Search Unity

Quixel Megascans Bridge - Unity Livelink | Updates and Features

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Ajwad_Quixel, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Ajwad_Quixel

Ajwad_Quixel

Megascans Bridge Livelink for Unity

Important Note: We have moved this thread to our own forum. All future updates and features will be announced on the new forum thread.
    Forum thread link: https://help.quixel.com/hc/en-us/co...y-Livelink-Documentation-features-and-updates

Official forum thread of the Megascans LiveLink plugin for Unity 3d. This Livelink provides one-click export to Unity from Bridge.

Core Features
    • Create a clean asset hierarchy
    • Import textures and geometry (including LODs)
    • Create materials and prefabs
    • Channel pack textures
    • Support for all official render pipelines
    • Automatic LOD setup.
    Utilities:
    • Generate terrain normals (flipped Y-axis (green channel))
    • Layer based terrain painting setup.
    Megascans
    Bridge
    LiveLink Official Documentation

Support

Quixel on AssetStore <3

Workflow:
    (Unofficial but new workflow)

(Official but deprecated workflow)

The Quixel engineering team can work with you to support any custom exporters or exporter improvements you develop on your own, as part of the official Megascans Bridge release version. For such collaborations, reach out to support@quixel.se.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Zimnel

Zimnel

Could we have a new video with the actual system? : ) Not deprecated, I mean. Thanks in advance!

newguy123 likes this.
  3. Ajwad_Quixel

Ajwad_Quixel

I have recorded a quick tutorial and linked that in the original thread until the content evangelist team can get an official tutorial out. Let me know if you run into any problem. Good luck! :)

4. rmagid

rmagid

Is there a workflow for asset integration into Unity without an internet connection? Many studios have no direct internet connection rather have to download assets through a portal. Can the plugin be used without bridge by simply downloading the asset from megascans and then importing somehow into Unity?

5. Ajwad_Quixel

Ajwad_Quixel

Hi @rmagid this is not possible at the moment. The JSON data that is downloaded with the asset from the website has a lot of information which is heavily filtered before sending it to the Unity livelink.

6. Rich_A

Rich_A

Is there any way to edit Quixel Mixer files and see the results/changes directly within Unity? Editing materials without the scene (its objects and lighting) for reference is very difficult...

7. Ajwad_Quixel

Ajwad_Quixel

Sorry this is not possible at the moment. Main purpose of this livelink is to provide one click exports from Quixel Bridge to Unity.

8. petr0nije

petr0nije

Hello, i like quixel sooo much and thank you all for the hard work there! I just got few questions.
    Whichever unity I use i get the same error. Please can you tell ne what is it all about? I cant's see the all LOD objects.
    And will all this be compatible with newest unity 2019.3? Is there any unity version that this megascans can work properly? many thanks in advance!
    Screenshot_13.png

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  9. tvmandani

tvmandani

i m using unity version 2019.2.12f1 and i m not able to import the live link in unity whenever i install it on unity , i get errors and the quixel window is also not avaliable

10. lukaskello02

lukaskello02

Are you allowed to post videos of your work with quixel megascan on youtube?

And can i use it safe to not risking to break any agreements with unity. I asked some guys on a discord server and they told that it was not allowed so that was why i came here.
    I like the idea of this but dont want to get in trouble for anything.
    I hope to get some answers:)

11. Roboserg

Roboserg

Why was it removed from Unity?

Zante likes this.
  12. Zante

Zante

Is this dead now?

13. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

14. Zarconis

Zarconis

Yep it still works, for the packed HDRP mat's however you have to import it select the shader and then re-import it. Also don't add the JSON .DLL into your project when you add the bridge package.

15. Thr3dee

Thr3dee

Just wondering if you've had any luck with newer versions of Unity/HDRP?

And if not what was the last Unity version (and HDRP version) you were able to successfully import Megascans fron Bridge to unity?