user, like myself to just buy and import it.

Looking forward to it , I've already started working on the prototype for a cool racing game( ever see rage splines in 3d...)

5. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Unity People,
    Sorry for you kept waiting. Because of some unfortunate events, my development slowed down a bit. But everything cool now and back in to business.
    Infact, I created a new race track for ya'll that you can feel racing sprint inside..
    Also I created better vehicle code that based advanced physics sample from unity car.
    We've new and awesome vehicle sound script that you can actually assign more then few rev sounds for engine and blend them for perfect vehicle sound. (oh i ruined surprise)
    And decided give few free scripts that help you creating racing environment like start lights vehicle / track selection script etc. Also i put wheel collider based vehicle code outside the assembly, so can use see how RGK AI interacts with vehicle and you can perfect that..

Also one of my friend created an awesome race car and I rigged up for you, that you can understand how new vehicle code make your vehicle super cool...

And with this awesomeness, I'm going to release the package in next week. (yeah its official)

New package will have something like this ;

(Click to expand and feel free to make it desktop wallpaper)

Thank you for great responses dropped my mailbox .. Just little more time ;) Thanks for patience!

Dont forget to follow me at twitter.com/yusufakdag and twitter.com/racinggamekit and facebook page is available at facebook.com/racinggamekit .

Safe Driving!

Yusuf A.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  6. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Mate,
    I wish I can put that to asset store. They refused my package because its uses online activation. UT doesn't care protect the intellectual property at all.

Looks like I've to use social media marketing magic for promoting my products. ;)

Cheers;

7. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

8. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Ahh, still people will have a very hard time finding your asset if its not in the asset store . Good luck , but maybe in Unity 4.0 they'll have better DRM to protect your asset .

9. paulocoghi

paulocoghi

Hi Yusuf, first of all, really thanks for the good work!

I am in the basics of Unity yet and I am really interested in RGK Pro, but I have a noob question: can I use my own camera (or customize RGK's cameras) to create a top-down view/perspective?

Thanks!

10. Shigidy

Shigidy

This may be a dumb question but does this package include online multiplayer? I understaind this is very hard to do.

11. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi paulo, thanks for kindness. RGK have an awesome camera system installed. It have fully customizable with angles height etc. I'm sure you'll not need any other. But still if you insist to use yours, you have to implement iRGKCamera interface to your camera script. Thats easy. When new version comes, just check the new camera features.. ;)

Hi Shigidy, there's no dumb questions ;)
    Multiplayer support not available in this version. And yes, its hard to achieve that. I am planning to add that feature, just can't tell which version will have -yet-.

Btw, watch-out the thread, its going to release soon and preordering will start tomorrow and it will have with %15 discount on Pro and Source packages!!!

Cheers!

12. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Preorder is available with %15 Discount on every RGK versions!

Use "PREORDER" as coupon code at checkout!

Also I created a little fun game for you!

Can you beat RGK AI? Test yourself!

http://www.unityracingkit.com/preorder_challange/preorder.html

Game FPS locked to 30fps. If your framerate drops too low, please decrease quality by pressing Escape > Options > Graphics menu then restart using Restart button..

Have Fun! :)

13. Shigidy

Shigidy

Dude your about to get your first sale. Just got the credit card ready. The only thing I ask for is some tutorial videos sometime down the road. It would really help out the newbies like me.

14. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Think this will be compatible with UnityCar 2.0?

15. Shigidy

Shigidy

I think it is. I think he had Unity 2.0 before all of us. I still haven't bought it yet, got to figure out this pre-paid paypal thing. It's going to take 2-3 days. Please let the sale last that long.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  16. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Hey Yusuf
    i wanna know if you integrated the UnityCar2.0 pro Physics as well ?

17. derkoi

derkoi

Good question. +1

18. derkoi

derkoi

Nah, I bought his speedometer back in June. :D

19. ronime

ronime

Trying to gather up the funds for the Racing Game Kit Professional with Source plus the spedometer and neon light kit. This would be such an awesome pack for a racing project I had in mind!

20. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Well?

21. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

also Wanna know that if you have any plans to integrate "ModyEN" physics ?

22. derkoi

derkoi

Yusuf,

Before I preorder, Just wondering if you could post a comparison demo of the Standard vs Pro AI.

Also, is there any way to upgrade if I bought the indie and wanted the pro features or just Pro AI?

Thanks

23. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello Mates,
    Firstly I'm really sorry delayed answers. I'm also preparing my wedding... This both is very challenging lately..

Thanks, I sold few copies like 3 months ago. Thanks to sponsors.

But the tutorials, RGK will have full training sessions under 15 different subject and it will cover everything in RGK! This is a promise...

Sure it will! Since its beginning we partnered with Michele. The version I'm going to release next week will have 1.2 and 2.0 integration files.

Don't worry about speedometer! Its included Pro and Source versions :)

Actually I recently noticed that product. Have to discuss with author. If he cooperates, sure I'll :)

Basically, Basic AI only watch waypoints and uses steering for avoiding collisions around.
    But Pro ai have behaviors that can be changeable in run time, also, it decides braking or overtaking when it close to another rival. Actually it competes with you...
    Also with collision avoiding, it more accurate on track.
    About the upgrade. I was trying to decide the workflow at there.. That's why I didn't put anything to website. But worst case scenario is I can create a coupon for you that makes same amount of indie price discount. :)

Again, sorry for delayed answers.

:)

24. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

My Friends,
    I had to move to new house last weekend. I dont have net connection yet. I'll update packages ASAP when I have it.

Also I preorder deadline postponed to 15th so you can still have a chance to %15 discount!

Sorry for inconvenience and delay.

