Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Quicktime movie into unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by yellowlabrador, Feb 27, 2006.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hello all,

Just wanted to know if I can add a short quicktime movie in unity. The movie will be activated by a trigger or script to play when a new level is being loaded.

Thanks,
    Ray

2. jeremyace

jeremyace

Try a search for quicktime, there has been a fair amount of talk about this. AFAIK, it involves setting you quicktime movie up as an animated texture on an object and playing it that way.

-Jeremy

3. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hi Jeremy,

thanks will try and play with it that way.

Ray

4. jeremyace

jeremyace

There is no support in Unity to play compressed quicktime yet though. So full intro movies are not going to work, and (don't take my word on this, I don't remember exactly) your movie has to be a power of 2 in size just like the textures. I think the devs have heard about the need for it though and I am sure it will be added soon.

Good luck!
    -Jeremy