Search Unity

Questions about new cloud diagnostics

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by liortal, Nov 6, 2018.

1. liortal

liortal

Hi

Just read the blog post about the name change and features.

I have 2 quick questions:

1. Is this service still alpha / beta, or can we use it for production games?
    2. What Unity versions are supported? we are currently on 2017.1.1, is it supported?

2. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

Hi!

The service is officially released - you can use this in your production games. Editor version 2017.1 is supported, though you will not have access to Custom Metadata or Debug Logs for your crash and exception reports. Those are newly added features that require 2018.3.

3. liortal

liortal

Thanks for the quick reply!

Where can i read about both of those features and what are they really ? (custom metadata and debug logs)

4. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

I'd recommend reading the "What’s new in 2018.3 Beta" section of this blog post. (Performance Reporting is the crash and exception features of Unity Cloud Diagnostics, so everything you read in that post applies to those features.)

5. QuadomSoft

QuadomSoft

Hello Unity Diagnostics team,
    We just start using Unity Diagnostics and seems to be the tool that we wanted for long time ago, so thanks for the great job. :)
    After we have start using it we encounter one issue, and maybe you can help us. In our case one unity project is more than 5 different games. We have a framework and we build the games in the same project with framework. Each time we make a build for a game we have an automation system that sets the specific icons, splashscreesn, bundleID,etc for the game, but we can't automate to set the Unity Diagnostics ID for the game, we need to do it manually. Is there an option to do that?

Thanks