Search Unity

Questions - Regarding organization work environment

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by DSivtsov, Oct 30, 2020.

1. DSivtsov

DSivtsov

I made fork of project & clone to local repo, but when i first load & run project. I found some issues regarding which additional (right/standart) steps must made to have possibilities for collective work under this project:

I read the FAQ & saw "Dapper Dino" video but some questions still exist:

1 Question:. At current time the current realize Unity 2019.4.11f1 the noticed package will load automatically with demanded version?
    2 Question:How it made - automatically with Unity 2019.4.11f1 or it additionally set in some config files?

3. In project use the Input System (new), in my case, I have some issue with load project. To decide this problem, I Created the standard setting for Input System (inputsettings.asset) and turn off joysticks.
    Question: Is it ok (and has to do everyone) or "standard setting for Input System" must be created automatically by script at first start game?

4. After some tunnings in project some standard asses was changes and began showing in git status for next commit, because current .gitignore in (open-project-1\UOP1_Project) doesn't exclude it (exclude manually it isn't a problem):
    modified: UOP1_Project/ProjectSettings/Packages/com.unity.polybrush/Settings.json
    modified: UOP1_Project/ProjectSettings/Packages/com.unity.probuilder/Settings.json
    modified: UOP1_Project/ProjectSettings/Packages/com.unity.progrids/Settings.json
    UOP1_Project/Assets/InputSystem.inputsettings.asset
    UOP1_Project/Assets/InputSystem.inputsettings.asset.meta
    Question: Is it ok? Why doesn't change corresponding .gitignore to automatically exclude files which has not to track and replicate when changed on the server (because this situation error-prone)?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020