Search Unity

Racing AI - where to start learning?

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by TimTime, Jul 13, 2018.

1. TimTime

TimTime

So I'm new to AI and we all have to start somewhere, right? I'd like to develop a racing AI for my project, even worse, an AI that has to fly.
    Sadly, I can't really find any documentations, tutorials or videos that teach the basics and advanced AI programming, yet. Does anyone here have some tips for me where to start?
    Also, I'd like to know; can you actually use Unity's new machine learning agents for a game AI? Or is that for scientific purposes only?

Greetings!

2. JBR-games

JBR-games

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32351

This will get you started on AI using waypoints on a race track or flying around. This already allows the player to alter the ai coarse though bumping/pushing with the ai adjusting its coarse.

Yes you can use machine learning for ai, im sure itll take some time to learn and code properly. There are several examples of ai driving a coarse using ML. On youtube.

TimTime likes this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

I wanted to avoid using Unity3D AI ML solution. So I searched a lot, to find an alternative, without needing python etc, but just pure c#. So I found super source with an examples. Take a look at. Cool to learn. It maybe exactly what you need.

vincurekf and TimTime like this.
  4. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

I've done something like this. Neural networks and genetic algorithms work very well for this. Figure out what info your AI might need (likely the results of raycasts out in front of it plus maybe a general input direction.) Then figure out what your output should be (accelerate, brake, roll, pitch, yaw), then put a layer or two between them. Determine how to grade the performance of each bot (likely time without going off-road or distance or something) then "breed" the best out of each run.

TimTime and JBR-games like this.