Search Unity

rabid viral bug - what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by ron_packard, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ron_packard

ron_packard

in the past two days I've had 100,000 alerted bugs of InitializationException: Firebase modules failed to initialize: dynamic_links (missing dependency), invites (missing dependency).

Am I to believe I've had 100,000 attempted installs? My installs have only been in the 300 per day in the past. Granted I've done some SEO work recently.

is this the fix that will cure it? Is there a newer FireBase installation? Or we need to trap the exceptions?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...evance/firebase-talk/rqWZ2frS_VY/bde14Is9BQAJ

2. ron_packard

ron_packard

Is someone playing a trick on me? Because my google play doesn't say I've been having this many downloads. Or is this exception not really a problem? Because the app works for me...

Attached Files:

3. thomasn_unity

thomasn_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Ron,

The counter indicates how many times that particular exception has been reported. It is not a count of affected users; one user could report many exceptions. With the number of exceptions shown and the number of users you've indicated, I would suspect that this exception is happening inside an Update() method and is happening every frame. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Firebase and can't really give any advice on what might be going wrong beyond that.