Search Unity

Question: tracking and correctly displaying individual user data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by corugnoll, Jan 9, 2019.

1. corugnoll

corugnoll

Hi everyone!
    First up: I am not very good with analytics, I might get many terms wrong or confuse them, so please forgive me if that happens.
    I have been searching the forums for this question already, but didn't find anything (which might be due to me not knowing the right terms etc.).

We have the beta of our new game coming up (which is going to consists of ~100-300 people) and I want to implement certain tracking features for it.
    While I know how to get anonymous data with Unity Analytics (we did this during the beta and runtime of our last game ~2 years ago), this time i also want to gather individual data from the unique user (which wasnt supported back then)

Basically what i want to be able to do is this:
    - See individual data for one user and their individual playthrough. For example seeing: "user X stopped at LEVEL y" and then look into other data i received from this player (which skills did they use, how often did they sound the alarm [its a stealth game] etc.) to identify why they might have quit.
    With this I also want to identify "player types" to see which players react in which way to certain parts of our game.

If this isn't supported by default, is there a way to use unique events and maybe send some sort of meta-data that allows me to identify a player and then sort the events by that meta-data using the unity analytics web interface? Basically displaying me "all data from player X"?

I know this can probably done by creating a unique user ID ourselves, writing into the data and then export the RAW Data and write our own tools to display and sort things correctly. But we do not have budget or time for that. At least i wouldn't know how to do this without it being out of scope for us.

TLDR: Is there ANY way to get individual data by unique users to see THEIR playthroughs of our game that can be displayed using the unity analytics web interface?

Regarding the legal side of things: This is only relevant for our beta, where we make users sign an agreement that makes all that stuff work legally. So don't worry about that part of things.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D