Search Unity

question regarding testing

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Sylvir, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Sylvir

Sylvir

hey,

So I am just wanted to make sure that while in testing periods before the game is actually published using unity ads is there anything special i need to do so that the account wont turn up that i am accessing add impressions while i test out how they come up on my device and when they are triggered etc? Just don't want it to appear like i am trying to manufacture impressions or anything like that. I do want to test when and how they appear and how often etc. I would also like to do some pretty intensive testing to make sure that they arn't coming up too frequently in the run of play etc.

Is there a way to implement them but not have them "live" so while testing the add impressions and stuff that are generated do not count for the total impressions until the game actually goes live on the app store?

Thanks

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Can't you just use test mode, to verify that ads shows as expected in your game?

Otherwise, please contact Sales (see http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Contact/contactus) if you need to reset your account. Although I would recommend you to use test mode while developing and testing your game.

/Rasmus

3. Sylvir

Sylvir

i was not aware there was a test mode. that was kind of my question i apologize for the bad wording. I have not looked into or attempted to use untiy ads yet. I was just trying to understand how testing worked before i dove into it. I will just use the testing mode then thank you

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Sylvir likes this.