Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[QUESTION] Tilemaps and Colliders

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by sniffle63, Mar 9, 2019.

1. sniffle63

sniffle63

Hello!
    I have two questions, and im pretty sure i know the asnwer to the first question, the first one being;

Is there currently a way to add physics to tilemaps in Unity Tiny? Or do we have to use box and circle colliders ontop of the tilemap.
    Theres a statement in the documents that says
    "Note that the Physics2D module does not interact with the Tile collider yet."
    So im going to say thats a hard no, and we do need to add the physics in ourselves by overlapping colliders onto the tilemap. But i jsut wanted to confirm it sense i had a question about that anyways..

I went ahead and overlapped colliders onto where i drew my tilemap, but when i run my game in the browser the colliders are not in the same place as where i put them in the scene

2019-03-09_17-49-35.gif

2. sniffle63

sniffle63

Ok so it seems like you cant change the pivot of colliders from (0.5, 0.5) having the pivot on anyhting but that makes the collider not in the same spot when the game is ran as what is shown in the editor. You have to move the transform position and leave the pivot at (0.5, 0.5)

2019-03-09_19-58-45.gif 2019-03-09_19-59-57.gif

Im assuming this is a bug.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019