Search Unity

Question Questions about where to get started with simple leg IK and overall approach?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CatDadJynx, Jul 26, 2021.

1. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

Hello, I'm looking to add IK to my player model's legs (a non humanoid animation/rig)... I know there are tons of tutorials (and assets) but I feel like I've exhausted all of them trying to understand how I should even be trying to set this up and/or what the overall approach should be. Up until this point I've simply been using animation clips, but I did create the model/rig/animations myself in blender so I am somewhat familiar with rigging/animation/forward kinematics, just struggling to understand how I would go about adding in IK... can anyone either point me towards any more comprehensive resources (that'll break it down a little better) and/or explain it like I'm 5? Any help is appreciated, thanks

2. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

Lol anyone?

3. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

Still cant seem to wrap my head around what I should be doing here

4. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

5. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

Anyone? Anyone at all?

6. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

So I've managed to get as far as Unity's animation rigging and attempting to add two bone IK but I still dont understand how to set everything up properly, the documentation doesn't seem to be particularly thorough in explaining it, tbh. Not sure if this is because I'm using a generic rig as opposed to humanoid or what

7. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Hey there, I'll forward this to the team internally and see if I can get an answer to help you resolve your issue :)!

8. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

Thanks!

9. CatDadJynx

CatDadJynx

At this point I've found the Blender to Rigify part of the manual and am attempting to use the Blender add on but having issues with it not showing up in Blender like its supposed to, so im currently trying to troubleshoot that.