25. Idale3991

Idale3991

Can you put an old version of the preview kit back up? I want to try this out and the waiting is really boring and time wasting.

26. Shigidy

Shigidy

Finally got the money on my card and finally bought it, can't wait to mess around with it.

27. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Hi everyone I just sent this message out on Facebook, felt it should apply here as well so everyone may know what's going on. Yusuf is a good friend of mine and I just talked to him briefly threw SMS. He's in the middle of moving into his new home, and the telecom company has delayed his internet install until Monday. Unforutunely with the exception of his very slow mobile phone, he has no other contact at the moment. As a tester for a while now I can mention that I think all the new additions and changes are well worth the wait! :)

28. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

one week past ! is there any news ? Yusuf , do you have any plans for "Drift" Race mechanics ??
    it will be great support for both "UnityCar" "ModyEN" physics.

29. uni7y

uni7y

Just bought it and hope I can download it soon!

30. Valois

Valois

any news??

31. uni7y

uni7y

nope no download link yet... I don't usually do prepayments on a asset so hope I did the right thing...

32. derkoi

derkoi

Guys, Yusuf has just moved house is waiting on getting his internet sorted. I don't think there's anything to worry about. :)

33. uni7y

uni7y

I'm not really worried but I never did a prepayment on anything :)

34. uni7y

uni7y

Hi... are you still in contact with Yusuf? I'm getting a bit nervous now :)

35. imRobert

imRobert

This "AI Racer 4" in the "ProAI Preview webplayer" is such a cheat.
    I had this loser way behind me, almost all of the race.
    But with the finish in sight, my car all of a sudden started slowing down, and I could hear the sound of an engine approaching.
    All of a sudden, and in a flash, I saw something yellow pushing my car aside, and overtake. This happened on the finish line.
    Boooh! Bloody foul play! Cheating!
    I'm "AI Racer 2" in that game. Look at the time in the screenshot (right-click and open in new tab). Beaten by 0.20 of a second. And I was miles ahead before my car started slowing down almost to a halt.

Seriously though, I really enjoyed the preview.

36. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Yusuf is merely days away from his wedding, mixed with a big move to his new house, I think he just under estimated the stress involved in doing both tasks at once. I assure you everything is fine he's just getting pulled every direction at once. Please give him a little more time and he will get everything sorted. :D

37. Shigidy

Shigidy

That is comforting to hear that he's just really busy. Hope all goes well for him getting married and all.

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's awesomw, but you have to pay :-(

39. derkoi

derkoi

Wow, the first package is $40. Come on, it's great value!

40. uni7y

uni7y

Really?! do you expect this to be free?

41. imRobert

imRobert

What? Do we really have to pay for this? Are you sure?

42. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Pay for what? The release date got pushed back multiple times, and now its already 13 days past the last-updated release date...and he hasn't even made an attempt to let anyone know whats going on. All we know is what a few people THINK is going on. Theres a reason I didn't pre-order, as much as I debated on it...because this isnt the first time hes just randomly disappeared for a extremely long time.

43. imRobert

imRobert

Come off it, mate.
    I was cracking a joke. Pretending to be surprised that we have to pay.

44. uni7y

uni7y

I think you're right, he was online last week so he could informed us of the progress of the asset! I'm waiting for the weekend and see what happens if I do not hear anything from him then I will ask Paypal for a refund...

45. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Finally! Glad to have a net connection, time and most importantly silence! That two weeks I lived, most overstressed and crazies one...

I want to apology to unresponsiveness first. Thanks to Ken, he explained a bit. Yes, I indeed underestimated moving and wedding stress a lot! I thought I can do this same time slowly -hence my plans it should- but damn unpredictables.

Anyway, in short, I'm back to unity and business, going to update everything, response all messages and most importantly, going to pack RGK for release!

I'm going to put new preview asap!

Sorry, Havent planned Drift kind race but this not written in stone. I may consider this.

Also, ModyEn is new. I'll contact the author if any demo available to check controller.

Infact, anyone can write any vehicle controller. Only you need inplement required interfaces from RGK.

I know how you're excited about product, sorry to keep you waiting.. Going to create the package and sending you soon! I

Lol, nice comment.. Thanks.. Just didn't get why ai2 slowed but looks like they fought well :)
    Have you tested preorder challenge?

Yeah mate, there are lots of stuff in there that requires some experience... I even heard its cheap :)

Z31NA2T; You didn't contacted me via mail for anything.. So you may have a reply if you have. I replied many questions even in my wedding ceremony! (Except i missed two questions that sent in reply, anyway)
    And since you didnt preorder, you dont have to worry anything right? Also you don't have to buy too :)

spotdot2; indeed it took time to get back to my life. I wish i can postpone one of this events for releasing RGK.. But couldn't. Still, if you still want to refund please contact me :)

I want to thank to anyone who preordered. You helped me a lot lately!

Going to update stuff now! Cya Soon!

46. derkoi

derkoi

Yusuf, great you're back!

I was waiting for you to show me the difference between the basic AI Pro AI but you never managed to get me a demo before the 15% discount ran out. :(

47. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Don't worry about discount stuff. ;) I'll create the demo right after organize this stuff. Will not take much time.. ;)

48. derkoi

derkoi

49. imRobert

imRobert

I do not know which one you mean. I tested and commented about this one (from the OP) : "ProAI Preview webplayer available at http://ow.ly/bAHWH".
    If it's something I have to install, it will have to wait. Because I cannot download a working version of Unity. See here : "Installer integrity check has failed." over and over again.
    But let's not spoil your promo/sales thread with this.

50. uni7y

uni7y

@ Yusuf

I did contact you, not for a refund :) but I got no reply. Can you check your email please?