Search Unity

Question Questions to continues movement with Index (Unity 2021.3.11f1)

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Pergo47, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Pergo47

Pergo47

Hello UDC! Sorry in advance for my broken english.

I'm currently working on a VR Unity project in the above mentioned LTS version. Currently i'm trying to get my "PlayerCameraRig" to have continues movement when using the index controllers, but i don't seam to be able to get it to work. I have tried the following and a few other things:

-Following online tutorials on costume scripts for index controllers (with no luck)
    -"Converting" a standart PC keyboard script to use Index inputs. -Using the default XRinteraction kit to try and build a input system.
    -Adding alot of random compontents like snap-turn and teleport to try and get any movement.
    -Editing prefab scripts that should work for other controllers (Vive and Occulus).

It also terrifies me that when i read online they say that the 2020 version is "allegedly unsupported" by current SteamVR and OpenVR.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope my explanation is adequate. ^v^
    Otherwise feel free to ask away for any info needed!

PS: i should mention that the index models that are in the current project do track and move the thumb-stick when i do it irl, so i would assume that it dose have SOME input.