Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Quick introduction to Sequences video in case useful

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by akent99, Sep 25, 2021.

1. akent99

akent99

Hi, just sharing a short video on how I am using the new Unity Sequences package. (I have described in other threads in these forums before sometimes, but this is a quick video showing what I did.) Briefly introduces sequences, then goes off track and shows how I have adapted them for my personal workflow. Quick and dirty video, but sharing in case useful to anyone else to get a bit of a feel of how to use them.

I also include a script that I use instead of Sequence Assembly to add things to timelines (because I don't like timelines per character - I want timelines per shot).

Code I use instead of "Sequence Assembly" and "Asset Collections": https://gist.github.com/alankent/a8df5d39eff57b7db2afcead1185bee0

I forgot to mention the Timeline lock icon in top right corner of Timeline is your friend! Essential for your sanity using it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    pKallv, marc_tanenbaum and newguy123 like this.
  2. newguy123

newguy123

Thanks for putting this together. I'm sure it will help a lot of newbies like me understand things easier.

3. akent99

akent99

In case anyone comes across this thread, I am throwing up some quick to make videos into this youtube playlist

Unity + VRoid Studio
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-EY6SsWRcVMoMwACI9daBJE8_BQoAlao

The last 3 episode livestreams are me explaining more like 'i wanted to achieve X so I did Y and Z' rather than talking about a specific feature. More stream of consciousness recordings than quality with a script. But I suspect there is not a large audience. (Okay, I have the analytics to PROOVE there is not a large audience .)

newguy123 likes this.
  4. ellka

ellka

Unity Technologies

At least I can tell you that we're listening! There are precious feedback in this video!
    Thanks for all that!

5. Enigma229

Enigma229

I don't see Sequences in the package manager (2021.1.23f1+HDRP)

6. akent99

akent99

I don’t recall if the “show preview packages” in 2021.1 package manager will show it.. I am using a 2021.2 beta, which includes the new “features” support.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  7. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Officially, Sequences premieres in 2021.2. But you can still get it in 2020.3 or 2021.1 by following these steps:

Find the + button in the upper left corner of Package Manager, select 'Add package from git URL...' then type in
    com.unity.sequences

akent99 likes this.
  8. akent99

akent99

ellka likes this.
  9. Fred693

Fred693

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022