Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Questions about the sample scene

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by VolvoCarsMrX, Aug 27, 2021.

1. VolvoCarsMrX

VolvoCarsMrX

Hi,

I am testing out the Render Streaming sample package with the sample scene provided but got a few questions.

Unity Editor Version: 2019.4.19f1
    RenderStreaming version: 3.1.0-exp.1
    Hosting environment: Windows 10 64bit, with NVidia P5000 (driver 471.68)

Q1: Why the two-camera setup?

Q2: When I try to remove the second camera from the scene, streaming stops working.

Q3: When I try to open it from multiple browsers on multiple devices at the same time, the first client gets control/input of the camera1 and the second client gets control of camera2. Then a 3rd web client gets no control. If I refresh any of the web pages now, it will steal the control of camera1, so the other clients lose all control. I would love to understand the mechanism behind this.

Thanks!

2. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

3. VolvoCarsMrX

VolvoCarsMrX

Thanks for the guidance!

I tried to modify the webapp but it wasn't as straightforward as commenting out some code.

Then I realized that the multi-camera setup was introduced in version 2.0.0, so I downgraded it to 1.2.2 and both the webapp and the sample scene was more close to my use case.

However, the stability of the connection became much worse. The connection is failing to be establish with following error message:

Code (JavaScript):
    1. Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'addIceCandidate' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Error processing ICE candidate

4. QiannanWei

QiannanWei

About the Q1 and Q2,you can modify the main and video-player in UnityRenderStreaming-release-3.0.1\WebApp\public\videoplayer\js ,like the picture commenting out some code.There will be only one camera in the browser.
    upload_2021-9-7_17-9-52.png upload_2021-9-7_17-9-28.png upload_2021-9-7_17-10-28.png

VolvoCarsMrX likes this.
  5. VolvoCarsMrX

VolvoCarsMrX

Thanks for the tips! I tried to build the webapp following the steps here. But it turned out that the outcoming executable is not accepting any argument as it should, as the following cmd output showing.

Code (JavaScript):
    1.  ./webserver_custom -w -p 80
    2. morgan deprecated undefined format: specify a format ../../../../../../snapshot/WebApp/build/server.js:0:0
    3. morgan deprecated default format: use combined format ../../../../../../snapshot/WebApp/build/server.js:0:0
    4. start as undefined mode
    5. http://127.0.0.1:61623
    6. http://192.168.1.70:61623
    7. http://10.73.11.197:61623

6. QiannanWei

QiannanWei

Did you regenerate the pack_webapp?

7. VolvoCarsMrX

VolvoCarsMrX

Yes, I reran
    npm run build && npm run pack
    after the modification. But the executable is not accepting arguments.

I also tried to run with npm without packing by
    npm run dev -- -w -p 8080
    but even this is not working. I have this revision of the source code checked out.

Thanks!

8. QiannanWei

QiannanWei

Can you tell me your email address? I'll send you my modified code

9. VolvoCarsMrX

VolvoCarsMrX

Hi,

Sent in PM. Thanks!