Search Unity

RaceCraft Screens

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nickavv, Jan 17, 2007.

1. nickavv

nickavv

RaceCraft is coming along nicely! Targos is making me some insane tracks (thanks man!) and I have all three up and running! Some images are below, but the ones on top are newest.

NEWEST SCREEN: A really nice showoff of the new lap-counter, starting line, some of those Fire-particles you didn't really get to see in the last screen, and the new Anisotropic (spelling?) Shader working its beautiful chrome magic! n_n

Attached Files:

2. AaronC

AaronC

Im working on a couple for you moldorma, hopefully they work out. will be ready in a few hours...
    AC

3. nickavv

nickavv

Wow, that was fast. :p I'll take new screens with the levels in place when I get them (if they work out). n_n

4. AaronC

AaronC

Here
    AC

Attached Files:

5. pete

pete

probably not exactly what you're thinking and it'll need some tweaking but... last the post in this thread has some assets including a landscape with a "sort of" track you can download...

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2372

6. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Not to be a downer, but why can't you try and model some of these tracks on your own? What's the hold up?

7. AaronC

AaronC

Is that what you meant? Moldorma?
    AC

8. nickavv

nickavv

Targos, those are great. The textures don't seem to work though, so I might have to adjust the UVs and stuff. Also, I now may need to add a mechanism to right the craft when it tips over, which happens a lot on a bumpy course like these (because of the way I have it hover), and add some boundries so you cant drive all the way up those mountains. And Antenna, I can model objects or characters (to some degree) but I always have a hard time when it comes to landscapes. :p Don't know why.

9. nickavv

nickavv

Added a screeny of Targos' track in play. That was just careful screen-taking from me of course, because my controls are so messed up that any normal approach to driving this track would tip your craft over in a heartbeat. ;)

10. AaronC

AaronC

So did the textures not go on at all? Should've just dragged and dropped on...try that...They dont always just appear.
    Heres another. I'll email you later with more. Dont forget to PM me with a stronger brief
    AC

Attached Files:

11. nickavv

nickavv

I went into Blender and applied them as UVs there, and now they work. ;)

12. nickavv

nickavv

UPDATE: Came up with a new and better camera angle, added all of Targos' tracks with textures! And I added real "Daylight Water" to the Water course! How pensive of me! n_n Check out the Lava track screeny at the top with the new camera angle in play.

13. AaronC

AaronC

Click on the mesh in the project window then access the settings. Try softening the normals angle from 60 to 45 or so...Glad you like it, I really enjoy level design...
    AC

14. nickavv

nickavv

Where are those settings at? I can't find them...

15. freyr

freyr

It's in import settings in the context menu for the mesh asset.

16. AaronC

AaronC

Here. They only make a subtle difference. The smoothing angle of the normals...
    AC

Attached Files:

17. nickavv

nickavv

Right, found it now. Unity takes a while to import from Blender though (so I'll tell you how it went later).

18. nickavv

nickavv

Muwahaha. The lava track is starting to become more deadly. There's low hanging smoke, fire particles falling, and a full three computers plus you racing at once! The screen I took doesn't well show off the fire particles (there's just one in the top-right corner of the screen), but it does show the smoke and AI. I'll post a beta build when I have a GUI and a starting line working.

19. nickavv

nickavv

New screen. Wicked cool shader! n_n

20. AaronC

AaronC

Hey Moldorma, I've now shipped 12 levels to you. Hows the project going? Maybe you could post some updates and comment on the quality of the work I forwarded? It would be helpful for freelancing...Thanks...And dont forget to put my name in the credits and other IMPORTANT thing$
    AC

21. nickavv

nickavv

Yeah, Targos' stuff is wicked good. High quality models as well as textures and catchy music. I highly recommend him! And also, your money will be in the mail by later today. Just gotta stop by an ATM (which is very nearby my home). :D Anyways, the game is slightly on hold while I summon the cash for Unity. Bye all!

Moldorma

EDIT: Got your money. Will send shortly. ;)