Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

question regarding issue #1189089

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by _met44, Apr 21, 2020.

1. _met44

_met44

2. Metron

Metron

My interpretation would be that this will not be backported to 2019.3.

As they say in their comment, it a rewrite of the name handling (which is considered being a new feature). And such a rewrite is most likely not backported.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

That should not be part of the resolution note header for cases that were closed as postponed. Sorry, for the confusion. I've asked the devs if this can be adjusted.

It's listed under the known issues section. It hasn't been addressed yet. I've reached out to the team and it is on their backlog but we can't provide an ETA at this time.

_met44 likes this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

The resolution note on the public issue says: "Requires a system rewrite of how we handle main object name. This is considered a feature"
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...hen-parent-scriptable-object-asset-is-renamed

AssetDatabase v2 is available in Unity 2019.4 too. This bug is quite a dealbreaker to work with ScriptableObject assets for me and I would like to know whether it gets fixed in 2019.4.

The public issue reads like it's fixed for Unity 2021.1 only.

I'm working with nested ScriptableObject assets a lot. If the fix won't land in 2019.4 and future 2020.4, it makes not much sense to use AssetDatabase v2 for the next 2-3 years (for me).

Which would be a bummer, because AssetDatabase v2 was advertised as the better/faster replacement and I would like to enjoy fast asset refreshes when I switch between applications.

SugoiDev likes this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I've brought this up internally and will get back to you.

Peter77 likes this.
  6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

_met44 and Peter77 like this.
  7. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

That's good news indeed, thank you for the update!

LeonhardP likes this.
  8. _met44

_met44

Awesome news indeed ! thanks a lot (b14 is a godsend, feels like works better than anything before haha :D)

LeonhardP likes this.