Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on using post processing from the package manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Shadowing, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Shadowing

Shadowing

so I removed the 2017 version of post processing that I got from the asset store.
    then I installed the one in Package Manager.
    I think the newest version has change a ton?

To add post processing I add Post Process Volume right?
    I create a profile an then when I look for what effect I want to add there is no Antialiasing effect to add in the list?

2. M_R

M_R

3. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

@M_R is correct.

For a little bit of context, the version of Post-Processing you get from Package Manager today is what we colloquially referred to as "Post-Processing Stack v2" for a while.
    Maybe the stack you had in your project was v1?

v1 only had the concept of a component which you would put on the Camera, which contained all of the "stack" (meaning all of the effects in one, stacked on top of each other). And yes, AA was on that.
    v2 introduces the concept of volumes, mostly done through Colliders but you can also have "global" volumes that don't have a placement in space, but affect the Camera anywhere it is. In v2 AA is not on volumes because it doesn't make sense to change AA per-camera or per-volume, so it's centralised on the component called "Post-Processing Layer".

The wiki posted by @M_R is a good starting point to learn about it.

4. Shadowing

Shadowing

Thanks guys for the help.
    I got the post processing layer all working good now.
    haven't been able to get volumes to work though.

I added bloom effect. Changing the knobs has no effect. Unless it only works during Run time?

bloom does exist in the scene though. If I adjust the emission settings on the shader the bloom changes. Theres no bloom spread showing though at all.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  5. Shadowing

Shadowing

@cirocontinisio
    idk i still can't get bloom or any post processing to work using the volume component.
    Must be something im missing. I read the link @M_R posted. I don't see what im doing wrong.

The model I am trying to add bloom too is one of the layers selected on the Post Processing Layer component

6. Shadowing

Shadowing

I finally got bloom to work. For starters though post processing stack was out of date apparently. It didn't show up as out of date until it was 2 versions out of date.
    I notice that depth blur was working so decided to mess with bloom some more.
    I set soft Knee to 1 and it created a really bad result.
    But i was like wow at least its doing something now.
    Then I set threshold to 0 and now everything works.
    so it was tripping up.

Seems to be a weird bug going on with the controls. Some how i got it to reset it self and start working correctly.
    now everything works as if there was never a issue.

7. aadityaFF009

aadityaFF009

Hello, I'm trying to use the Post Processing stack V 2.1.2 . But I can't use the Ambient Occlusion effect because there's an error ("multi scale volumetric obscurance requires compute shader support"). because of this error, the effect is grayed out in the inspector. What can I do to solve this?

Here's how it looks in inspector.

8. YondernautsGames

YondernautsGames

Is there a way to use the package manager post processing stack in Unity 2017.4 (LTS)? I've tried using the package manager via the API, but it can't find the package with the ID com.unity.postprocessing.

I'm trying to bump my asset to work with the long term support versions of Unity instead of forcing people up to 2018, but I get missing component script errors for the PostProcessingLayer, and that doesn't exist in the post processing stack version that's on the asset store.

Edit: Just checked around again, and the asset store version says v2 is available through the package manager for 2017.3+. Does it use a different ID?