Search Unity

Racing Game Kit - Complete Toolset for creating Super Cool Racing Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Yusuf-AKDAG, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Der_Kevin

Der_Kevin

Hey.
    So i just checked out nearly every unity car script and I think i will use you product for my next project. the only thing i was missing in the demo, is that the car does not to seam very impressed about the fact that i am driving a little bit off-track.

what i mean is, that when I iam driving above the grass area the car is not slowing down.
    would be more realistic when the car is slowing down and always draw skidmarks when I am in the grass area

would be cool for some sand bunkers off track :)

//ah S***, this always happen to me... just saw the "earth FX". when do you plan the release? ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hi Kevin,
    Indeed out of track impressions are important... That's why I developer EarthFX component. This component helps to designer create slowing effect plus particle effects out of track zones.

I know it didn't released since i announce that because had some problems with multi textured objects and particle placements. I'll focus on this soon to release.

Cheers ;)

3. eridani

eridani

Hello Yusuf, how hard would it be to use your system to make a Mario-kart style arcade racing game? Think missiles and powerups and oil slicks and banana peels =) I'm thinking it would require me to modify a lot of the source code, is that correct? Thank you!

4. Bty

Bty

I just want to say thanks to Yusuf, the last update has some awesome stuff.

Any news on the multiplayer and pit support?
    I'd gladly pay extra money to get my hands on it. :)

5. mattSydney

mattSydney

Hello Yusuf

I wonder if there is a way to reverse the waypoints so I could quickly create a duplicate of a track but racing in reverse. Or do i have to redo the waypoints the other way round
    cheers

6. raf_a

raf_a

Hi Yusuf,

How can I set up Throttle and Break in my Joystick? I´m using the Logitech g27.
    The wheel works fine, but no aceleration and break on pedals. :)

Thanks

Anyone knows how to do it?

7. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hey Eridani,
    Well, that features can be add without RGK or its source codes. I mean, collecting power ups part may be this is kinda tricky but missiles, slicks etc. these are game specific features. You can add this code without touching RGK Code.
    Collecting parts trick is, AI should steer to available powerup on track right? This part needs some brain :) Contact me if you interested that part.

Hi Bty,
    I started working MP of it but hit some problems. Meanwhile took a job for short term and had to postpope that. I'll start again after this job done.

Matt, this is great feature request actually. Currently no, there's no way to make it out of box. But i was just thinking that 2 days ago. Need same with current job :) Will be create a workaround script for that. If you interested I can send you after ...

Yo Rspa,
    If you're using RGKCar, please use RGKCar_C2_GamePad_Race component for controller. This handles steering wheels and joysticks and gamepads better. Then check the inputs about "ThrottleJoystick". I crated that for steering wheel. And write this name to "Control Throttle Axis Binding" and Control Brake Axis Binding properties in gamepad_race component. That will handle the steering wheels.

Cheers ya'll

8. jeremiasz

jeremiasz

Hi!
    Have you been thinking about adding Playmaker support? This would ease some game making stuff :) How hard would it be to use RGK for horse racing project? Does it support motorcycles? And is it compatible with Car Physics Assets available on asset store (e.g. Edy's, UnityCar, VCAR)?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  9. Bty

Bty

About the MP implementation.

I understand and knowing that you are working on it is excellent news indeed. Jut a tip, when you develop it, aim for a stand alone server solution, so we can host several games on a dedicated server.

P.S:Good luck with your project Yusuf.

10. JimRoot

JimRoot

Hey!

Do you have any News about the "Earth FX" Plugin?

11. s7ent

s7ent

The RGK built in vehicle physics is extremely unstable and jitters even with very low time steps. He has not replied to any of our support e-mails in almost 2 months. This is not the first time either.

12. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello everyone,
    New update dispatched to server. This update cover ai smoothing fix and respawn issues. Also added new properties to C2 Human Mobile Controllers for making steering sensitivity more accurate.

You can check release notes at http://www.unityracingkit.com/index.php/support/releasenotes/

Cheers

13. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

can you PM me your mail please? I'm curious which mail is postponed for "2 months" ...

14. Z31Turbo

Z31Turbo

$finishpoint.png

I bought RGK Pro a while ago. Either way, I try to create a sprint or anything requiring a finish point and it errors and says the finish point object (that RGK itself made) does not contain the finishpoint item - this is because of a space in the name of the component versus what its looking for I believe (no space is what its looking for)

15. Yusuf-AKDAG

Yusuf-AKDAG

Hello z31 Thank yo for heads up,
    I released a hotfix for this and some other issue. You can download from My Downloads page on RGK Website.

16. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Still developing?
    Whats up with the earth fx system?
    I am interested in a more free racing system with checkpoints where it is more focused on rally, mud, dust, damaged car parts and such and hoped this will developed also in this direction but the development goes realy slowly on and on for my feeling.
    I do not want to be disrespectfull but there are (sadly less) features promised or announced that droping slowly month after many month and i am getting slowly tired of the speed of the development.

17. dennis1980

dennis1980

hello. I have a problem with UnityCar20 controller. error is.

