Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding importing Robotic Warehouse Prefab

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by shivam4tech, Mar 23, 2023.

1. shivam4tech

shivam4tech

Hi Everyone,

I have cloned the Robotic Warehouse package (Github link- https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Robotics-Warehouse) in a new unity project. Then I opened the repo with Universal Render Pipeline (URP). Further, I created a scene and generated a warehouse prefab. This prefab is saved and then I created a unity package of this prefab by selecting dependencies and exporting the package. When I am trying to load this prefab into another project, I get warnings of the Prefab has missing scripts and does not render properly. Attached is the screenshot for this. Screenshot (748).png Is this due to the difference in rendering pipelines of the prefab and the project where I am loading this prefab? I also created a new URP project and imported this warehouse prefab but it didn't work.
    I am a beginner in unity and any help regarding this would be valuable. Let me know if you have further questions or clarifications needed.
    My unity version is 2021.3.9f1 for both the robotic warehouse and the project where I am trying to import the prefab.

Thanks

2. ActiveSim

ActiveSim

Like the message sad, I think it is more an issue with missing parts in the prefabs then with the render pipeline. Did you export all dependencies as well?

3. shivam4tech

shivam4tech

Thanks for the reply. I selected all the dependencies by clicking "Select Dependencies" of the prefab twice to ensure they were exported. Also, an observation, while importing the prefab, I am able to see the prefab correctly in the preview. After finishing the import, it somehow breaks and does not show. Is exporting only the prefab the correct way or do we have to export the complete warehouse URP project/asset? Attached is the screenshot of the preview. Thanks.
    Screenshot (749).png

4. ActiveSim

ActiveSim

I thought that would work, but it is hard to tell without having a direct view. I hope you got it running.

5. shivam4tech

shivam4tech

Sadly, it didn't. However, I did manage to get it running now. I had to use the Robotic warehouse asset in the main project to make it work. Maybe my approach of creating a prefab in another project and using it in the main project is not correct. Still, appreciate your help with the issue.