Search Unity

Feedback quick glance

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by laurentlavigne, Jul 22, 2021.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

i'm familiar with opsive's behavior designer and node canvas so my lens is those 2 great interfaces
    i was not expecting this level of ergonomics but what i found in statemachine was very hard to use
    please take a look at those 2 packages and take a few hints from them on how the links are pulled, broken and the general layout of the ui
    also the interface looks like a standalone and ignores the visual language of the animator interface so this needs breadcrumbs
    i hope this will mature soon as i will be using an FSM in the next game

2. theor-unity

theor-unity

Unity Technologies

Bolt being integrated into unity is brand new ; to date we've mostly made it a package and fixed a bunch of issues. We're aware of a lot of usability issue and the disconnect between it and the other graph tools in unity, and we're working on that: first we need to separate bolt's authoring and runtime sides, then we'll replace the front-end by Gtf, the framework meant to power all unity graph tools.

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

gotcha! sounds like a rewrite is easier on you all :D

4. SurreyMuso

SurreyMuso

the reply from @theor-unity is the perfect ripost to those who are upset by not getting Bolt 2. The team at Ludiq were great - very talented people - but Bolt needs to be integrated, not work through APIs and slow interfaces.

I'm hugely impatient for the new authoring and runtime options. I'll happily sign up for the Alpha/Beta when it comes out. Can't wait!

PS: @theor-unity - I want your job!

FernandoMK and theor-unity like this.
  5. theor-unity

theor-unity

Unity Technologies

Apply at Unity - who knows, maybe you'll get it!