Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about the analytics dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Anastja_, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Anastja_

Anastja_

Hi there,

I have some questions about the dashboard and custom events.

Let's say I have a CustomEvent called:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Analytics.CustomEvent("resourcesSpent", new Dictionary<string, object>{
    2. {"sceneName", -name-},
    3. {"wareOne",  amount},
    4. {"wareTwo", amout},
    5. {"wareThree", amout}
    6. }
    And I have two different scenes where I'm using this Event.

Example
    day 1: 100 wood and 50 gold spent in scene 1; 20 wood,0 gold and 10 iron spent in scene 2
    day 2: 40 wood, 20 gold and 10 iron spent in scene 1; 0 wood, 20 gold and 20 iron spent in scene 2
    day3: ...
    I want to know how much players spend in general in total. (This should be easy, right?)
    I also want to compare where players spend the resources (in scenes). Is it possible to compare all three wares between the scenes over a period of time (eg. one graph for wood scene 1, on graph for wood scene 2, one graph for gold scene 1 and so on). Would this be possible with only one event? Or do i have to make seperate events for scene 1 and 2?

Thanks in advance!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You are referring to "spend", do you mean real dollars? That is, they pay $1.99 for 50 Gold Coins. I would highly suggest you create a test project, and send a few events, then build your report. The only place your parameter values are available are on the Funnel page, so you will want to focus there. But it won't produce the reports that you need unfortunately. The Analytics Dashboard only provides aggregated (summary) values only, like total spend across all users or average spend across all users.

3. Anastja_

Anastja_

No, i mean spending the ingame-resources. I want to know, where users spend and get their resources (GetResources would be another event).

by funnel page you mean the data explorer?
    If so, then displaying total gold spent/received on day 1/2/3 wont be a problem? The only "problem" would be comparing different sites?
    Can I display more than one custom event in the data explorer?

I already have a test project, but there is no data for now, so I can't really test all the stuff I want to test.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, I mean the Funnel page, the parameters won't be visible on Data Explorer. But it could sum up all GoldSpent events. You don't need to test "all the stuff", just get started! The Dashboard will allow you to display more than one Custom Event, please give a try. Your Dashboard should already have some events on it. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsFunnels.html

5. Anastja_

Anastja_

Well, then I misunderstood the data explorer.

Why can I add a custom event with parameters here?

Attached Files:

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, that works, but you can only Sum/Average the values (aggregation)