Search Unity

Question regarding the visibility of particles

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by J-Israelsson, Aug 28, 2005.

1. J-Israelsson

J-Israelsson

Hi!

I have a newbie question regarding a strange behaviour of particles when seen through "glass" (semitransparent texture). Please have a look at my screen dumps below:

When I look fairly straight on through my "glass", the particles outside are not visible. However when I tilt my view slightly up they suddenly becomes visible:

The texture for I have used to make my "glass" is an alpha-diffuse shader with a white image with a light grey alpha channel. I should also mention that the glass is modeled as having two polygin sides with a slight depth so that the glass is visible from both the inside and the outside. I'm using Unity Indie v1.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.2 on a Mac mini with a Radeon 9200.

Thanks in advance for any tips on how I might fix this. And thanks OTEE for a great product.

Johan Israelsson

2. nmceri

nmceri

I'm getting behavior like this with an alpha diffuse shader and particles also. The weird thing is that even though the particles should be in front of the object with the alpha shader, they either appear behind it or disappear when they come between the object and the camera. I haven't figured out what's going on or how to fix it yet, but it behaves similarly on 3 different powerbooks i've tested, don't know the specs offhand though.