Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

R/C helicopter simulator for iPhone

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by frozenpepper, May 23, 2009.

1. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Hi all!! I've nearly finished my new game wich is a radio controlled micro Helicopter simulator for the iPhone. You are going to control the chopper using multi-touch on the on screen controls, physics it's quite realistic but still "easy" to flight, and the scenario will be a big house (more a villa) with many rooms (around 15) to explore and flight trough.

As a first thing i'm releasing it just as simulator (0.99 - 1.99) price and soon after a game with missions and infra-red guns will come....

Here is a video that shows a little bit of the controls and the flight feel :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnaPBHeRiN4

Hope you'll enjoy it and comment....

Bye all and thanks for reading!

P.s my very first project when discovered unity in 2007 was something very similar (then trial expired...), and I'm very happy that i finally had the time to get back on that idea, also, while on the computer the controls were (are) quite difficult the iphone multi-touch made them really easy!

Attached Files:

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Looks cool. I've been thinking about getting into RC heli's so this is of particular interest to me. Unfortunately I don't have (nor do I have any plans of getting) an iPhone. :( You're use of the touch controls for the controls looks like you've implemented it very nicely. Good luck!

3. Matroblend

Matroblend

I don't think you need an iPhone a iTouch is great and does not cost to much.

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Ha! Thanks Matroblend. ;)

5. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Thanks! I'm actually thinking of getting making a web player so maybe you could try that (not to soon do...). As for real helicopters, the last one I bought (from wich I got the controls....) was 39$ and worked great with hundreds of crashes for long time (now one of the engines is burned...)

6. Samb88

Samb88

nice, I like it.
    but some thing I want to point out:
    - Whhhyyyyyyy must the player wait soo loooong to recharge the batterie? I mean, it drains so fast and needs ages to get refilled. it need so many time that you even have to make a blend in the video.
    maybe it's a simulator, but somewhere it's also a video game. don't let the player wait so long. make it quick with a short soundeffect. me as player would be frustrated everytime I have to refill the batterie.

- Music! Some chill-music. it feels so depressing without it...

- As you said, the game as it is now is just a "simulator". But you can still add some things that will make it more fun. Let the player collect tokens that will upgrade the batterie or let you fly faster.
    It's nothing complex, easy to make and will give the game more a "game" than a "tech demo" feeling.

Do you know the game "toy commander" on the dreamcast? That game got some missions that I was thinking of as soon as I saw your gameplay video. And that's a good sign! :)

7. frozenpepper

frozenpepper

Thanks for feedback!

Ok first of all the video was made just to show the controls, so by now, much more assets are in the game and textures are being fixed.

battery charge will be much faster, was one of the things i kept sayng to myself that i'll change soon or later... But thanks to your post I did it immediatly :)

Yes musician is working on electronic chill out music at the moment

at least for first version I was planning to have simulator, plus a "race" mode, where you will be timed while getting a "token" in every room of the house.

didnt know about "toy commander" but will surely check it up!

Thanks really a lot all for your time and comments!

8. chips

chips

This looks a very interesting game!
    I love air crafts simulations!

@bigkahuna
    I've got an I touch to develop and play the games, way more cheap, specially if you buy the 8Gb model!! :wink:

Let's see how this game works on iTouch!?