UnityCar20_AIController.cs(17,14): error CS0738: `UnityCar20_AIController' does not implement interface member `RacingGameKit.Interfaces.IRGKCarController.IsPreviouslyReversed.set' and the best implementing candidate `UnityCar20_AIController.Speed' return type `float' does not match interface member return type `void'

can you help me please

18. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

When I input in Unity 4.5 the Touch Drive Pro, all latest version I get this error:

Assets/_TouchDrivePro_Demo/Scripts/Basic Vehicle/RGK_BasicCar_Wheel.cs(18,18): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `RGK_BasicCar_Wheel'

Ok so this is solved by:

Please go to "Assets\_Racing Game Kit\Scripts" and delete "Basic Car" scripts folder. And reimport TouchDrive package.

But new issue created:

Assets/_Racing Game Kit/Editor/Inspectors/TouchDriveInspector.cs(30,27): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `RacingGameKit.Editors.Helpers.CoreFunctions.CreateTouchDriveInspector(RacingGameKit.TouchDrive.TouchDriveManager)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/_Racing Game Kit/Editor/Inspectors/TouchDriveInspector.cs(30,27): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `TouchDriveManager' expression to type `RacingGameKit.TouchDrive.TouchDriveManager'

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  19. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

20. faraz

faraz

I am having trouble with RGK. when i import package into unity then most of things like buildings,roads,signboard are gone white . i dont know why can you help me on this matter. i also made a video on how its looking checkout here. >

and please tell me what to do...

unity3diy

===================================================

21. kaz2057

kaz2057

Project is alive?

I m interested to buy this asset (Pro Source) to use for our racing game but I d like to know if developer is on the way :)

Thanks

22. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

He has been missing in action for some time, no updates for long time..

23. kaz2057

kaz2057

But now is in progress?
    You think author will continue to update the package?
    Thanks

24. SamehS

SamehS

I'm working in RGK pro-source version 1.1.640.0114 . The plugin contains sample of cars each car is a prefab and have same scripts and configuration that make the car work in the game . I need to make a custom car . When try to change the prefab , get two choices replace anywhere or don't replace . if select replace any where the scripts and its configuration lose . when try to put all scripts in a prefab object by the plugin menu and reference to it the car appear but doesn't move in the game play. I need any solution to make a custom car.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am working on a project with RGK pro source. But there is one problem. That is when i change platform from web player to Android, Throttle, breaks showson screen. But when i touch on it doesn't work. Throttle texture go in alpha but car doesn't move front. Now what should i do?

26. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hello Yusuf AGDAG are you still develope this?
    I do not reach you by mails and can not login to your forum.
    Please say something.

27. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Guy been missing for months now...

28. cl9-2

cl9-2

His last activity shows this week, but it appears he no longer replies to the forum or to the PM's.

Which likely means he is no longer interested in supporting his product.

Out of curiosity, I tried the downloadble RGK demo on Unity 5, and it's broken as well.

JamesArndt likes this.
  29. gulfam131

gulfam131

Hello MrEsquire, have you solved the touchdrive pro errors as you explain here. I am getting same errors. Please help me if you found any solution.
    Thanks.

30. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

So confirmed this is completely broken in Unity 5 correct? Is there anybody who knows how to resolve the Unity 5 issues? I'm interested in porting my karting project from 4.6 to 5 and using this kit vs. redoing all of my codebase from javascript to C#.

31. derkoi

derkoi

This was completely broken since it's released. It's abandoned. If you want a decent system for racing AI try this. It works well.

JamesArndt likes this.
  32. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Hey this actually looks pretty robust. Might be overkill for my port and I'm curious about it's usage in Unity 5 as well?

33. derkoi

derkoi

Message the dev, he's really active. I've been working on a racing game on and off in my spare time, had great results from iRDS but i've not used it in a while so can't say how well it works with Unity 5 but I can't see there'd be an issue.

JamesArndt likes this.
  34. Zireael07

Zireael07

The first post mentions a free version. Where can I find it? All google throws at me is paid versions...

JamesArndt likes this.
  35. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Go directly to his web site and you'll find the information.

36. Zireael07

Zireael07

37. Alex_V

Alex_V

Pretty sure this is dead, last update was 5 months ago.

38. Zireael07

Zireael07

Doesn't need to be alive, I just want the free version since it was promised and nowhere does it say it isn't available (FAQ and store and version pages all say to look at freebies section)

39. Alex_V

Alex_V

RGK Demo
    This is feature limited demo version allows you a sneak peak into RGK .

Coming Soon

...soon... I'm almost sure it was available at some point, possibly with one of the older versions but now it's gone.

40. mitis

mitis

I advise not to buy this asset author does not help either as a plus asset not worked out I've written several times to the author but he'll blame if in the course of the week there will be a deal so I'll distribute the source for everyone

cl9-2 likes this.
  41. AntySK

AntySK

Is it still possible to buy this package somewhere ?

42. AntySK

AntySK

Or does anybody have latest version of this asset ?

JamesArndt likes this.
  43. thestringer

thestringer

Makes no odds, you are unable to register it as the site has been down for some time, rendering the software demo only and that's only if you have a copy of it somewhere on your hdd's.