Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Questions about the use of linux (have head server)

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by dzjf525, Feb 23, 2023.

1. dzjf525

dzjf525

hi, i have a question i want to ask

At the beginning, we started the program directly with linux, but we couldn't connect to the service normally.
    Then I checked the previous posts and realized that it was a problem with the headless server.
    So we installed ubuntu-desktop and used Microsoft RDP to remote to the server (graphical) to run the project

Things are ok here, we can connect to the server normally at this time
    But when we try to hide this graphical interface on the premise of having a head, we have a question:

We are not sure whether the server must have a graphical interface to render images under the condition of having a head, and then convert the images into video streams for transmission.

If a graphical interface is definitely needed, it is meaningless for us to try not to pop up the graphical interface, or to set the graphical interface to a transparent state.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you!

2. dzjf525

dzjf525

work process:
    1. Use the ssh terminal connection to run the prompt: a third-party software is required to process the X11 forwarding request
    upload_2023-2-23_17-47-53.png
    2. After installing ubuntu-desktop in the system, use Microsoft RDP to remote to the server (graphical desktop) and the project runs normally

3. dzjf525

dzjf525

In addition, I would like to ask, when will the headless server be supported, and I am looking forward to this new service:)

4. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

5. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

Basically, Unity needs the graphics hardware and driver to render graphics. When using GLCore as a graphics API on Linux, Unity requires X11.

6. dzjf525

dzjf525

ok.thanks for you reply