Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Question regarding screen recording on mobile devices

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by unity_13D8D242FA3D74A84FC9, Apr 8, 2024.

1. unity_13D8D242FA3D74A84FC9

unity_13D8D242FA3D74A84FC9

Hi.
    On android and iOS I would like to have a function for recording the scene into a video (like a character being animated), the video would later be shared but that's not the point. I already did some research, found a couple of plugins, and as I understand they use platform specific libraries to do the recording (like mediaRecorder on android). This way it records the whole screen, prompting for user to give the app permission to record. This is unwanted behaviour for me, because I don't need the whole screen to be recorded and wouldn't like to prompt the user for permissions if the only thing being recorded is the game. Is there a better a way to do this? Any help will be appreciated!