Search Unity

Question on Unity tutorial and online storage exercises

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unity-Student0, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

Hello,

I already completed all exercises in link https://learn.unity.com/course/create-with-code?uv=2020.3. Create with Code: Live - Spring 2021. I found that now, the online storage system suddenly doesn't have the images of my coursework anymore. Bear in mind that it's been easily 1 year since I haven't checked the progress of this training course. So why are the screenshots of my exercises gone? Is there some rule that the screenshots will be removed after 6 months - 1 year although not explicitly stated?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry for the delay, but I noticed your most recent post too. What "online storage system" are you referring to? And can you define "images of my coursework", do you mean screenshots?

3. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

No. It means the cloud system - online storage system resetted my progress back to 0. It's as if I never did the courses. That's why I'm wondering what happened earlier. Yes - "images of my coursework" does mean all my screenshots. I wasn't sure how to load a video.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I'm not sure what cloud system you are referring to, you mean just the tutorial itself? And the tutorial prompted you to take screenshots and make a video? Are you logging in as the same user as previously? And to be clear, you are wanting to take this tutorial over again? Would you not want to start at the beginning again, if so? Apologies if I'm not following.

5. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

I should say that the cloud refers to the Unity learn website since you are so confused. I'm inserting the screenshots since you don't understand what is going on. See my screenshot. The completed progress status was resetted back to 0. The green rounded squares indicating i completed all the tutorials just disappeared. So now you puzzle out why that can happen. I was so shocked but there was no email to send to you guys. And you don't always pay attention to the forum. That's how bad thing were.

Attached Files:

6. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Thats not the 'cloud', its a website.

Also, your screenshot is cut off so we cant see if you are actually logged in, which if not would ofcourse cause any user bound progress to not show. I suggest checking you are actually logged in on the website. Being logged in on the forums is not the same as being logged in elsewhere such as unity learn.

There is a way to contact support, did you not google it? https://unity.com/support-services

Good luck :)

7. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

No I didn't. But I did do a chat with Unity team sometime back and they couldn't answer it. I sent feedback long time back using the support link at the bottom of the page. I didn't get any replies. This is the kind of reason why I want an e-mail. It's not critically important but it does help answer why this kind of thing happens.

8. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Do you think filtering through millions of emails would be a good use of the teams time? There are more than 5 million unity users, having an open email is just not a sensible way to manage this. There is a "contact us" button which is as good as email and gets you an email response - use that :)

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Unity-Student0 We have never had a single company-wide email that would go to all 2,000+ employees, that would be inappropriate. This was answered previously, please don't multipost. Please use the support site as mentioned, your issue will be routed accordingly. You need to be logged into the Learn site to track your progress. And I see the tutorial images in your attachment. Those are not your screenshots, those are part of the online tutorial. Sorry for the confusion.