Search Unity

Quick Set Object Placer

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Forensics, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Forensics

Forensics

Hi everyone,

$quicksetbanner.png

I just released a new editor extension. Its called the Quick Set Object Placer, and its an object painting and snapping utility.

Fundamentally, its a tool for placing game objects in your scene where you want them with a single click of the mouse. It includes a customizable grid, and an array of snapping options. You can paint objects while snapping any combination of the x, y, and z axes. You can automatically set a coordinate, while snapping the other two. For example, I often set the z coordinate, while snapping the x and y coordinates. This is especially useful in 2d.

It also comes with a snapping window, for snapping game objects that are already in the scene.

Here is a short video showing some of the core features.

I'm hoping to make this thread the future home for any questions that people have about the Quick Set Object Placer.

You can buy it here

Best to all.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Tazza08

Tazza08

Hi, i havent downloaded yet, but having watched the video on youtube i can see this is a similar thing to what im looking for, is it easy to change placing an object onto a grid into an in game function?

I have a gui set up and im hoping to click on an item in the gui and then snap it to a grid.

Thanks, it looks great by the way!

3. Forensics

Forensics

Hi Tazza08,

The Quick Set Object Placer is an editor script so it does't work at runtime, but a lot of the code for placing a game object in the scene where a user clicks would be similar.

If you don't want to download the paid version you can get the free version here. The paid version is much more powerful, but this could get you started. If you look through the code you might be able to adapt it to your own uses.

Tazza08 likes this.
  4. Tazza08

Tazza08

Brilliant! Thanks I'll give it a try!

5. Rick-

Rick-

Does it work with Unity 5?

6. pjburnhill

pjburnhill

Hey, I really like this tool and would like to use it in Unity 5, but unfortunately the red dot appears really far from the cursor so it's really difficult to place objects.. Is this something you could fix for Unity5?

Thanks!
    PJ