Search Unity

Question Questions about using Unity offline for Unity Pro/ Plus users

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YTCK, Nov 22, 2022.

1. YTCK

YTCK

Hi everyone,

There are some questions regarding using the Unity editor in offline mode for Unity Pro/Plus users.

1. As I know, users can activate their licenses without an internet connection. But do they need to reconnect to the internet from time to time to keep using Unity in offline mode? Like once per week? Once a month?

2. The FAQ (Can I use my license offline?) mentioned that users cannot access certain features if they use the license offline. What if they temporarily connect to the internet, download the package they need, and then go back to offline mode? Or can they pack the package and transfer it between computers by using a USB?

3. Unity allows each license key to be activated on two machines simultaneously. Can the offline mode users enjoy this benefit too? Like they can manually activate the license key in two different computers and use them simultaneously.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

1. You shouldn't need to, unless your machine configuration changes (like you reinstall the OS, swap out the hard drive, etc).
    2. You can do either of those things. Those are technical, not legal limitations.
    3. I think so, does that not work?

3. YTCK

YTCK

Thanks for your reply.
    3. I haven't tried it yet.

Except for manual activation, is it possible to activate the license via Unity Hub as usual (with an internet connection), then discount the internet and keep using it? I tested it yesterday. It seems to work. However, it is not included in the documentation. Do you know if there are any consequences for doing so?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You can totally do it. It doesn't count as offline activation because you need to be online at the moment of activation. The actual process is the same, it's just that instead of manually copying files around, it does a direct web request to our servers.

5. YTCK

YTCK

Just want to clarify, do you mean after the activation is done, I don't need to connect to the internet when using Unity?

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Correct.